Signals : Ask & Say Anything & Everything About MQL5 Trading Signals - page 56

Hi, i had create an EA and i would like to start use it to trade. 

I found that when i close terminal it will stop function. So this is normal?

I try to put it on "Signal" for subscribe but when i fill up everything, there is an error.

Broker: "Invalid broker server" 

So what can i do now? Pls help. 

angevoyageur:

Account type (standard lot, mini lot or micro lot) doesn't influence calculation of volume.

Provider doesn't know the subscribers and can't allow them or not.

Thank you for reply.

he signal system calculate subscriber lotsize based on account balance.

Example, if provider is using micro account, trade with 0.01 lot for $1000 account balance. However subscriber is using standard account with account balance $1000 and the signal system use the account balance for lotsize calculation, in this case the subscriber will get 0.01 lotsize too. However the money management is not correct, because of different of account type, subscriber account should have balance of $100,000 to open 0.01lot. So in signal system, subscriber is actually trading with 100X higher risk than the provider trading account.

So my point is account type should take into account when calculating the execution lotsize on subscriber account. Please correct me if I understood it wrongly.

Regards,

SIM 

pip2cash:

Thank you for reply.

he signal system calculate subscriber lotsize based on account balance.

Example, if provider is using micro account, trade with 0.01 lot for $1000 account balance. However subscriber is using standard account with account balance $1000 and the signal system use the account balance for lotsize calculation, in this case the subscriber will get 0.01 lotsize too. However the money management is not correct, because of different of account type, subscriber account should have balance of $100,000 to open 0.01lot. So in signal system, subscriber is actually trading with 100X higher risk than the provider trading account.

So my point is account type should take into account when calculating the execution lotsize on subscriber account. Please correct me if I understood it wrongly.

Regards,

SIM 

Again, volume don't take account type (lot type) into the calculation. I doubt this will change, anyway you can try to make the suggestion to ServiceDesk.

If a provider trades 0.01 micro lot with $1000 and a subscriber trades also 1000$ but with standard lot, subscriber is effectivively 100x higher risk. He has to take that into account and capitalize sufficiently his account.

cypink:

Hi, i had create an EA and i would like to start use it to trade. 

I found that when i close terminal it will stop function. So this is normal?

If you go to sleep you stop trading manually . . .  is this normal ?  if you turn off your PC you also turn off your EA . . .  if you turn off MT5 your turn off your EA.

RaptorUK:
If you go to sleep you stop trading manually . . .  is this normal ?  if you turn off your PC you also turn off your EA . . .  if you turn off MT5 your turn off your EA.

Ok now i understand.

Now I try to put it on "Signal" for subscribe but when i fill up everything, there is an error.

I using Oanda 

cypink:

Ok now i understand.

Now I try to put it on "Signal" for subscribe but when i fill up everything, there is an error.

I using Oanda 

https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/591
How to Become a Signals Provider for MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5
How to Become a Signals Provider for MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5
  • MetaQuotes Software Corp.
  • www.mql5.com
Do you want to offer your trading signals and make profit? Register on MQL5.com website as a Seller and specify your trading account to offer your signals to traders.

angevoyageur:

Again, volume don't take account type (lot type) into the calculation. I doubt this will change, anyway you can try to make the suggestion to ServiceDesk.

If a provider trades 0.01 micro lot with $1000 and a subscriber trades also 1000$ but with standard lot, subscriber is effectivively 100x higher risk. He has to take that into account and capitalize sufficiently his account.

Thank you. I am clear now.  

phi.nuts:

Here you can ask anything and say everything about MQL5 Trading Signal - including signal for MetaTrader 4.

I encourage other user who may have experience and answer to reply and answer and help fellow signal user questions here.  

Are MQL5 signals providers allowed to also sell their signals in other places? Is there any fine print clause that prohibits that? Thanks a lot in advance!

laplacianlab:
Are MQL5 signals providers allowed to also sell their signals in other places? Is there any fine print clause that prohibits that? Thanks a lot in advance!

It is positively encouraged . . . Affiliates

Obviously you should abide by the rules and Terms and Conditions of any site you place links on,  otherwise you risk ruining the reputation of MetaQuotes, yourself or others than you may be the Affiliate for.

Do I need to open an MT4 terminal keep running to receive subscription signal?

Reason: