Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 269

Hi there! I'm optimizing parameters for my EA for various symbols and various periods. There's a way to run the optimizer for a symbol on M1,M5,M10 in one shot? Now I'm doing one by one (symbol1,M1; symbol1,M5   |  symbol2,M1; symbol2,M5   | etc.). Should be nice if we could select symbol, M1|M5|M10...
Hello, A simple question as I'm a bit confused.. If Close[0] returns the close price of the current bar, wouldn't it also be the same as the bid price(in the case that the chart is drawn by the bid price)? And if so, if I'm looking for a certain candle type like a Hammer candle, I would have to...
Dear all, I am using Mt4 and for every currency pair I have a profile. To switch between them I would need to click manually of Shift/Ctrl + F5. Is there a script where I can set the the hotkey for example to "1" for UJ, "2" for EU, "3" for GU? Thank you in advance for your help. Regards, tdbc 
Hi,  I am trying to recreate the Stochastic so that I can use the crossovers between the main and the Signal line. This should be the formula: %K = (Current Close - Lowest Low)/(Highest High - Lowest Low) * 100 %D = 3-day SMA of %K However the results of my code does not match the indicator provided...
Hello, I've been using a couple EAs and all of them use the same order sending algorithm. Everything works normally, but sometimes the EA stops sending orders, printing this error instead. I have error handling in the code, but apparently this error is not returned by GetLastError() function,...
Hi. I'm using orders limit and stop as TakeProfit and StopLoss, have a way to check if order stop or limit is filled?
hello and thank you - I have a robotfx EA - I think that both the indicator and the EA are stored in the right place - however I just cannot get the thing to actually do trades when backtesting (not real trades rather just for backtesting) - what do I need to have set up in the expert properties to...
Hi guys, I just surfing around the internet looking for this specific EA. Currently what I can find on the internet is just EA that closes pending order when price hits EMA. I just couldnt find EA that match my condition. Here are the conditions: 1) Applicable for both Long & Short position 2)...
Hello, My ea is not trading since latest MT4 update. There was an EA download posted on MQL5 for a fix for this, but I accidentally deleted the mt4 terminal that had the EA on it.  I've searched my download folder, trash bin, etc...cannot find it.  Anyone have it?  Thanks, Lorraine
  Expert Advisors  (2)
When I buy the same EA twice  for the same computer. How many licenses are activated. e. 1 EA , 5 activations. That means I buy two EA's and get 10 activations.
Useful snippets go here. 
Hi all I am using TimeGMT() method in EA...  with I attached to live market (not in stratigee tester) in shows time one our back from current GMT time. please help me...
I am newbie in EA system and it's the first time I am trying to write one of them, So a question came up to me: Should we write sell request for our EA, if we have specified take profit in our buy request? I mean the EA won't sell our stock when the market price reached to our bought price+ take...
Moin Moin, I wrote an EA which goes in for a position always Fridays  if some conditions are given. With the conditions everything is good, but with the 'time term' I have some trouble. the code is as follows:   //Wochentag/Stunde/Minute der Woche/Stunde bestimmen     MqlDateTime lokalzeit;...
Hi there, I encounter this dilemma on doing a "more than" comparison. FYI I'm having a 5 digit broker. I would assume 1.14644 > 1.14644 would fail, as there are the same values. However, the result shows TRUE instead. Can anyone clarify that ">" is actually more than?
Good day traders, when i place orders i also place the takeprofit and the stoploss, I can also  determine if the transaction has been closed by: if (myPositions.Select (_Symbol) == false) But I do not know how to determine if the price has touched my takeprofit or stoploss, since I ask  the question...
hi! I have a script,and I want to run and test it, but I don't know how to do.
  Learning MQL  (10)
Hi guys.. I'm a C & PHP languages programmer and I would like to learn MQL Does anyone know how and where to start? Is there a difference between MQL4 and MQL5?. If yes, then which is better to learn?
Hello everyone, I read about different pending orders in MT5 but unfortunately I couldn't find what I need. What I need is putting buy orders exactly when the market price reached to a specified point. For example, consider market price of stock_a is $100 at the moment. I guess it will goes down up...
I want to create a text box square 1. All messages are in the box square. 2. I can move the text box square with the mouse I want an example or a way to create it. I try to use Obj_label or OBJ_Text but they can show only Once Line and long text. Thank you.
Hi, I have recently purchased subscription for $190 on 04/01/2019. There were 7 trades since the subscription started with growth of -0.57%. I messaged the gentleman if he was placing trades which are not copied on my account. He has confirmed that he's been trading successfully and advised me to...
Hi! Can I speak with a programmer? I need an alert indicator.
Hello everyone, Recently I work and backtest 204060 EA that is in top of famous and profitable experts in Mql5.com, I starting to get backtest of it but in some markets situations the account has been called,  What's best setting of this EA?  Below link related 204060 EA: https://www.mql5...
Hey guys, Is there a simple code that I can test on my MT5 application to see if my broker allows automatic trading or not? (I am not in Forex market and just like to see does automatic trading work in our market(Iran market) or not? I know my broker allows conditional orders on MT5) ***I also seek
Hello, iam trying to load historical data this way: iClose(Symbol(), PERIOD_M1, iBarShift(Symbol(), PERIOD_M1,-more than 2 years ago- )); Normally its no Problem to get any data. But if iam loading data about 2 years before from testing start, it returns 0.0.  If i start the backtesting earlier it...
I want to write an EA that reads a text file with contents like bellow and do automatic trading upon it.  Name: stock_a Range: 122 - 124 cost: 1000  Type: buy (IT means today buy the stock_a in prices between 122-124 with total volume of 1000 dollar for example). And the text file will be update...
Hi all,  I have questions on MT4's 'Open prices' testing mode. I understand that the open of the current bar gives the signal that the previous bar has closed. Trading decisions are then made based on the CLOSE price of the bar that was just completed, or the OPEN price of the bar that just opened?...
I want to set the Magic Number in my robots in Metatrader 5 (MQL5). In MQL4 was easy, on OrderSend() I just put the Magic number in order to identify what orders are from each expert advisors (I want to use several different robots, and each robot can only close the positions the same robot open,...
According to this link, https://www.mql5.com/en/docs/files/fileopen, if I use FileOpen my file should be created under my MQL5\files\ directory, but I do not have a files directory. Under \MQL5 I have \experts, \images, \include, \indicators, \scripts. I am not getting an error from an invalid...
I have been using it fine for the past month and suddently it stopps working suddenly. Please help and see the attached screenshot for the journal for the VPS and my MT4 journal.