Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 379

vps?  (2)
i need help to make sure how my account and ea working well after  i migrate to vps ..because i turned off my computer for whole night then in the morning i open my computer i start mt4 once started i notice the face of ea on the right upper corner SAD..and i notice also new order opened like it was...
Hi all, is there an EA able to automatically add stoploss and takeprofit specific fixed values to any manually opened position in real time? Thanks a lot.
Hi, I have an EA running on MT4 on a windows 8.1 interface. When a buy/sell position is opened, the alter box pops up on my mt4 screen, BUT it does not make any sound. Id like it to make a sound so that I know when if/when one has been started more easily. Any advice would be...
  Choose a VPS  (8)
I need a VPS for one instance of Metatrader and perhaps one instance of Tradestation from time to time. I'm trying to save costs while I am still in testing mode.  We are not profitable yet.  What should I use?
In order to check the last order Type if LONG or CHORT For Example : Long if Last Closed is Short int LastOrderType(){ for(int i=OrdersTotal()-1;i>=0;i--) { bool select=OrderSelect(i,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_TRADES); if(OrderSymbol()==Symbol()&&OrderMagicNumber()==MagicNumber)  {...
[Deleted]
Hi there ! Can someone please help here. I am trying to add an indicator with no sucess. void CreateChartInSubwindow(int window_number, // subwindow number int macd_type, // macd_type int x_distance,...
Hi Guys, Currently when my EA autotrades it says "autotrade #12122331 sell 1.00 at 1.5402". How can I change/append info to this? I want to add my own deal number so I can match the logs to the trade. My EA trades using an extension of the signal class so I don't directly call CTrade.Buy/Sell. Does
I know it sounds strange that I have these problems. First when I download the demo, "Manual Trader", it wipes out half of my indicators from my chart, and then when I click the "Buy" button, nothing happens. There must be some magic way of buying things?
  OrderSend() questions  (81   1 2 3 4 5 ... 8 9)
The first day of the Championship has shown that my Expert Advisor does not work as intended, namely, instead of a single pending order it places several unidirectional pending orders. This is approximately the following structure: bool flag_order= false ; ... if (OrderSend(request,result))
I am testing an MQL5 custom indicator on historical data using Strategy Tester. See below: int OnCalculate (const int rates_total, // size of input time series const int prev_calculated, // bars handled in previous call const datetime& time[], // Time...
Hi, I'am a beginner in programming ea's. I start with strategy which open few pending order but after while are too much not actually pendings orders. For now I using a scripts like : --------------------- for(int i=OrdersTotal()-1; i>=0; i--)   { if(OrderSelect(i,SELECT_BY_POS...
i have to make an EA which use buy stop limit and sell stop limit automatically with stop loss and take profit and calendar it  
hi i have a indicator how to call my indicator function in to my EA? Thank you. 
  virtual hosting  (3)
Hi guys i've subscribed the virtual hosting services, i've syncronized my EA and then i shut down my PC. the next day no trades have been placed, is it normal? my pc has to continue to stay turned on and metatrader should always run on my pc to let the ea work? many thanks
Hi I am giving the ea code below double macd[2];&nbsp;&nbsp; double signal[2]; int i;&nbsp;&nbsp; for(i=0;i<2;i++)&nbsp;&nbsp;{ macd[i]= iMACD(Symbol(), 0, FAST_EMA_PERIOD, SLOW_EMA_PERIOD, MACD_SIGNAL_PERIOD, PRICE_CLOSE, MODE_MAIN, i+1); signal[i]= iMACD(Symbol(), 0,...
[Deleted]
Hello, I want somebody to compile my EA, it was performing well until the latest update by MT4 which has reendered it useless. Just need to eliminate TimeGMT function as I see in the Errors tab. Can anyone do the job?
I want to calculate the contract amount regarding the actual balance of the depot. Can anyone describe how I can read the balance ? thanks in advance
Hi all! I'm writing an EA based on SMA crossing (or rather I thought I already did, because it seems to be simple). But... I have faced a problem. The Expert Advisor works by the following principle: when a new bar appears, it analyzes the SMA values for the last two bars, not counting the last one
Hi, For some reason my stop loss gets triggered early. In the following example I have a stop loss @1.11460 but the candle that causes the stop to be triggered only reaches a high of 1.11435.
[Deleted]
I want to find the EA or the Script that will be my name "REVO" that serves as an already open position justifies wrong on real transactions, e.g: when we open Buy position and turns the market falls then the Buy will change name to Sell and sign [-] is missing. So instead ... If...
Hello, I have a Bollinger Bands indicator on the chart. Also I have its handle. Then I would like to get the number of candles before it starts to be plotted? Please, check the image below: I want to get the number of candles betwen the two yellow dots, I mean: 39. I would like a clean and...
Could any of you recomend a EA with this functions? I d not need fancy stuff like % of profit or time closing, just a fast EA that works with only a "click"... Thanks in advance!!
I got into trouble when I will upload product version in the market for publishing EA. I upload the file ex4 EA as usual but the moderator asked to include indicators in the resources of the main indicator. By attaching captions below : I am confused, Why not upload files indicators also then...
Hello, now i can get the last/newest position info buy this code PositionSelect(_Symbol) ;ulong position_ID=PositionGetInteger(POSITION_IDENTIFIER);long create_time_msc=PositionGetInteger(POSITION_TIME_MSC);long update_time_sec=PositionGetInteger(POSITION_TIME_UPDATE);long...
Hello, I would like to know if MT5 do a time change when political administrations do it, and in that case which is the moment when MT5 do such times changes? As all we know, countries change the time to take advantage of the summer light, see link below: https://en.wikipedia...
Hello. I reinstaled my MT4, and now some of my indicators doesn't work anymore. Heiken Ashi smoothed and most of my histogram indicators show just couple bars at the end of the chart or dont show anything. Maybe someone can help me, and know what the problem is?
I recently subscribed to a mql5 signal and set my account balance percentage to 75%. However, I would like to change this percentage ratio now. How could I access the settings for the signal to which I am subscribed? Sorry for the newbie question and thanks very much.
Hi there ! On my last post I was wondering how to work with OHLC, founding no solution, I now use for the EA ticks. When I optimize, results appears, but when replayed the results differs. What that could be due to please ? thanks.
Hello all, I just started having this problem yesterday. Whenever I try to subscribe to any signal besides the few that are listed in mt4, it won't let me subscribe. I enter my password and then nothing happens. I also can't save them as a favorite, they're all grayed out. I've tried going...