Moscow Exchange launches trading in futures on shares of eight Russian companies - page 14

prostotrader #:

Which is to be expected....

I wonder what the people who bought the notes at 130-140 will do now?

Well, it's kinda like these moments to be dumped in instalments.

There is a feeling that something not good is going on at the MICEX...

1. It is taking too long to open trading in equities.

2. No September contracts on currency pairs.

3. Horseradish spreads on instruments.

4. There is almost zero market activity.

prostotrader #:

Activity in the market is almost zero.

GOLD-3.22 Expiration 17.03.2022 Only bought yesterday

gold goes down today - only short selling GOLD-6.22

(I don't play futures on exchange rates, I don't follow them)

prostotrader #:

Activity in the market is close to zero.

My guess is that they want to prevent foreigners (from a special list) from buying up our cheaper companies. They even added a clause to the standard agreement with Sberbank which specifies that the party to the agreement confirms that he is not a citizen of an unfriendly country.

https://realty.rbc.ru/news/622022ac9a794749cef84b62

Сделки с недвижимостью: что ограничили для иностранцев из ЕС и США
Сделки с недвижимостью: что ограничили для иностранцев из ЕС и США
  • Георгий Трушин
  • realty.rbc.ru
Президент Владимир Путин подписал указ о дополнительных временных мерах по обеспечению финансовой стабильности, которым на территории России вводится особый порядок приобретения недвижимости и ценных бумаг. Теперь для совершения сделки с участием иностранца надо получить разрешение правительственной комиссии по контролю за осуществлением...

prostotrader #:

1. It's taking too long to open trading in equities.

4. there is almost zero activity in the market.

After the first papers/agreements will start, and it is not immediately thought. They need a buy signal) They wait... Generally speaking, it makes sense. Time is of the essence, in terms of no trades on the exchange, and trading in near-panic conditions is toxic to the economy.

prostotrader #:

4. there is almost zero market activity.

Market makers and all the like are sitting on the fence, as it is impossible to work on what is open. Plus external banking conditions have changed for them. That's why activity is lower and spreads are horse's wages. They are switching to new tracks, looking for workarounds :)

But they are in no hurry to open, because the Central Bank and the government are not yet ready to open. They need, first of all, to eliminate all the loopholes through which non-residents will be able to buy our shares. Plus they need to prepare the means and mechanism to buy the shares after the opening of trading. Plus they need to protect themselves from the situations when they buy up the 'wrong' or 'not their own' shares at throwaway prices. They're in a heat wave right now, I think.

They're getting ready. Everything is IMHO.

prostotrader #:

Which is to be expected....

I wonder what, now, will the people who bought the funnies at 130-140 do?

And at this rate (97) was it possible to make transactions, or is it just an indicative?

Wasn't there a ban on exchange transactions, or not for everyone? (I do not follow the news)

Andrey Khatimlianskii #:

Was it possible to make transactions at this rate (97), or was it just an indicative?

Was there supposed to be a ban on exchange transactions, or not for everyone? (I do not follow the news).

It is possible to make transactions at the exchange. There is no ban. They just introduced a capping commission on buying currency (12%). There is no commission for selling.

You cannot withdraw currency either. Not through banks or ATMs. Only cash is left.

Evgeny Belyaev #:

It is possible to make transactions on the stock exchange. There is no prohibition. They just imposed a capping commission on buying currency (12%). There is no commission for selling.

You can't cash out currency either. Not through banks or ATMs. Only cash is left.

Thanks for the detailed explanation!

It turns out that the real exchange rate was 97*1.12 = 108.

And still it is not clear what to do with these virtual notes because transfer abroad is also prohibited?

Andrey Khatimlianskii #:

And still it is not clear what to do with these virtual banknotes, since transfer abroad is also prohibited?

At the moment, 5k a month can be transferred abroad through a bank.

If you have relatives abroad as an option. Keep or cash them abroad.

You may take 10k in cash out of the country.

There is no limit on the import of foreign currency. It is true that you cannot take more than 10 k nal at a time from Kazakhstan to the Russian Federation. Well, you can make two trips.

This is the last I heard, but procedures change once a week.

Reason: