I backtested an EA on two different brokers, with everything the same, and they gave different results

I had never paid attention to this before, but recently I backtested an EA on two different brokers, with everything the same, and they gave different results, it wasn't an extreme change, but now I don't know which one I should trust more.

Different trading conditions, spread and other factors can give different results between brokers, this is not a surprise.

For example an ECN commission based broker would give better results in a scalping strategy, than a standard broker with a large spread.

Consider your results and available options and decide.

Discussion or recommendations about broker are not allowed in this forum.

eujulio:
I had never paid attention to this before, but recently I backtested an EA on two different brokers, with everything the same, and they gave different results, it wasn't an extreme change, but now I don't know which one I should trust more.
It must not be same - because two different brokers and two different data/quotes and so on.
read summary post for details (and read this short thread too - Backtesting results in different results on different brokers ).

By the way, the backtesting results may be different in case of one broker - the thread about it:
Same broker, different results
Can backtest results be too good to be true? - How to test your investment strategy on multiple currencies; Back test results are nothing, you can judge it how a broker will
Can backtest results be too good to be true? - How to test your investment strategy on multiple currencies; Back test results are nothing, you can judge it how a broker will
  • www.mql5.com
When i test, i prefer 15+ years on multiple currencies just to see if the strategy has any real weight. Back test results are nothing , you can not judge it how ea will perform in real account when broker will impose all conditions. " i will ask him: "which broker for" (is it profitable for which broker
Reason: