Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 139

The back-testing in strategy tester closes any open trades at the end of the test period. Is there a way that we can change this setting or do something in coding to achieve that the tester does not close the open trades at the end of testing period
Hello, I am trying to input my EA into the mql5 market. My lotsize parameter is fixed as 0.01 lot size. However, it could not be validated for the market. When I try a higher fixed lotsize as 2.00 lotsize, it could be validated. I want to publish my EA with a fixed lotsize as 0.01. How can I do
  supertrend ea  (2)
hi, I have this ea installed and using on standard settings. i use ic markets to trade - the minimum lot size for us30 is 1.00. when i change the lot size in the settings from the default 0.01 to 1.0 its not picking it up and the bot will not trade. picture attached. <image deleted>
Hi, i am trying to create a script which would close a position when a specified profit is met. so far i have had zero luck at all. Currently i am using the below code to test out. I can compile it fine with 1 warning, but it doesn't work.... ( i understand that if successful this would close all
I have a solid set of MQL5 code and I finally have the ordering right but I'm getting a lot of the '10004' message for the trade result. I know that this is listed as " requote " in the manuals but what exactly does that mean? I have tried re-submitting my requoted orders and it usually results in
Hi all, I would like to test neural network targeting pattern recognition (e.g. head and shoulder) using python. Could you guide me to specific topics, I have tried searching but unable to find what i need. I am almost sure some ppl have tried this. I want to feed the code specific patterns, and
  creating an EA  (2)
Is it possible to create an EA (pips counter) based on the trend when trend is bearish and bullish
Hello everybody, I'm dealing with hundreds of series that have approximately the same % of increase in a given time, but they all differ in terms of linearity. To make it clear, I attached an image here. The blue line represents the ideal series, the green line the worst, the red line the average. I
  MT5 EA  (2)
"Why should my newly created MT5 EA perform differently on my terminal to my developer's terminal using the same login? It works perfectly on his" Developer = White background
I have found a good indicator on the mql5 marketplace but is it possible to create an expert advisor who trades on the signals of this indicator. Unfortunately I don't have the original script so I have to make do with the indicator bought on mql5 marketplace
Seriously guys... why? I have a complex EA and I can't manually write the Array rows and columns every fricking time. It would mean stopping the program and run it again for like 10 times. It is not possibile. I would like to pass those values in a function like this: void create_array( int rows
  10017 Error  (1)
Hello everyone, I have started programming bot for traiding. I use Python IDLE for opening MQL5. Broker: TMS BROKERS. When i try to open a trade i recieve 10017 error: retcode=10017, comment='Trade disabled'. Algo Traiding is ON in MQL5. Tools -> Options -> Strategies -> Allow Algo Traiding - this
  HELP  (3)
Hello, I'm new to this, but I'm looking for how I can create an EA that allows me to put these parameters, or if someone likes to share one, I would appreciate it
I am trying to control my MT5 accounts with Python/MetaTrader5 programs. I have the following order request and its values in Python dictionary format. request = { "action": mt5. TRADE_ACTION_DEAL , "symbol": symbol, "volume": volume, "type": action_type
hi, could you tell me why this code is not opening any positions? #define EMA_MAGIC 123452413534876 //--- #include <Trade\Trade.mqh> #include <Trade\SymbolInfo.mqh> #include <Trade\PositionInfo.mqh> #include <Trade\AccountInfo.mqh> //--- input double InpLots = 0.01 ; // Lots input int
Hi everyone. I' programming my own EA which opens a lot of positions on the same instrument. So far so good, but now I have trouble identifying which pairs belong together, I mean which closing position belongs to which opening position. I can add a comment when opening a position, but I can't find
Hiya, Looking to convert my CFD EA to be suitable for my spreadbetting account & was wondering if there is new terminology required elsewhere in the code or is it simply changing the lot size to £ per pip calculation? Feel like I'm missing something. Trying to write the spec now. Thanks for any
Hi, I use CustomTicksAdd to create ticks from external maket data source via a MT5 service, I checked ticks on the custom symbol chart is perfect compare to external maket data source, but I print out custom symbol tick and EA OnTick at the same time, found sometime EA OnTick is very old tick
Hi, I wanted to know if its possible that the EA wait the reversal before re placing another trade if my Buy Signal is when CCI is over 100 And Sell Signal is when CCI is below =100 Example When the CCI will hit 100, my EA will place an Buy Trade But i dont want it after it hit the SL or TP that
#property copyright "Copyright 2022, MetaQuotes Ltd." #property link "https://www.mql5.com" #property version "1.00" void OnStart () { //--- MqlTradeResult result={}; MqlTradeRequest request={}; request.action= TRADE_ACTION_DEAL ; request.symbol= Symbol (); request.type=
Looks to be very simple to code, i just need a start point from someone
import MetaTrader5 as mt5 import time account= 67602849 password = "fakepassword" server = "mt5-demo01.pepperstone.com" if not mt5.initialize(login=account, password=password, server=server): print( "initialize() failed, error code =" ,mt5.last_error()) quit() authorized=mt5.login(account
Is there any way to set these alerts from EA Code? Can you please share documentation reference, as I am tired of adding alerts manually for multi currencies
Who has experience with developing Expert Advisors that have been optimised with the help of AI? Or which Expert Advisors are already on the market that use AI to make trading decisions? It would also be helpful to have AI tools that help in market analysis of news to better evaluate the amount of
I am new to this website and found some ways to automate the trades using EA or signals. I'm not sure which one should I choose due a lot of options available in EA and signals tab. So which should suit for me as a beginner in following automatic trades, EA or signals
cannot download data history for strategy test
Hi, Since I updated to version 24 July 2020, when importing cache opt file, all parameters are missing, even I select enable all. When exporting to XML, the parameters are missing too. Please check it out. Thanks
[Deleted]
If positions total is greater than 0 I want to select last trade opened. I used the logic below but doesn't seem to work. Can someone kindly assist if (position_number> 0 ) { for ( int b=position_number;b>= 0 ;b--) { PositionSelectByTicket ( PositionGetTicket (position_number- 1
I guess the compiler knows at every time which of code line contains which statement. But there is no such function in functions list. Sometimes out of range bugs are hard to find between functions and classes. It would be convenient to have that and it should be possible I guess
Hi There; I have a need to calculate 3 bars in M15 range. the last 3 bars including the current bar to make it comfortable. I do not want to rely on Chart component as the user will change the M15 to other ranges periodically and it's part of the automated process. The purpose of the requirement is