Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 324

i am atrader with 8 years experience and i amwriting a trading system that needs to be an EA. but in thisway i have encountered some important mql4 programming questions.   Q1: i cangenerate s1 (1 second) offline chart  inmt4 by attaching fxblue custom time frame generator EA on any pair onlinechart...
Hi, I'm a newbee in MT4. My Ea only needs OHLC price of every bar in the history. This seems the very basic function of all program trading platforms. But I got confused in Mt4.  There are 3 modes in the backtest. I don't need every tick data, but in the "Open Prices Only" mode, all of the OHLC...
hey guys im new on forex!, i let create an EA which is able to do good result.... i set paramater once to win 100 % trade but this strategy needs a lot of time.. so im looking for a shorter way, i can create an other ea in that way that he winns 49 to 1 / with small pip amount... pip amount is 3...
Hello community, i have tried pulling prices from etoro using webrequest but the problem is that it returns javasript that the page initializes with before displaying main webpage. I treid increasing timeout but still don't get it. link: https://www.etoro.com/watchlists I used FILE_BIN to save it to...
I hired someone to build an EA and then it performs as per the logic the in strategy tester but sometimes not works same way in the DEMO. I have a doubt in following codes and I don't know why he needs to define "testing" especially since it should work same in testing, demo and real. Please, can...
Hi guys, maybe anybody knows of any script or EA providing the following feature? I am using an EA on one pair, but 2 charts. So i use two setting for, let's say EURUSD, with setting A and a second EURUSD chart with setting B. The EA could trail the Equity and close when 1% profit is reached. But it...
_MAvsMA_ema - expert for MetaTrader 4 Marek Views: 5721Rating: votes: 25Files: MA_MA_2-35_EA.mq4 On Oanda's Meta Trader 4, on 1 hour chart, this works great on EUR/USD. Yet does not enter trades on...
Hi, I am backtesting my strategy on EURUSD on 1 minute OHLC but MT5 history contains minute data only for the last 6 months, it seems. Even if I increase the "Max bars in chart" from 100.000 to 1.000.000. Can anyone tell me, please, what options do I have ? Can I get 1 minute OHLC from MT5 ? Or I...
hi im looking for a coder to help me im very new @ forex but i have a strategy that is as simple as good and i would like to find a coder to test it cause im new at forex i dont know basic settings or paramater to set in the right way, but i have the strategy that obviously could be succesful....
Hi guys, Im new to MQL5 and learning as much as I can. I wanted to ask if someone could write out the code for a very, very basic expert advisor robot. All I want it to do is when the RSI hits a certain number, I want to open a trade in the opposite direction with a take profit level and a stop...
Hi, I am in the process of creating an EA but I am unsure of how the Meta Quotes Language work. I am currently adhering to the rules of a trading system but the only problem is that I have to it manually, which is cumbersome and thus I would like to create an EA that could help solve the problem....
Hi everybody, I'm new here and I'm a beginner at MQL4 programming. I have a lot of programming knowledge in C# and JAVA, MQL4 is new for me. I was wondering is it possible to do something like this: In my program I have ADX indicator and I want to test the EA on history data. I would like a pop up...
Hi. I just have EA (I order to the programmer). But I have some problem is not clear, also my programmer. My EA have problem about when I opened monitor of 1 pair such as USDCHF or AUDNZD, if other pair meet the condition this EA can operate. But If this condition meet the pair that have concern JPY
I am writing a script to load some custom pairs and the editor does not recognize CustomTicksAdd. I would like to add ticks to be displayed in the Market Watch window - but the closest thing available seems to be CustomTicksUpdate. Where and how do I get this function?
Hello Everyone, This out right naughty,          CurrentSymbol = SymbolName(Next_Symbol,true);                 Next_Symbol++;
Hi, I a need to be able to calculate some stats on the account's closed positions but I need to know their initial 'type' (limit, stop, market) Is there a way for me to find out from the pool of closed orders which positions have initially been opened as limit, stop or market orders so I can...
Hi guys, I have following code: if (trend == "BUY" ) { ... } I have also tried StringCompare(trend, "BUY") == 0. Neither work. Can you please advise how to compare strings in mql? Cheers, Ash
Hi I'm trying to calculate senkansen A and senkansen B of the ichimoku system. I know that the Senka is the average of Kinjunsen and tenkansen shifted 26 periods ahead. Now  for the purpose of the EA all I want is the ea to buy when the current close is greater than the current  senkansen A and B....
Hi everyone, i'm thinking about following signals, i came across a signal provider whose trading history column contains a column "Commission" (see attachment) Does this come from the subscriber side? or the broker side? cheers
Hi folks, Is possible to save a template in "\Files" path instead of " \Profiles\Templates "? I'm trying ChartSaveTemplate ( 0 , "..\\..\\Files\\MyTamplate.tpl" ) and a lot of variations, but nothing works. After save that, I will check some detais inside my EA, so I will open it by FileOpen(), that
[USING GOOGLE TRANSLATOR} [contains attachment demonstrating what was said in the message below] Hello friends, I am having doubts in a part of the code of my robot. In my strategy I use the RSI and superimpose the momentum. In RSI I only use the levels and the momentum line (as per attachment), if...
Is there any console command that can compile the mq5 file? For example: "mql5 -compile ./strategy101.mq5 ./strategy101.ex5" If so, I can use other code editors such as sublime text for development by setting a build environment. The default MetaEditor cannot fold the code and it is already...
[Deleted]
Hello folks, I want my EA to only run on hedging accounts. Is this the right way to check it? // check if the account is a hedging account if ( AccountInfoInteger ( ACCOUNT_MARGIN_MODE ) != ACCOUNT_MARGIN_MODE_RETAIL_HEDGING ) { Print ( "This is not a hedging account. This EA can only be run on
I run an EA through the Strategy Analyzer and I keep getting this error: failed buy stop 1.00 EURUSD at 1.18958 tp: 1.18988 [ Invalid price ] The Ask at this moment is 1.18970 , and the Bid is 1.18938 Is there a minimum distance required to place orders? I don't understand why this BuyStop keeps
Is there a flag or any other way to determine if the EA is running in testing mode under the Strategy Analyzer?
Hi guys, I built an EA that picks up parameters for Indicators from a csv file. I tried synchronizing it to a Virtual Private Server from mql5 but iniitialization failed. Is there a way to upload files to VPS?  I ended up hardcoding a long list and that's not scalable. Does anyone know how to solve...
  Help with a Loop  (2)
hej guys ,,i need little help with my EA the idea is to open a new order when an exciting order hits TP B =OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,lot,Ask,Slippage,0,Ask+TP*pte,"",MagicNumber,0,Green); //entry orders
Can any experts give me feedback and any ideas on how i can test my ea with real world scenarios. I seem to be getting perfect charts on back testing but i need to know if there are things i may be missing.
Hi,   While running the Strategy Tester, I need to have the following info saved in a CSV file, for each order: deal no, order no, symbol, type (sell / buy), direction (in / out), price, profit (for closing order), entry condition met (RSI level on last bar). Most of them are available in the...
Hi, While I am aware of the Orders and the Deals for the history pool, I saw that MT5 on its own interface can also show the trades in the history tab 'summed' as Positions, without all the details from the deals (see pic attached) Any hint on how to do this, trying to find a way through...