Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 386

Hello, I'm using Strategy Tester with a multiple currency EA but I can't figure out how it works in detail. There is this article that introduce Multiple Currency EA but it doesn't go into details. Ok there is an option to say "Take all symbols selected in MarketWatch" but from what I see it...
Hello guys i have problem with my EA robot.My robot have Trailing stop but doest work on live test and in back test work.Anyone can help my to fix it please? (sorry for grammar mistakes in from Czech Republic)
Within the "Experts" tab of the Toolbox terminal, my EA writes a message that states, "2015.05.20 11:14:08.726 EA (USDCHF,M1) The forced closure of the passage 1 : Summary -81.53". What does this message mean? Sometimes there's multiple repeats of this message but with different passage #s...
Hello, does anyone have an idea how how i can select an old order? in my mind is, to check how long was the last order ago in the currency pair as example, before i set an order, i will check out, if there was an order within the last 5 minutes. does anyone have a code idea for me?...
Hi, My JForex account has great trading conditions and I would like to test out an EA that scalps the DAX. How do I convert the EA from MQL to Java script or alternatively is there an API that I can use to trade MT4 with JForex conditions i.e. bridge, trade copier etc... Thanks, Pete K
How can Iobtain (if possible) historical tick data, for my specific broker that i'm using (FXGlory -- or any other brokerage), so I may backtest my EAs with THEIR recoded tick data? I would really appreciate if anyone would be so kind to enlighten me and the community! Thank you for your time....
I have developped a code for file interpration with html code , and the second step is to lock the html page in a csv file . The EA has to find some strings in the file saved with the csv extension . The code can not find the string , and the message is value -1 for the handle for the FileOpen...
  strategi tester  (3)
I have created an EA wich in strategi tester performs fine. BUT  how should i exspect it to run on live account. compared to the tester ? do i need to watch it like a hawk all the time the first 3 month or can i trust that it will get almost same result on live account ?     i am new into automated...
Hi, if I call an indicator in my EA Tick_by_Tick using iCustom(), what Indicator-events will be triggered Tick_by_Tick, in other words, will the indicator On_Init Event fire every time when I call from the EA, or will the Indicator do the On_Init once and subsequently execute only the On_Calculate...
Hi everyone, I'd like to know in a hand if there 's an EA with which I can set a dynamic Trailing stop sytem automatically when I open a position (from an order or manually), that mean for instance that for each 1 tick of valuation on the stock price, the Stop loss goes up/down by 1 tick following...
Let's say I have build a custom indicator for binary option, it gives buy sell alerts. I need to know what is the best settings for my indicator to archive the highest win rate. Because I can't backtest indicator in Mt4, so I need to convert it to EA. I think it is not difficult to convert my...
Hello forum, good day. With what property can a bar be highlighted in MQL4? Your help will be much appreciated. Best regards and thank you, Gerardo 
Something strange hapens when i try to backtest my EA. When i restart platform and start EA for the first time it is working, but when i terminate EA (stop buton), and press start again it shows: 2015.05.16 15:01:41    Core 1    connection closed 2015.05.16 15:01:41    Core 1    disconnected and im...
I am back testing a multi currency EA. I noticed in my logs there are messages such as: 2015.04.23 19:00:17 Core 8 GBPCAD: history for 2015 year synchronized What exactly does history synchronization do? I see it happening on pairs that are included in my EA but set to "false", meaning that they
Hi, How to ? I think it's more than relevant since a profit expressed in $ is lot-dependant.
Hello,   I am generating trade signals from a separate server, which gets uploaded to a MySQL database. Right I am running an EA script, and essentially at every tick I am detecting for changed in the database. If a new signal is uploaded, it will be picked up by the EA script and it will...
Hello forum, good day. How can a trend reversal be detected more accurately, with price action, using a technical indicator, or both? And, which technical indicators would be the best for this case? Your help will be much appreciated. Best regards, Gerardo
can any one modify this EA it's only working in back test but i want to use it in forward trading please some one fix it ???
Hi, Optimizing an EA on a instrument for which my broker owns 2 years, I'm wondering if I'd better use 1/2, 1/3, 1/4 ? Which advantages/inconvenient for each, generally speaking & on my 2 years history's symbol ? (MT5,brokers data only). 1/2 : catch params with better perf on a long 1/2, then...
Hello, MT5 in tester mode clears the contents of the folder ...\MQL5\Files\ within the branch ...\AppData\Roaming\Metaquotes\Tester\ just before starting a new test. However, the branch ...\AppData\Roaming\Metaquotes\Terminal\ is always preserved. How can I keep persistent files to be read...
Dear all, I succesfully subscribed to a free Metatrader trading signal for several days and I have a problem when trying to do it in a different computer. I want to subscribe to the same signal provider with the same brokar but in a different account, so a different login is required (same broker...
May i ask will this error exist if there're 2 mt4 terminal run the EA which using the same magic number at the same time? There're 2 Brokers, but using Same EA, Same magic number and run at the same time. 1st mt4 EA, magic number = 11111. 2nd mt4 Ea, magic number = 11111. Yet, it came out...
The result is a powerful filter with good throughput. For example iVolume<50 Sell open. iVolume>300 Buy open
Hi, I have a problem I have tried everything and cannot load my EA on the MQL Virtual Server. The server will not allow DLL that I know is Ok, But when I turn off DLL from the EA inputs then I lose the chart on MT4. Then I cannot load Quantina EA to the Virtual Server because it's not there....
Is it a limitation to mt5 that when testing a multi-cuurency EA the results will be different depending on the symbol it is tested on? Even using the same settings and same symbols selected, I am getting very different results depending on the symbol it is back tested on. EA uses open prices only. I...
Hi, I have a small visual problem with my homemade Binary EA. When i start the EA and the signals come its all good, but after a while when many new bars has come the arrow start chaning place. I have the arrows in IndicatorBuffs like this, SetIndexBuffer(0,arrow_dn); SetIndexArrow(0...
  Newbie Question  (1)
Hi there, maybe i'm a donk, but i can't get this Software running with a bot ! I got the Errors: 2015.05.13 05:02:16.434 MACD Sample GOLD,Daily: Error opening BUY order : 130 or 2015.05.13 05:03:27.731 MACD Sample GOLD,Daily: Error opening BUY order : 4109 Im using a demo account and...
I would like to be able to overlay two closely correlated currency charts (EURUSD and GBPUSD) on an MT4 platform to demonstrate the differences in direction and relative movements to one another in different time frames.Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I attended a fx paid training in jamnagar gujrate india.after lot of effort I concluded, only i couold trade is using smart expert which could trade for me, I found a simple expert using ma and adx written by samuel, I could used to trade, however i cannot debug or compile it, because it has some...
Hi, I'm setting the request deviation variable of the MqlTradeRequest structure before send an order and testing my EA with the Random Delay Mode enabled on the Strategy Tester. The problem is that the order is been executed with slippgages much grater than the value set. There's any pre-requisit...