Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 382

Dear fellow traders, I am going to ask you most probably a very stupid question and most probably this question was asked many times before but I am willing to take a risk here. Do Expert Advisors really work in the long term? Do they work at all? I have used them in the past just to see my...
Hi, I'd like to know when a deal is closed by hitting a SL how to detect it ? By browsing the history I can know if the deal has been closed or not, but how to read the way the deal is closed (sl hit) ?
Hi, I have written an EA in mql 4 based on moving average crossover confirmed by ADX. On comilation, meta editor is giving warnings as shown in figure. However,this EA is working fine in strategy tester on EURUSD 1 hr chart. Can anybody help me to rectify the warnings. Thanks in advance.
Hello forum, good day. I need help identifying why am I getting an Array Out of Range error so I can solve this. What I'm trying to do is to move right and left 'N' number of bars from a certain point in a Moving Average. The problem occurs 10 bars or so after starting the Strategy Tester. I have...
  Hide "dependencies" DLL  (12   1 2)
Hi, is there any function in MQL to hide "dependencies" DLL in EA? Thx.
  SCANNER  (2)
I NEED A SCANNER THAT WOULD SCAN FROM A DAILY CHART AND COME UP WITH A CURRENCY IN A 3-5 DAY RETRACEMENT (3-5 RED BARS ) AND ON THE 4TH - 6TH DAY A GREEN FORMS, WHOSE -LOW IS HIGHER THAN THE PREVIOUS BAR'S LOW. - HIGH IS HIGHER THAN THE PREVIOUS BAR'S HIGH. -CLOSE IS HIGHER THAN THE...
I need help with learning the VTS (Visual Traders Studio). I am looking for a Consultant/Trainer in VTS to help me with creating EA's.
IF (something == something) return (this); <-- where do i add a Print ("this")? im having trouble adding the print part alongside the return call. any help? code: if (X==Z) return (0) ; else X=Y(); // Print ("WUT")
sorry if this question has already been asked before, but I couldn't find it at all I'm new to ea programming and used an online builder to make a simple ea, that would just buy when RSI got above 25 and sell when got under 75, and a take profit command but when i paste the code into the editor...
Hi   Do you know how to tackle this isuues of pivot backtesting.I have had coder who did Pivot EA for me but I cant backtest it.Any ideas how to sort it out? 
hello, can anyone help me out with an EA there is some problem on it. when ever it wants to buy it sells and it sells wen it wants to buy.... please can some one re-code the EA and change the order..
I followed the instructions given in few sites, which basically consist of making your mt4 offline, deleting old history, downloading m1 history, importing it, converting it to m5, m15, m30, h1, restarting. My problem is that for m15 i'm getting model quality of 90% but m30 and upwards is giving me
New to metatrade, check if EA will function if I've subscribed to a trading signals?
its a simple strategy i tried to build a EA but failed. it wont take long to program this simple bot if you could DM me here or on skype we can discuss the strategy&nbsp;
I have a problem when i am trying to Complie my BinaryOption EA that i just "remade" from being an Indicator to an Expert Advisor.. I have remode it so it runs in #property strict and Tick() mode and i have only 1 error left.. the error saz -----> 'ver' - #import was not closed im figuring i...
Hello, Is it possible to use a copy EA on a subscribed signal? I want to copy trades on a demo account that has a signal subscription, and then use the slave on a live account so I can use the lot size that I want, and not the author of the signal. Thanks!
Hello all, I'm writing my first EA based on Standard Library. I was able to write my custom signal class inherited from CExpertSignal, it works fine in opening long and short position. Now I want to add the ability to close that position when the signals say so, just I fail to see to implement it...
Anybody can help me with this? I have made my first very basic EA and in strategy tester was working fine. However, now when applying to live chart both my buy and sell entries are about 5pips too high. EA code is attached and picture shows the basic idea of strategy. based on a 13 pip distance from...
[Deleted]
Hello. The backing test of EA of the code base and the market on this site is done. Only 1/10 increases in EUR/USDmicro though I do the backing test with EUR/USD and EUR/USDmicro of XM. Why ? Moreover, there is EA of which it makes an error only by increasing the lot a little, too. Why ?
Having trouble going about building an array for an Expert Advisor. My goal is to build an array program holds the values of the designated indicators which will be diffreniated by time ie candle sticks.&nbsp; Does that make any sense?
Hi, Is there any way to accept requotes in EA
  Gold EA error?  (5)
I wrote a code for Gold pair, but it didn't work. if((Symbol() == "XAUUSD")|| (Symbol()== "XAUUSD-") ) pips = 0.1;int buystop= OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUYSTOP,0.1,Ask+50*pips,5,Ask+40*pips,Ask+70*pips,NULL,0,0,clrNONE ); Anyone knows the reason?
Hi all.  I'm working on an EA that checks the most recenltly closed bar for Pinbar geometry. The code at the bottom of the page is a cut-down version of the EA, intended to to display my issue.  I first search for when a bar closes using code that has been on this forum many times, and this works...
I have a EA ,and do optimization many times, and the result make me so confuse.... It's appear that the result is Significant different in different period , for example , optimization result in Jan.2013 only,is different with Feb. and if you do it from Jan. to Feb. you get another. so.... one set
Hello, Could anyone recommend a good free or commercial obfuscator for an MT4 EA please? Thanks,
Hey guys, new to the forums, i couldn't find this answer. So i just brought my first signal service, the person hasn't traded yet, but im wondering when we go to tools then options then the signals tab and we can specify how much percentage to use of our deposit, what lot size does it trade at?...
Is it possible to run more than one expert advisor when using Mql5 vps service. If so ,what is the maximum number of Expert advisors that can be run on one vps account.
Hi, I'm new at Mql5 I registered on MT4 broker and on MQL5 and I want to to copy signals. But, I can't access the signals area shown on tutorial videos How can I add the signals area to my MT4?
Hello all :) I have 4 mt4 accounts with 4 differents companies, i'm working scalping and i try always to exploit the fast movement after news and explosions to take positions, and that's very difficult to enter and exit the market with moving between 4 platforms. i told the problem to my friend and
Hello all expert coders, I wrote an ea to move away from spending countless hours on the monitors. I am doing some back testing but whenever I run a back test i get the following error: Warning : Can not execute new OP_SELL order for Symbol EURUSD. Maximum number of 1 open positions reached. Now...