Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 144

hello I have automated a strategy with *** this one presents impressive backtests but I cannot add a trailling stop. the strategy is very simple and it just buys. to trigger a purchase the last two green candles must: open = at the lowest. it would be great if we could code it in mql5 or mql4
Is there any tutorial around for an EA where I just literally I can inset my indicators code for Open trade, TP, SL, I have tried some EA builder on line, but Im still far to understand all the coding argot, so I was guessing something like this can exist. Thank you in advance
Hi, I built this bot but when i try out this bot on the strategy tester, didint work out at all, like its didnt give any signals for the oppurtinty ''Buy'' Can somebody help me to find the error? Thank you
I am unable to access for download an EA that I purchased through MQL5 in the terminal portal. When logged into the web browser the EA shows as purchased, but it is not showing up as purchased in the terminal. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated in finding out how to make the EA show up so I
Help im new to this I want to try to code any videos or guide to help me to try this new ea thing
Hey guys, I have recently signed up for Oanda MT4 and have downloaded their excel RTD, but need the Excel RTD sample file. Where can I find it? thanks
I would like MT to start EAs from previous session automatically. How can I achieve this?? When I start MT5, I usually pass account details as startup arguments. However, both accounts use different EAs. Scenario: I start MT-Account 1, then MT-Account 2, then close MT1 and start MT1. MT1 tries to
Hi, this code compiled well on both MQL4 and 5. But in mt5 the button will not pressed at all. What should I do to make button work on MT5? #include <Controls/Dialog.mqh> #include <Controls/Button.mqh> CAppDialog pannel; CButton btn; int OnInit () { pannel.Create( 0 , "panel" , 0 , 10 , 10 , 300
Hi guys, need help. all of my open position suddenly closed, there is enough funds in my account . Do you know is there any file in mt4 to record how those position was closed. E.g closed by broker, or closed manually or closed by specific EA? Many thanks in advance
Hello I'm looking for a script that meets the following condition: When the pre-set price level is reached, a pending order is automatically placed. The entrance of the pending order must be at a distance from the reached level. The distance is set via the script settings
Hi, I observe weird behavior on this method. There are cases that I can reproduce every time but also there are those which seem like random... Package version: 5.0.36 OS: Windows 10 NOTE: I have deals on every (working) day in last 30 days, so there should be a lot of deals listed. Observed
Hello, I've downloaded this indicator (support and resistance levels) here: But In my EA, I can't get any value from the 8 buffers, in DISTANCES, or LEVELS. Even with #property indicator_buffers 8 WHat Am I missing? I'm learning MQL5, so any help is welcome. Thanks for your time
In many programs (CGQ Desktop, Ninja, Sierra etc) a functionality is offered for Continuous contracts called 'Ajustment'. This does not exist in MT5. I would like to write this myself. My idea would be to modify the @DD history. Based on the data for DDM21, DDU21, DDZ21 etc. or simply by adjusting
So I just made a robot quickly to try for trading ETH/USD and I did some backtesting but the robot only trade during the week. I'm currently able to trade ETH/USD on the weekend by myself but my bot is not able to start trading during the weekend. Does anyone knows how to enable a bot to trade
Hello! Am working on an EA and I wanted to alternate orders. I have failed to make it possible. I want to check if previous trade was BUY the next trade should be it's opposite and vise versa. Help will be much appreciated folks
An experienced Algotrader recently told me that "I am in this business for many years, and I have never seen any strategy as an EA that works well for a long period without martingale"
anyone knows where to find one thank you
Good morning, colleagues, the title of my topic is deliberately provocative. The question I want to submit is this: I’m backtesting an EA on MT5 with real tick data provided by my broker IC Markets. I checked and the real tick history of the broker IC Markets is only one year. If I extend the
Hello happy people, I want to use points to set tp and sl instead of price. I intend modifying my trade tp and sl with point instead of price number inside an OBJ_EDIT. for example just like modifying a 30 point tp in an active trade and the price number is automatically set. Any help with the
I was able to make 2 options.. enum cnd{ AND= 0 , //AND OR= 1 , //OR }; input cnd Condition= AND; //Condition if (Condition==AND) { if (signal1() && signal2()) entry= true ; } else { if (signal1() || signal2()) entry= true ; } i have no idea to make multiple input
greeting to all please i want very simple code when price go up for 5 points place a buy order take profit after 20 points and stop after 15 points when price go down for 5 points place a sell order take profit after 20 points and stop after 15 points without indicator ***
Hi I wrote an ea and in that ea, I used an indicator which I bought from the market. when I want to backtest my strategy in mql5, if I check the visualization box everything is fine and works perfectly But if I don't check the visualization box ea won't work and do not open an order and it won't...
I am on a PC and want to move about 60 EAs from one MT5 terminal from one PC to the MT5 terminal of another. Is there a way to copy the EAs and also have them open and be set on all new chart windows on another much faster? The obvious solution is to copy the EAs and set them on the charts one by
[Deleted]
We've been running optimizations for some time now and noticed that Pass column started to contain floating point values instead of whole numbers representing an actual pass index. Why is it happening and what is the meaning of such value
I am looking to code my strategy in the form of an EA - I have limited knowledge with regards to coding in general and I recently started working full-time within the NHS and do not have the time to trade my strategy, hence why I am seeking help. I have found a free EA within MQL5 and I have taken
Hi guys! I have a problem with my EA code. In my code I create and delete objects many times. so when I test it , It's blinking too much. Is there a way to fix it?
Hello, is it possible to use an allready existing indicator for an expert advisor without having the sourcecode (its not a default mt5 indicator)
Hello. I'm optimizing an expert advisor. I'm optimizing a very specific parameter. However, to choose the best option to this parameter, I need to know how much is the average loss for each test. MT5 Strategy tester only display these fields: Profit Total Trades Profit factor Expected Payoff
Hi all, This is my first attempt in a very long time at writing an EA. In summary my EA should execute a Buy/Sell if the 1- and 20 EMA has crossed in the previous 10 candles and at the point when the price crosses the 200 EMA. I've done my best so far but when back testing does not pick anything up
[Deleted]
Does any one know how i can loop around all object that are hLine find the nearest line to it and declare it a zone . Like this example first picture below: And On the second picture shows how would i detect lines that are too close to each other like this example: Purpose being so i can average out