PriceChannel Parabolic system - page 30

mr Sergey,

AFL Winner is a oscillator, it does a tick volume MA find highest/lowest value of MA in period and if it reamain in this range AFL remain in 100 or 0 zone. Parabolic channel is also a form of oscillator.

So, using 2 oscillators one only confirm other. I think that use a trend follow with oscillator can improve this system, because oscillator will only enter in trend direction, i.e. don´t buy in downtrend or sell in uptrend that generally cause a loss.

I use AFL with ADXVMA, it could be a good idea test this parabolic system with some trend following like ADXVMA or Step Average ATR MA.

ADXVMA is a very good trend following, the main problem is when market become too much flat ADXVMA flaps, pehaps mr Mladen (that create ADXVMA) can do something to fix this, like adding a step or DSL level. I add a 2 bar smooth that improve but not solve flap problem.

Congratullations for this topic and have a nice sunday !

frcardim:

mr Sergey,

AFL Winner is a oscillator, it does a tick volume MA find highest/lowest value of MA in period and if it reamain in this range AFL remain in 100 or 0 zone. Parabolic channel is also a form of oscillator.

So, using 2 oscillators one only confirm other. I think that use a trend follow with oscillator can improve this system, because oscillator will only enter in trend direction, i.e. don´t buy in downtrend or sell in uptrend that generally cause a loss.

I use AFL with ADXVMA, it could be a good idea test this parabolic system with some trend following like ADXVMA or Step Average ATR MA.

ADXVMA is a very good trend following, the main problem is when market become too much flat ADXVMA flaps, pehaps mr Mladen (that create ADXVMA) can do something to fix this, like adding a step or DSL level. I add a 2 bar smooth that improve but not solve flap problem.

Congratullations for this topic and have a nice sunday !

I found those two indicators -

----------------

Step average (atr based) - indicator for MetaTrader 5

It is using percent of ATR (Average True Range) as a filter. It is done in order to fix one of the weak points of using fixed (pips) step size : different time frames tend to have different results for fixed step size (ie: higher time frames become almost without steps and lower time frames still have those steps for same setting). Percent of ATR usage fixes that and makes it a sort of adaptive. The rest is the same: if the average does not changes for more than the required step, the value of the average remains the same. Otherwise it is changed in order to reflect the nearest value based on the required steps.

----------------

ADXVMA - indicator for MetaTrader 5

ADXVMA is one new sort of a Moving Average.

It uses modified ADX calculation for adapting Moving Average calculation. The process of adapting is so efficient that it filters out a lot of noise out of the market and produces longer periods of smooth values. That makes it useful for trending mode and for support / resistance usage too.

Hi Sergey,,

Have you found any of the two indicators that will work for MT4?

Sergey Golubev:

I found those two indicators -

----------------

----------------

online12793:

Hi Sergey,,

Have you found any of the two indicators that will work for MT4?

No, I did not find for MT4.
You can ask the author (Mladen), or go to Freelance with him for example.
Trading applications for MetaTrader 5 to order
Trading applications for MetaTrader 5 to order
  • www.mql5.com
I want an expert advisor where you combine the pause function you made me with some other things. Pause function should work with more than 2 buffers if desired (so i can put multiple arrow indis through strategy tester) -Hotkeys for Buy, Sell, Close Buys, Close Sells, Close All. Move to Breakeven and implement trailing stop (Lots to trade...

Find Metatrader broker (there are a lot of Metatrader brokers, use google to find), and open the account according to their condition on their websites.

1. The article - MQL5.community - User Memo

2. MetaTrader 5 Help - Open an Account

3. Where Do I start from?
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/212020 

4.  MetaTrader 5 Help - Trading Platform — User Manual 

5. How to make a search on the forum
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/193510 

6. MetaTrader 5 Help - Open an Account

7. Find a Server by the Broker's Name: 
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/214820

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

How to Start with Metatrader 5

Sergey Golubev, 2020.09.01 10:30

Just to remind -

----------------

Open an Account - Getting Started - MetaTrader 5 Help
Open an Account - Getting Started - MetaTrader 5 Help
  • www.metatrader5.com
Two types of accounts are available in the trading platform: demonstration (demo) and real. Demo accounts provide the opportunity to work in a training mode without real money, allowing to test a trading strategy. They feature all the same functionality as the live ones. The difference is that demo accounts can be opened without any investment...

This new indicator may be added to this system, for example:

Parabolic SAR indicator

Sergey Golubev, 2021.05.03 16:48

SAR Color Filling - indicator for MetaTrader 5

Additional style DRAW_FILLING to the iSAR indicator (Parabolic SAR, SAR).

Fixed version of PriceChannel_Signal_v2 indicator -

PriceChannel Parabolic system

Sergey Golubev, 2018.08.07 18:11

This post?
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/9660/page11#comment_421757

I fixed two indicators (changed the attachments to the fixed indicators ( Color_Parabolic_v1 indicator and PriceChannel_Signal_v2.mq5 indicator). 
Hope it works now.

PriceChannel Parabolic system by MT5

PriceChannel_Signal_v2

PriceChannel Parabolic system

Sergey Golubev, 2013.02.05 18:08

Just an explanation about how to trade (see image below):

Comments that do not relate to this topic, have been moved to "Off Topic Posts".

This is interesting EA having timefilter (Time control) in the settings.

----------------

Price Channel EA - expert for MetaTrader 5

Trading strategy: signals by the 'Price Channel' indicator, and Stop Loss - by the 'Ichimoku' indicator

Time control:

This section sets the time range for searching for trading signals. The time range is enabled through the ' Use time control ' and sets the time interval for signal search from ' Start Hour ' :: ' Start Minute ' to ' End Hour ' :: ' End Minute '. The time range can be set both within a day and with a transition every other day.

Sergey Golubev #:

Just some news - this PriceChannel Parabolic system was improved by Igorad:

• PriceChannel Signal indicator was improved: for now - we are having MTF feature, and entry and exit on the chart;
  • Color Parabolic indicator was improved too: MTF feature was added.
Color Parabolic indicator was updated here with alerts, sending emails and push-messages to your smartphone

Please find updated indicators with templates (UltraRSI - please download from codebase https://www.mql5.com/en/code/725 )

--------------

Updated 26.03.2017.
The system was updated with new indicators. Indicators and templates are attached.

Updated 07.08.2018.
Indicators were fixed( Color_Parabolic_v1 indicator and PriceChannel_Signal_v2.mq5 indicator). 

Tank you, this really was needed, much love...

Reason: