Signal copying - Lot Size

Hello,

any idea what to do if the signal provider is using a broker with 100.000 lot size and my broker is using 10.000 lot size? The trade volumes copied should be multiplied by 10 in this case to keep the pip value !?? Any solution?

Thx

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Indicator Constants / Price Constants
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Indicator Constants / Price Constants
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Indicator Constants / Price Constants - Documentation on MQL5

urademaker:

Hello,

any idea what to do if the signal provider is using a broker with 100.000 lot size and my broker is using 10.000 lot size? The trade volumes copied should be multiplied by 10 in this case to keep the pip value !?? Any solution?

Thx

Lot size don't impact trade volume. See calculation of volume.

It will make a difference if i trade 0.1 @ 100.000 lot size or 0.1 @ only 10.000...

urademaker:
It will make a difference if i trade 0.1 @ 100.000 lot size or 0.1 @ only 10.000...
Your question is about trade volume of a signal. I repeat that lot size (100.000 or 10.000 or whatever) does not intervene on the calculation of your trade volume. You have to apply calculation provided in the link.
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Indicator Constants / Price Constants - Documentation on MQL5

angevoyageur:
Your question is about trade volume of a signal. I repeat that lot size (100.000 or 10.000 or whatever) does not intervene on the calculation of your trade volume. You have to apply calculation provided in the link.
Sorry for not having been clear enough. Brokers usually use standard lot size 100.000 however some do use 10.000 as standard lot size. If I now open an order with order size 0.1 in both cases I do have different trade volumes. Signals are copying the order size only so I have different trade volumes on the provider and the subscriber side !?

urademaker:
Sorry for not having been clear enough. Brokers usually use standard lot size 100.000 however some do use 10.000 as standard lot size. If I now open an order with order size 0.1 in both cases I do have different trade volumes. Signals are copying the order size only so I have different trade volumes on the provider and the subscriber side !?

You were very clear, but apparently not me. The answer is YES.

All being equals, if provider use 0.1 lot (lot size of 100.000), subscriber also will use 0.1 lot (lotsize of 10.000).

angevoyageur:

You were very clear, but apparently not me. The answer is YES.

All being equals, if provider use 0.1 lot (lot size of 100.000), subscriber also will use 0.1 lot (lotsize of 10.000).

Great... we are getting to the point... so if provider uses 0.1 (lot size 100.000) the subscriber with lotsize 10.000 should trade 1.0 and not 0.1 to open the same trade. Any way to do this??

urademaker:
Great... we are getting to the point... so if provider uses 0.1 (lot size 100.000) the subscriber with lotsize 10.000 should trade 1.0 and not 0.1 to open the same trade. Any way to do this??
Only one, having a capital 10 times greater.

angevoyageur:
Only one, having a capital 10 times greater.
:-( thx
Reason: