Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 137

Hi! I have a problem with brokers minimum stop level when strategy testing on MT5. I used checking with SymbolInfoInteger ( Symbol (), SYMBOL_TRADE_STOPS_LEVEL ) When testing: The brokers minimum stop level is always 120 (means e.g. EURUSD 0.00120). When real trading: The brokers minimum stop level
Hi I have come to MT5 as a requirement to trade a specific market with a specific funding house and I am trying to set up my hotkeys similar to attached Which I use with another platform. I really cannot go back to trading with a mouse it is very essential to my style and mindset that I use hotkeys
Hi everyone, I hope you are fine. I am having a hard time with the following error. I get an error cancelling an already placed pending order due to invalid stops.... 2016.05.12 06:00:00 failed cancel order #226 sell stop 1.20 EURUSD at 1.14209 sl: 1.14462 tp: 1.13653 [Invalid stops] Why am I...
Hi, recently I experienced a curious error when sending an order at market. The calling code is: Print (MagicNumber,": ID ",glCurrOp," POS: Attempting new sell operation at market"); blockOnTickAll(); if
  Sell on Market  (2)
Hi there, I have an EA that I want to sell on the market. This EA uses its own indicators which I have externally in the indicator folder. If I now want to upload the EA, I get the error that the indicators cannot be loaded. Which is clear, since these cannot be uploaded as I can only upload one
Hi anyone can please guide me how to get angle value of the trend line drawn using OBJ_TRENDBYANGLE ? I did search the forum but failed to get any article on this
Hello folks! I am a newbie and I am wondering whether is there a way to have the TP and SL automatically set at anytime we place an order on MT5 platform. I am a day trader and I would like to enter and exit quickly . Thanks a lot :)
hello traders of the world ! what is the best free EA for price action ( candlestick patterns detector ) their are many EA out there that detects the candlesticks ( engulfing , pin bar , etc ) and notifies you ( on all timeframes and all pairs ) ! what are the ones that you suggest
Hello guys, I have two different MT5 Platforms: one is for my real money account and is a version of MT5 supplied by my broker. The other one is just regular MT5 for playing around with a demo account . I have backtested one of my EAs with the exact same inputs on both these platforms and I get
  Thread safeness  (2)
Hello, Within my EA OnTimer() and OnTradeTransaction(...) have read and write access to the same array. Do I need to take care about thread safeness and if so how can I achieve it in MQL5? Thanks in advance
I'm wondering if there's a way to counter this : #define fun(X) StringFormat (X); string s = fun( "Help %s" , "Me" ); It goes too many arguments for function-like macro 'fun' 'StringFormat' - wrong parameters count which is what's supposed to happen, but how to define the macro so the second line
Hi everyone : Accord to the multi-currencies EA from here , I try to build for my own edition, everything is fine except a little problem The first chart is ok, it apply from my tester.tpl like color / indicator / zoom scale ... from the template folder, but after the first chart , all other charts
I am writing EA, i see large curve in EA Testing, anyone can understand in attach picture, now i want to what is it right? or not, any idea please
Hi, Lets say I want to write an EA to trade SMA 21 as a baseline on a daily chart, whenever the price crosses the baseline, I want to open a position. I could easily create a Boolean condition and open a position based on that: bool buyCondition = (PriceInfo[ 1 ].close > BufferMA[ 1 ]) &&
I'm wondering how i can export my EA bot, i want to send it to someone for testing before i can consider publishing to the market. So is there a way to build a test version that someone else can install on there own meta trader 5 account, like building a file that i can lay my hands on and install
I believe this is more a comment than an issue. .\MQL5\Include\Trade\Trade.mqh line 601, function PositionClosePartial() when calling it, the function does not keep the current position comment. I just added the line below before the return: m_request.comment= PositionGetString ( POSITION_COMMENT );
Hi, I am working on Partial Closing Positions (MQL5). On A Netting account, I simply open an opposite order with the right volume,and can (of course) set the trade comment (Name of the EA) like with any other trade. On a hedging account I use PostionTradePartial to partially close a position
Hi everybody, How can i draw trend line on the strategy tester chart when my running in strategy tester Thanks
Hello there, I have developed my own trading EA and am planning on running it on one of MT5's VPS. It is very important to me that even though the EA is running on a VPS, I have direct access to and an overview of the trades. My questions are: - do the trades executed on the VPS still show up in the
Hello I have downloaded an EA through the MQL5 Market and installed it in MT4. When I want to synchronize the EA to the VPS it seems that it works but in reality it did not. When I stop the VPS then I get the real reason why it failed to open orders. It shows always failed to open orders "Common
Would like to contribute to improve MT5, where do I report found bug? Tested on both MQL MT5 (build 3143) and broker's MT5 (builid 3091) and found in Test enviroment, order ticket is zero in TRADE_TRANSACTION_REQUEST msg for Pending order delete transaction. Used the same EA code in Forward_test
Hey guys! I tried searching Google for this but couldn’t find an answer unfortunately. In mql5 when copying rates with CopyRates, is the Open, High, Low and Close based on the Bid price that is used as standard? ie. The High is the highest bid price and the low is the lowest bid price? Or is the
Hi programmers, ive been trying to figure out a way of getting the number of open positions for a specific symbol in an ea for example the number of open positions in USDCHF, does anyone have an idea i'd appreciate any idea on how to start
I can't test or run expert advisor Whenever I use MathArctan2\atan2. I use Print (MathArctan2(-10,10) or atan2 (-10,10)). Btw the first parameter of this formula is y in MQL5 Refrence, but x is the first parameter in the signature of function
Goodday i Created An expect that Finds Newly Created Objects on a custom Indicator And Reports that a new object has being created on Chart But is its Doesnt Report Anything Even when the Object re created Ive Provided the example and the indicator
Hi there, Thanks for checking this out and offering your advice. My EA places orders according to levels I manually specify. I've only been using it on US share CFDs until yesterday when I used it on a AUS share CFD. It looks like the function that calculates lot size doesn't work on AUS orders as
Hi friends. I hope you are enjoying a nice day. I have an EA with an strategy, that I want it to only open positions. Of course there's rule for closing the positions in emergency situations. However, I want to be able to close the positions myself, because I'll probably be able to avoid a profit...
Hi, I'm trying to check for a buy/sell position on 2 chart indicators and then attempting to wait X bars for rest of indicators to be true. When I check the bars visually after a backtest , the trades seem to be totally not what I coded. I try to get the true condition of 2 chart indicators and then
int OnInit () { string result= "20140201" ; // The seperated strings must be ---> 2014 02 01 but the result is ---> 2014 20 20 Print ( "The date = " ,result); // ----- Seperate Year ------------------- uchar date_yearx[]={}; StringToCharArray
Is it possible to create an EA from indicator in MT5 (Indicator is also MT5) when there is no buffer but data are displayed in MT5 chart window and additionally alerts are sent to output when there is a signal from indicator ? Because I would like to see a portfolio backtest on MT5 within EA from