How to Start with Metatrader 5 - page 35

A Few Tips for First-Time Customers

A proverbial wisdom often attributed to various famous people says: "He who makes no mistakes never makes anything." Unless you consider idleness itself a mistake, this statement is hard to argue with. But you can always analyze the past mistakes (your own and of others) to minimize the number of your future mistakes. We are going to attempt to review possible situations arising when executing jobs in the same-name service.

It will be our aim to make it as objective as possible.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Something Interesting in Financial Video March 2014

newdigital, 2014.03.11 12:33

Stock Market Tutorial - The Only Video You'll Ever Need

This is stock market how-to information

===========

A variety of integration gateways to liquidity providers and stock exchanges have recently been developed for MetaTrader 5 trading platform. Using these solutions, brokers now can greatly improve their business and enter new markets. We have decided to summarize the first integration results and make a list of already working MetaTrader 5 gateways.

Liquidity Providers (ECNs)

ECNs (Electronic Communication Networks) provide liquidity when using MetaTrader 5. We have developed gateways to the most well-known providers, and any MetaTrader 5 broker can now make use of their services:

1. Integral
  2. CitiFX Pro
  3. Hotspot FX
  4. FastMatch
  5. Currenex

Our gateways not only give access to liquidity providers but also provide maximum speed of executing operations. Moreover, these gateways are fairly simple and secure solutions allowing brokers to quickly connect to a provider and use its services.

Stock Exchanges

MetaTrader 5 has been developed as a multi-market platform. Nowadays, it can be used not only for arranging Forex trading but also for working on stock exchanges:

1. Moscow Exchange (former RTS)
  2. Singapore Mercantile Exchange (SMX)
  3. Dubai Gold and Commodities Exchange (DGCX)
  4. Global Board of Trade (GBOT)
  5. BM&FBOVESPA (Brazilian stock exchange)
  6. Ukrainian Exchange
  7. Chicago Mercantile Exchange (CME)
  8. Warsaw Stock Exchange (WSE)
  9. Australian Securities Exchange (ASX)
  10. Turkish Derivatives Exchange (TURKDEX)

MetaTrader 5 platform's versatility makes it easy to expand the brokerage business and enter new markets. For example, any Forex broker can start working on a stock exchange, as well as a stock broker can launch the platform on an exchange and then enter Forex market. In any of these cases, all MetaTrader 5 technologies and services (social, mobile and algorithmic trading, as well as the market of trading robots) retain their functionality and remain attractive to traders.

The platform's features go beyond the proposed list, and the works on integration of MetaTrader 5 with other stock exchanges and liquidity providers are currently underway. Besides, Gateway API allows brokers to develop a gateway to any system or exchange on their own. Some brokers have already done that, while the proposed interfaces have greatly simplified their work. Moreover, API allows development of a hybrid ECN engine with multiple providers. That engine will act as trading server's own ECN platform.

===========

Is there any way to scale up or down a Signal that I've subscribed to?

For example, the signal has $200K in his account, but I only have $5K in my account.

Is it possible to change the scaling of the trades, so it scales the trades as if I have $10K in my account? 

It is what I know (this question was asked many times for example) :

Can you change the ratio in which a signal is subscribed to?

angevoyageur, 2014.02.04 13:31

You have only 2 ways to act on the calculated ratio :

• Increase "% of deposit used" in Signals settings.
  • Add more capital to your account.

This is old article but it may be good to remind :

==========

New Article Publishing System at the MQL5.community

A huge contribution to the popularity of the MQL4 and MQL5 languages have made by the numerous articles, most of which were written by you - by traders and for traders. We appreciate your hard work. In addition to paying you for your articles, we are constantly thinking about how to make the process of writing simple, clear and comfortable for the authors.

We have analyzed our experience of communication with the authors of articles and found the key point - mutual understanding! Sometimes authors cannot understand why moderators criticize the design and formatting of their articles. While we, the moderators, obviously do not formulate well what we want from you.

We decided to solve this problem. As a result, the MQL5.community site has got a new article publishing system described below. In the new system, we have tried to make the whole process of article writing clear and comfortable by breaking it into several steps.

The other good article :

==============

Securing MQL5 code: Password Protection, Key Generators, Time-limits, Remote Licenses and Advanced EA License Key Encryption Techniques

Most developers need to have their code secured. This article will present a few different ways to protect MQL5 software. All examples in the article will refer to Expert Advisors but the same rules can be applied to Scripts and Indicators. The article starts with simple password protection and follows with key generators, licensing a given brokers account and time-limit protection. Then it introduces a remote license server concept. My last article on MQL5-RPC framework described Remote Procedure Calls from MetaTrader 5 to any XML-RPC server.

I will make use of this solution to provide an example of a remote license. I will also describe how to enhance this solution with base64 encoding and provide advice for PGP support to make ultra-secure protection for MQL5 Expert Advisors and Indicators. I am aware that MetaQuotes Software Corp. is providing some options for licensing the code directly from the MQL5.com Market section. This is really good for all developers and will not invalidate ideas presented in this article. Both solutions used together can only make the protection stronger and more secure against software theft.

Error 145 Trade Server Return Code

angevoyageur, 2014.03.01 14:27

Hello,

This forum is about MT5/mql5, please post your question about MT4/mql4 on mql4.com forum.

• They are more people who can answer there.
  • They are more people who can have similar problem there.
  • A forum is not only to get help but to share with the community, mql4/MT4 community isn't the same as mql5/MT5 community.

Forum trading, automatic trading systems and testing trading strategies

Note that the compiler moved inside MetaEditor, starting with build 900

Renat , 2014.03.01 10:54

We got rid of the additional components mql [64]. Dll and mql [64]. Exe, which is an external compiler languages ​​MQL4/MQL5 and plugged directly into the editor.

Thus, we decided a few problems:

1. Removed the chance of excessive zeal of some antivirus programs that respond to the false signature tread compiler
  2. Accelerated the compilation editor
  3. Remove unnecessary files from 2 delivery and program directory (later, we will remove all language translations)

Console compiler MQL4/MQL5 stayed updated with the platform MetaTrader 4/5 and is always available on the links:

DLL files are no longer needed him.

Reason: