Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 138

Hi, I'm having issues matching up data from EA buffers to indicator data window values. The indicator I'm using is the AMA Smoothe by mladen (which is really cool). You'll see from the below window that I printed the values from a backtest into the journal window. levu should correspond to Upper
Hi, I'm trying to compare indicator values from 3 different indicators to generate a signal to place a trade. However I'm not sure to go about it. What I'm trying to do is to check for: Any 1 of the 3 indicators to become true. Store this result , Once 1 of them has become true, continue checking
How to communicate among EAs and Services and send events and pass data etc? EAs <-> Services EAs <-> EAs Services <-> Services Services <-> EAs Same EA in one chart <-> Same EA in another chart Same Service in one instance <-> Services in another instance
  Backtesting error  (10)
Hi Im looking to backtest my EA but an error appears. In the journal it says the EA was not found however I've saved it under expert advisors. Can someone please explain what I've done wrong. Thanks
test on EURUSD,H1 (netting) 2019.04.09 01:00:00 failed cancel order #21 buy limit 0.2 EURUSD at 1.12594 sl: 1.11994 tp: 1.12626 [Invalid stops] 2019.04.09 01:00:01 failed cancel order #21 buy limit 0.2 EURUSD at 1.12594 sl: 1.11994 tp: 1.12626 [Invalid stops] 2019.04.09 01:00:02 failed cancel order
in backtest, it gives me 3 positions in date Dec 2, 2019, AUDCAD, 0.01 Lot at 00:00 as shown my qustions: 1- Is this error or real values? 2- if it's error, is it because of EA, Backtest or Chart? 3- is it possible to give the same value with negative? 4- How to avoid it if it's dangerous? while my
Hi, can someone give me a hint, why I get in visual testing the data that I can see in the indicator graph but in non-visual I get different data (or worse none data). It is related to the indicator, because some indicators work in both modes and some not. Example: SSL_Channel_Chart works, but Rex
I use this code from gitub of Udemy course to order my trades. After login successfully, all methods of mt5 like symbol_info(), symbol_info_tick(), etc returns 'None' for some of symbols. In some symbols like 'AUDJPY', it returns correct values but in some cases like 'GBPCAD' it returns None. What
Hi all I developed an EA that works perfectly on every symbols except USOIL. My issues are 1) EA does not work if magic number is changed to "Zero". 2) EA works if keep default magic number "5258", but does not recognizing manually opened trades. This is very crucial as i open many trades manually I
Is it possible to use multiple indicators in the strategy tester? I am testing an expert advisor where manual orders can be opened, I want to add another indicator that I have bought in the market during the test If it is possible, how do I do it
  Reduce Ram Memory  (16   1 2)
Hi, I Have a EA that consumes 2GB of ram memory, this is a huge EA, it starts to consume this amount just when I start it and even not starting, I mean, on OnInit it starts to consume this Ram memory, is it possible reduce the consume? Thanks
Hi experts, Sorry, this might be a very basic question. I did some basic search. But, I didn’t get any step-by-step guide for this. I see one algorithm seems giving fair amount of success rate. is it possible to use that algorithm to make it automatic? What are the general steps to do this
Entry Order Program for Mt5? The current Entry Order Program has extremely limited pre-sets for Type, Volume, Stop-Loss & Take Profit. By the time I find my desired entry point and click New Order, I have to change the type from Market Execution to Pending Order, enter the Volume, Stoploss, and Take
I am trying to place XAUUSD order with Python/MetaTrader5 combination in my demo account. When "action" is mt5.TRADE_ACTION_DEAL, it is a valid market order, but I am unhappy with large slippage. So I changed the action to mt5.TRADE_ACTION_PENDING to place limit SELL order with price + DEVIATION
Hello everyone, I am pulling historical data from binance with csv and I want to create new symbols and backtest them on the strategies I wrote. If I'm not mistaken, I can't open any position and I can't get trade information because I don't upload tick data. Binance history does not share tick
Hello, I am developping an EA and sometimes when I try to buy or send, I get the error message (sometimes, the transaction is OK) : failed market sell 4.71 #TSLA sl: 42.86 [ Invalid stops ] CTrade::OrderSend: market sell 4.71 #TSLA sm: 42.86 [invalid stops] I understand than my stop loss is wrong
I want to try to put in a method switcher to the EA generated by the wizard. Indeed learning curve still lacks. //--- Creation of trailing object switch (Trailing_Method) { case 0 : CTrailingNone *trailing = new CTrailingNone; break ; case 1 : CTrailingFixedPips
[Deleted]
I am trying to backtest an EA the deals and orders are being shown but the report not showing anything, someone kindly assist. Thanks in advance
I have 2 EAs on the same chart, the magic numbers are different but one reads the floating operation of the other .. Some one can send me a code example to solve this problem? K.R Alex
Hello, I am wondering if the creation of an EA is possible without knowing the source code of an indicator
Here is the thing...I was wondering there is such thing on the market like a simple equity protector t will cut trades at certain percentage drawdown however it only applies to manual trades and most importantly is there such way that would not only cancel all running trades but forbid you from
Hi :) I need EA where i set SL only for Buy or SELL position? Could You tell me, is it possible? Mebay You know where i find this Auto SL EA
The back-testing in strategy tester closes any open trades at the end of the test period. Is there a way that we can change this setting or do something in coding to achieve that the tester does not close the open trades at the end of testing period
Hello, I am trying to input my EA into the mql5 market. My lotsize parameter is fixed as 0.01 lot size. However, it could not be validated for the market. When I try a higher fixed lotsize as 2.00 lotsize, it could be validated. I want to publish my EA with a fixed lotsize as 0.01. How can I do
  supertrend ea  (2)
hi, I have this ea installed and using on standard settings. i use ic markets to trade - the minimum lot size for us30 is 1.00. when i change the lot size in the settings from the default 0.01 to 1.0 its not picking it up and the bot will not trade. picture attached. <image deleted>
Hi, i am trying to create a script which would close a position when a specified profit is met. so far i have had zero luck at all. Currently i am using the below code to test out. I can compile it fine with 1 warning, but it doesn't work.... ( i understand that if successful this would close all
I have a solid set of MQL5 code and I finally have the ordering right but I'm getting a lot of the '10004' message for the trade result. I know that this is listed as " requote " in the manuals but what exactly does that mean? I have tried re-submitting my requoted orders and it usually results in
Hi all, I would like to test neural network targeting pattern recognition (e.g. head and shoulder) using python. Could you guide me to specific topics, I have tried searching but unable to find what i need. I am almost sure some ppl have tried this. I want to feed the code specific patterns, and
  creating an EA  (2)
Is it possible to create an EA (pips counter) based on the trend when trend is bearish and bullish
Hello everybody, I'm dealing with hundreds of series that have approximately the same % of increase in a given time, but they all differ in terms of linearity. To make it clear, I attached an image here. The blue line represents the ideal series, the green line the worst, the red line the average. I