Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 187

I made a trading bot ( without coding ) from <name removed >. But that bot is not opening more than one trade simultaneously when new trade is triggered, previous one gets closed automatically Please help me
  Coding Help  (1)
Hello all, I was having some trouble with an idea I had recently and I would love to get some help if possible. I'm pretty new in coding in general so if I'm missing something obvious I apologize. So below is my code and my idea was to be able to set the inputs of an indicator without them having to
Hi, i know here are topics because of this but they didnt solve my problem. Anyone has experience with it. i subscribed a Signal. Its not working. I have Metatrader running on my own VPS. Journal tell me - "signal copying for 'GBPUSD' is prohibited by your broker" - "symbol GBPUSD not found"
Hi all! I have an EA which trades based on a breakout strategy. When the price reaches a support or resistance level it places a market order. But the trading is only allowed up to a certain distance after the level, to avoid big slippage. So when the price jumps through this range, the trade is
Hi, I am new to programming and algo trading in general. I am having problem with my bot not being able to open just one trade at a time, but in the same time being able to sell and short. I tried to fix this by using magic numbers but it doesn't work. Any help would be much appreciated. here is the
Hi guys, Is it possible to create objects (e.g.: OBJ_TREND) in the strategy tester in a separate indicator subwindow? I loaded an indicator from my EA using iCustom,, I added it to the chart using ChartIndicatorAdd (separate subwindow),, I started to draw trend lines into this new indicator
  vps trouble  (21   1 2 3)
Hi guys I have a ea that I want to run on a vps but I am having difficulty setting up the vps. I went trough all the steps to migrate and to synchronize the vps with my mt4 account but it does not seem to be working. The EA works when my pc is on it enters and exits trades but not when I turn the pc...
  Forex EA  (1)
Hi y’all! I was wondering, when i install an EA just like any one would. once it starts trading, and you go on your trade history. you can tell an EA placed those trades because it shows the name of the EA in the comment. Is there a way i can get rid of that? so that it looks like it’s a regular
Today I am asked to do MQL5 activations again for all my market EA'a on the same machine I have them activated on before. Does anyone have the same problem? I cannot think of a reason why this is happening, there was a windows automatic update last night but that should not stop the EA activations....
I have an idea of ​​trading that I managed to do some tests in excel and they looked very interesting, there it is: The strategy is based on the previous candle. 1- The opening of the negotiation must be made available in two ways; in favor of the previous candle and against a previous candle
Generally I know how to search for a pattern in lower timeframes between two datetime values. I need to do something a bit different now. How can I search within for patterns on lower timeframes within one candle? For example, say, I have an H1 bullish candle and I want to search for a candle
Hi sorry to be probably a newbee but I've got a problem with this new ea that I've made normally all my other ea worked perfectly fine but this one work on backtesting but not on my normal account. I've activate live trading, the little smiley is on the chart.... Would someone have any clue please
Hello. Let me start by being a newbie to EA. I am creating a scalping robot, I am currently in the buy position. In short, the position is supposed to open if the candle closes above the EMA 12. The problem is that EA reads the price from ordinary candles and not from Heiken Ashi. The picture shows
1>I am just learning to write an EA. I have reached a level where my EA execute trades at the place and close trades at desired places according to indicator. Earlier they were getting caught in flats however with few more tweaks rarity of getting caught these loop holes has significantly decreased
  ON/OFF Strategy  (1)
Hey, I have written a code with an ON/OFF buttons to turn on or Off strategies. However, I am not sure that the way I did works well for optimization with the " || ". Maybe I should use " && " ? Thnaks
Hello, I am trying to test out many different indicators in the strategy tester and was trying to figure out a way to swap indicators in and out using a comma separated string that contained the indicator parameters. I know it can be done because I have an EA that allowed you to do the same thing
int Hlines() { int numberofhlines; for ( int i= ObjectsTotal ( 0 , 0 , 0 )- 1 ;i> 0 ;i--) //I cannot get correct parameters for ObjectsTotal() so I can loop through all parameters { int type= ObjectGetInteger (i, 0
THE CODE I WRITTEN TO STOP LOSS is not working My purpose of using price close is to make transactions according to the last price of the bar. if((CountOpenedPositions("buy") !=0 && (((InitialBalance)-(PRICE_CLOSE) ))/InitialBalance >= ( CloseLossPercent)/100 ||
Hi all, I couldn't find an appropriate channel for bug report so I'm posting it here. Maybe the community can confirm this as a bug and hopefully someone could forward this thread to the developers. The issue I'm facing is with the OrderSendResult structure returned after an order_send ()
I get the error: 2019.01.02 23:58:00   PlaceOrder: error 4756, retcode = 10013  4756 : Trade request sending failed 10013: Invalid request Anyone an idea why this fails?? MqlTradeRequest req={0};      req.action      = TRADE_ACTION_SLTP;    req.symbol      = _Symbol;    req.magic       =...
I'm subscribed to a signal. I have to keep my laptop connected for trades to open which is fine with me. But there's a problem! When I disconnect the internet for a certain period of time, then reconnect, trades that the EA posted while I was offline start popping up on my MT4. This is very risky as
Hello everyone! How are you guys doing? So, I've been programming my expert for some time, and now I've ran into an issue I can't figure out. My Expert has been programmed using the template that the wizard generates. I've programmed my signal and the expert. The code seems to be working just fine
Hello community, this is my first post here, thanks for reading. I'm looking for an EA which will trade at the levels I see on my Renko chart. It doesn't need to look at Renko bricks as such, I'm just thinking in terms of the price levels they represent. I want to automatically trade price
I want to create a function to open an order and one to close the pending order or the position. No problem with opening the position/order, but the issue is with the closing function. import time import MetaTrader5 as mt5 # establish connection to the MetaTrader 5 terminal if not mt5.initialize()
Hi all, In my strategy, I found that when a trade lasts more than 50 seconds and the result is negative, it will remain negative until a certain stop loss is reached. To anticipate this condition, I would like to place a stop loss over time. I managed to finish the code up to this point, but for
Hi all. Recently, I moved to metatrader from amibroker. I want to make coding based on the tick chart but as u know, there is no tick timeframes in the metatrader5 I found that there is indicator of tick chart but I don't know how to make a coding based on this indicator. Please let me know the "
Are there any ways to write an EA code that recognize crossover of two indicators in a single chart? For example I put RSI and MA in a chart and want to know when they cross each other's
If I had purchased a EA, then Can I download demo version ? Because I want to strategy test on my other PC, but I don't want to use activation. In that case, how can I down load demo version for strategy test without activation
Hi When I run debug (see attached code in test1.mq5) I get: 2021.01.30 10:39:56.383 2019.10.29 00:00:00 failed to load debug symbols and debuging isn't possible! Breakpoint not working ... I think because error: failed to load debug symbols! Why? Any solution? Best regards J