Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 143

Hi! I have been doing some research but so far can't find an actual yes or no answer to this. I'm looking to create an EA that will work with renko bricks and can autotrade. Thanks much
Hello, Just bought a month of the MQL5 VPS service. I read the instructions and set up my charts and system options as I want them to be before migration, including all my custom indicators. When I go to migrate, the migration says it's successful and all the message in the journal say this too -
trying to change the stoploss of an order, I get the error in question and "error n 4756" i'm using a library downloaded from this site, it's called k_orders, i've changed it a bit believing i'll solve the problem but i still get the error. the library is in the attachment. p.s. I'm trying to move
High Win/Loss Ratio (high % of profit trades), High Risk/Reward Ratio (example: sl=100; tp=400), Balanced
Hi, I couldn't find any satisfying solution, so I created my own, maybe it will be useful for someone, will be glad for any feedback. Tested with online calculator on multiple pairs, and looks like it works. class PositionSizeCalculator { public : double Calculate( double risk, double
hi, in the expert advisor I am writing there are 2 sma, I would like to make sure that they are colored differently in the strategy tester because they are both red. If possible I would like to show them also when I attach the EA to the chart. there's a way? thanks
Hi all, i am a MQL5 newbe, i made my first EA. I'd like to start my EA at comouter startup (so linuxmint). I read documentation and followed this official example: https://www.metatrader5.com/en/terminal/help/start_advanced/start i changed common.ini file adding [startup] section as mentioned. But
handleHull=iCustom(_Symbol,PERIOD_CURRENT,"Hull",Hull_Period,Hull_Power,Hull_Price); slowHandleHull=iCustom(_Symbol,PERIOD_CURRENT,"Hull",Slow_Hull_Period,Slow_Hull_Power,Slow_Hull_Price); ArrayFree (hullVal); ArrayFree (slowHullVal); CopyBuffer (handleHull, 1 , 0 , 2 ,hullVal); CopyBuffer
Hello, when I press "T" I want to enter trade levels (entry, stoploss, takeprofit). At the moment I can only do it by using OBJ_TEXT. Is this also possible with a Message Box or something similar? I don't use the regular trade window because I use an automatic position calculator and I don't want to
hi Im very new mql5 **EA opens Many Trades, How to Open 1 buy & 1 sell I would like to open 1 buy & 1 sell. For some reason my EA opens many trades** **here is my code** ***
why the bool logic is returning a number when i set Percentage_greater_than a small number like 0.001 or even zero ? its so strange... and when i put this line into a bool variable i get false even though it should be definitely true: ((wick / (body + tail + wick)) >= (Percentage_greater_than / 100
I notice that my EA trades work fine but, auto-trading is not executed when there is an open drawing object pop-up window. The auto-trading only executes when closing the object pop-up window. Is this correct and, if so, is there a way to give priority to the trading signal? Thanks for helping
Hi ,Thanks for helping me figure out how to get tickets based on a specific symbol. I used loop positiontotal but if I open a position in another chart it also displays it, I want a list of chart tickets Have current symbols THIS HELP https://www.mql5.com/en/code/32739
Hi, I'm writing an EA for testing combinations of different indicators. For that I want want to have different parameter sets for each indicator. My problem is that the code is getting a bit redundant I would like to initialize the indicators based on the metadata. Parameters shal be stored in an
Hello everyone, I'm stuck with an issue and i'd appreciate your help. Usually in a normal way here it's how i'd define and read a new indicator in an EA (and that's worked fine): 1. Define the handle in OnInit() part (My Handle is an array of int because of the specific currency i): Handle[i]=
Hello, after a number of self-developed Expert advisors I find my way around using the "OnTick" function together with a number of self-programmed functions. I keep coming across the other events, like for example "on trade" or others. Even after quite some research, it is not clear for me how I
In the StrategyTester the Bilanz is now in pips how to change this? Is there still the trading cost calculation included? Thx
Can you guys help me out check if there any problem if i add a BuyStop and SellStop together or shall it be separate #include<Trade\Trade.mqh> CTrade trade; double Ask,Bid; void OnTick () { Ask= NormalizeDouble ( SymbolInfoDouble ( _Symbol , SYMBOL_ASK ), _Digits ); Bid= NormalizeDouble (
Hi All, My broker will soon offer MT5 and I'd like to take advantage of its distributed backtesting capability. At the moment I used Tick Data Suite with MT4 to get a high back testing quality as well as to set custom time offsets. As far as I know, Tick Data Suite is not built for MT5. Does anyone
Hello! I've Set The "input datetime" to my £xpert advisor but this parameter seems not to work, because the £xpert advisor is always active (Placing orders) £ven in the deactivated time. Would you help me? Thanks in advance. //+------------------------------------------------------------------+
hello everyone and thanks from now to those who will have the patience to help me. I have always used MT4 and now I have downloaded MT5 but I have a big problem. I am testing some Experts but unfortunately I have found that the results I get do not have any value as by testing the same Expert
Hi, how can I close trade if one trade not close in next 60 minutes? So not reach TP? Regards
Hi.. am trying to make a version of trailing pending order for mt5 always get order modify error mql4 working pending trailing order void TrailPendingOrders() { if(Order_Type==Stop_Order && Mode==trail){ double price; int total,totalTrades=0;//---- total=OrdersTotal();//---- bool ordmdf;
Hi I'd like to know if it would be possible for an EA or an indi with DLL activated to download a virus from the internet and then run it ? i'm kinda afraid of EAs or indis that can run shellExecute thanks jeff
Data Window does not matchup to EA values I'm getting from CopyBuffer. Sometimes it works then sometimes it gets off values. Any ideas?? int OnInit () { Trade = new CTrade(); y= 0 ; ArraySetAsSeries (EUR, true ); ArraySetAsSeries (GBP, true ); ArraySetAsSeries (AUD, true
  Setting EA  (1)
Can anyone explain the difference between TrailStart, TrailStep and TrailStop? If possible there is an example of how EA implements these features
There are two better results in the long-term EA backtesting. How to choose? High profit is better? Results 1: Settings Expert: MT5-USDJPY@M15 Symbol: USDJPY Period: M15 (1999.01.01 - 2021.01.01) Results History Quality: 98% Bars: 544239 Ticks: 256858954 Symbols: 1 Total Net Profit: 982.23 Balance
I'm looking to forward test an EA. The developer has advised a SL of 150 and a TP of 2. In the input parameters these values are 2000 and 10. Do I still insert 150 and 2 or are they multiplied up? I've messaged the developer but no response
Hello community, When making a robot, is it possible to program a robot in such a way that it can determine FIFO for positions of the same size and instrument in the same account? If, for example, I have 7 positions of the same size and instrument in one account, with seven robots on seven screens,...