TotalProfit_Target and TotalProfit_Step_Target Questions

Hi everyone,

I am experimenting with a scalping EA that I found online, but I am struggling to find the answers to some of my questions. Any help is much appreciated as I am pretty new to this side of trading and don't have much coding experience.

A couple of the settings in this EA are TotalProfit_Target and TotalProfit_Step_Target, both of which came default at 0.01. However, some of my testing started to show that a higher value here was more profitable overall (in backtesting). I am struggling to figure out what this number is actually changing, though, and that'd make this process much easier.

Thank you very much!

kurtiswithak1:

Hi everyone,

I am experimenting with a scalping EA that I found online, but I am struggling to find the answers to some of my questions. Any help is much appreciated as I am pretty new to this side of trading and don't have much coding experience.

A couple of the settings in this EA are TotalProfit_Target and TotalProfit_Step_Target, both of which came default at 0.01. However, some of my testing started to show that a higher value here was more profitable overall (in backtesting). I am struggling to figure out what this number is actually changing, though, and that'd make this process much easier.

Thank you very much!

ask the author - the only one who can answer it as we can't possible know how it's coded and what functions the different settings refer to...

Kenneth Parling:

ask the author - the only one who can answer it as we can't possible know how it's coded and what functions the different settings refer to...

I see what you mean. I ended up seeing a lot of other EAs using the same setting so I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask if it's a commonly-used thing.

Thanks, though!

Reason: