Using high-frequency robots - how do brokers and DCs react? - page 6

Alexey Volchanskiy:

That is what I was talking about. There is a book when they pulled their fibre between the two American exchanges to intercept bids a millisecond earlier and sell at a paltry mark-up on the other exchange.

And then went the route of buying up old towers, here in detail https://habrahabr.ru/post/239267/

This is HFT, and here we have a God knows what kind of scalping)). By the way, they banned HFT in the states when they crashed the market a few years ago? Lazy to look...

One day it will come to that competitors will look for correlation between encrypted signals from towers and trades with "kagla" and rob poor HFT-scholars :)

Yuriy Asaulenko:

Very interesting, and probably correct. But it's not clear -" it is possible to use MT only for developing trading robot (TS) logic and testing it... No real trading of course... ".

Why would you need MT for that? To redesign it in С++/C# for another terminal?

In MT demo mode is not limited in time, unlike real exchange drives!

Olexiy Polyakov:
In MT the demo mode is not limited in time, as opposed to exchange drives of the real exchange!

Again, what is MT for when there is real on the exchange? The quotes are coming - work out your TS.

So it turns out that first you write and work out the strategy in MQL, and then you transfer it with a lot of errors to C/C# for another terminal and it is not clear how to work out the rest.

Why don't you write it for another terminal? I do not understand.

Yuriy Asaulenko:

Again, what is MT for when there is real on the exchange? The quotes are coming - work out your TS.

So in the end you are writing and working out your strategy in MQL, and then you transfer it to C/C# for another terminal with a lot of errors, and it is not clear how to develop it further.

Why don't you write it for another terminal? I do not understand something.

I do not trade on the exchange, explain one thing. If the quotes are coming, is it enough for testing the TS? Do you propose to test it on a real account or what? )))

Alexey Volchanskiy:

Hmm, I don't trade on the exchange, explain one thing. Well, the quotes are coming - is it enough for testing the TS? Do you propose to test it on the real account? )))

1 If the quotes are available and the TS for the terminal can be created, then there is no problem to withdraw the quotes. You may pull them and test. The tester, basically, is only a cycle with substitution of quotes history in TS. I do not see the problem. You may test it in MathLab (or wherever else). I've been testing in Excel and still am. I've done it in Excel and I'm still doing it.

On Real. I am testing it on real as well. I disabled order execution in TS, they are supposedly executed, and the virtual trades remain. We write everything in the database, and then analyze it.

Alexey Volchanskiy:

Hmm, I don't trade on the exchange, explain one thing. Well, the quotes are coming - is it enough for testing the TS? Do you propose to test it on the real account? )))

I don't trade robots, I trade by hand, the entries on the deals are limited, I'm not a programmer, and I don't see the point, I just need a signal indicator of the price level line, so I don't have to sit in front of the monitor a lot! For the record ... I wrote in other threads that creators of trading systems based on indicators usually do not understand the logic of entries into deals, looking for indicators that do not lag or some other grail, so ... all indicators lag, it follows only one thing, the deal can not be opened by either indicator signal .... and only a limit after the signal (but this is a separate topic for another forum thread)

Olexiy Polyakov:
so ... all indicators lag behind, it follows only one thing, the deal cannot be opened by the signal indicator in any way.... only by limiters after the signal appears (but this is a separate topic for another forum thread)

So? Do you think this is news?

I, by the way, trade hands myself, now more in options, as futures are very tedious and time consuming. But you are wrong about the Grails). The whole question is the definition of the grail). For me the grail is -8-10% per month from the contract. And it is quite realistic for manual trading as well as for automatic trading. I can do even more with manual).

Yuriy Asaulenko:

So? Do you think this is news?

I, by the way, trade hands myself, now more in options, as futures are very tedious and time consuming. But you are wrong about the Grails). The whole question is the definition of the grail). For me the grail is -8-10% per month from the contract. And it is quite realistic for manual trading as well as for automatic trading. You can make even more with your hands).

I am a scalper, for me 10% is not enough.

Olexiy Polyakov:
I'm a scalper, for me 10% is not enough
Scalper - well, 20-25%. Otherwise one can go crazy)). Although it's great there - 30-40 p, up to 5-6 deals per hour. But you'll go crazy for sure.)) I'm talking about me.) Tried it.

Yuriy Asaulenko:
Scalper - well, 20-25%. Otherwise one can go crazy)). Although, it's great there - 30-40 p, up to 5-6 deals per hour. But you'll go crazy for sure.)) I'm talking about me.) Tried it.
:) You get used to everything, and it's much better than working for your uncle. :)
Reason: