Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 383

Time  (2)
Does an EA use brokertime?
Hello forum, good day. How can the account drawdown (Absolute, Maximal and Relative) be calculated in code? I found the following calculations for Absolute and Maximal DrawDown in this article, but it doesn't show how to do it in code: AbsoluteDrawDown = InitialDeposit -...
Hello forum, good day. I need your help to get the lowest Lows in 10 bar intervals from 100 previous bars into an array. Your help will be much appreciated. This is what I'm trying but I get an array out of range error: double LowestLow[];int limit = MathMin( 100, iBars( NULL, 0 ) );for (...
Hi, There's any way to subscribe for multiple signal services for the same period and the same MT4 account? Thanks
I have written an EA in MQL4 and ported it MQL5. Part of troubleshooting it is viewing Log info, and I noticed that in MT5, I can't see a list of Inputs like I can in MT4. Is there something I am missing here? Excuse me if this is the wrong place to report this kind of issue........ MT5...
The log for EA continuously keeps showing "loaded successfully" and then "removed." Could this because I am using Ontick() or iClose ? Cheers
[Deleted]
Hello community, I am currently working on an EA using mql5 and I want to check if a pending order has reached its take profit. I already thought of going through the list of HistoryDeals to identify the deal that corresponds with the pending order, but this seemed a little too complicated for...
Hi Guys! I'm a newbie in MQL4. In 2012, I had written an EA to manage the opening orders with the contents: In a currency pair, if the market reaches a profit (A0), SL will be moved automatically to entry. Afterthat, if the price reaches a profit (A1), EA will take the first part of volume (m1)...
  Pinbar Signal EA  (5)
Hi MQL 4/5 users. I have created an EA that detects Pinbars (Yes, I know it's been done before but I'm very new to coding and this is my version which I intend on building additional confluence and trading functionality into). So far, the EA checks prior candles (the quantity specified by...
Hi All, I have been writing an EA in MQL4 for the past few days. Now I have come to know that MQL4 doesn't support multicurrency trading. I was wondering if Multicurrency trading is possible in MQL5? How difficult is it to convert MQL4 code to MQL5? My main code is in MATLAB. Would it be better to
Hello, I am new to MT4 and learning to program EA's.  I have a current EA working just fine, but I'm trying to backtest it and having problems. After finishing the Run with Optimization turned on, nothing appears in the Optimization Results or Graph. The Journal shows some of the following: 581...
hi everybody, even tho my understanding of things like this is growing a bit bigger, im stuck once again. which basically opens a trade when X pips from the last trade (this case its a buy order) has changed in the opposite direction. now, logical thing would be to change the last_buy_price -...
As a forex trader who has studied the market over a period of time, and has gain much needed experience, I am looking for a legit expert adviser(EA robot) developer. I have a great strategy. I have tested it backwards and it seems perfect. I need a robot for it. Contact me if you are genuine. Thank...
I was trying to execute only one EA per _Symbol, i tried mutex and winapi, but that was very ugly... Asking to MQL5 support they report me this interesting condition: FileOpen when not used with shared write or shared read will open file with exclusive lock, including the FILE_COMMON flag you...
Does anyone know where I can get an EA/ utility for mT4 that will allow me to average into a trade. So for example I want to enter a trade with a 50pip stop, I enter the first market order, then the EA/ utility enter another one for me at -30 pips, the stop for both is set at -50 pips. Does this...
#property copyright "Copyright 2015, MetaQuotes Software Corp."#property link "https://www.mql5.com"#property version "1.00"static long hisTickVolume[]; void OnTick() {    GetHistoricoQtdeNegocio();  }void GetHistoricoQtdeNegocio() { string opcaoOperar =...
  MT4 CCI Bug?  (2)
Hi, Is it me or have I discovered a bug with the CCI calculation in MetaTrader 4? I'm using this EA code... //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//| TestCCI.mq4 |//|...
Hello, I have a struggle to read the buffers from a custom indicator. Stange is that I get it to work in an indicator without problems, but when I try to read the value in the EA I get always an EMPTY_VALUE or 2147483647 Any help appreciated. Thanks.
Hallo, I've a problem with freezing strategy tester. When I run optimization strategy tester running few hours (20-30h) and then freezes. On the chart optimization appears  "swoosh" typical for this situation (in attach). In the log is not registered no errors. Please, does anyone know...
Hello, When compiling I have the error "possible loss of data due to type conversion" i suspect it is because of the variable type which the price is being stored in. Any help is greatly appreciated. Here's the code: (by the way I know it doesn't do anything I'm just looking for a solution to the...
Hey guys, i was wondering if below is possible. I have 2 EA's which should work in conjunction to each other, EA 1 (for Binary) and EA 2 (for Forex). EA 2 is an exact copy of EA 1, the only difference is whenever EA 1 opens Call (buy) order, EA 2 should opens the opposite, and vice versa. Both EA...
Hey guys, Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I've been struggling for a while. I want to include this indicator: https://www.mql5.com/en/code/679 in my EA. I want to get the value it calculates in as a double in my EA, so that I can use it as part of my trading strategy . I have been able to use
  Invalid lots  (2)
Hello, Could anyone please show how to solve in experts file 'invalid lots amount for order send function'? Please advise. Much appreciated. 
I will like to do an EA to mirror how I trade and please I am not looking to purchase an EA off the shelf even if it makes money. I see that all developers have excellent reviews and that is a good starting point. I am not looking to make a career out of coding, as there are people who are better...
[Deleted]
research for so many years, finally i was done with it, but in mql4, i had try to transform to mql5, but the result seem so bad compare to this. so i need someone to transform it into mql5.
Dear all I am running an EA on a Strategy tester on MT4 and it runs okay but it doesn't executes any trades. I get an error message like this below: 2015.06.04 22:55:31.858 1993.09.21 23:00 Stark_EA_prototype AUDUSD,M30: OrderSend error 131 2015.06.04 22:55:28.017 1993.09.14 23:00...
Hello forum, good day. Is it possible to iterate a for loop in both directions from a certain point in it until certain criteria is met? For example, lets say that I have a condition inside a for loop where a Moving Average meets criteria at bar 16. At this moment, I assign the value of the Moving
Hi, What is the code if I want to put one buystop order and one sellstop order for any open trades that I opened manually (or by another EA)? I trade multiple currency pairs so I need an EA that just sit on my MT4, wait for any open trades (any symbol), then add/open the pending orders....
Suppose I have subscribed for a signal provider and Signal provider is trading with 1 lot. I wan't to know the method of calculating the lot size to which will be traded in my account. Please check the attached image.