Diversifying risks - page 3

Ivan Butko:

What is the safest portfolio? What would it consist of? Surely someone has studied and published it. Here's one to preserve capital even in an apocalypse

You buy a flat with a mortgage, renovate it and rent it out. You repay the credit in 8-10 years, and after that all the profit is yours and your house, which you can sell and get back your investment, but in installments. It is a kind of piggy bank. If you decide to leave the world, then give it as an inheritance - the heirs will be happy.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

You buy a flat on a mortgage, renovate it and rent it out. You repay the loan in 8-10 years, and then all the profit is yours and your home, which you can sell and get back your investment, but in instalments. It is a kind of piggy bank. If you decide to leave the world, then give it as an inheritance - the heirs will be happy.

it's a business and a hassle, not "saving money".

Igor Makanu:
But you don't get the exact same gold you just buy and bury in your garden. If you keep it in a bank you have to pay for storage, if you keep it in an ingot at home you pay for expertise and commissions, and it turns out that instead of diversifying and trying to escape inflation you have to pay for storage.

You can open an unallocated metal account at Sberbank. I.e. "gold" in virtual form. When you open the account, the amount of virtual metal is determined as the ratio (of the invested amount in rubles/the value of the metal weight unit at the time of opening the account) and this metal weight is recorded on the account. When you close the account you get the sum in rubles calculated as the product of (amount of metal on the account x cost per unit of metal weight at the moment of deposit closure). There are accounts for gold, silver, platinum and palladium. So there is no need to bury gold in the garden).

multiplicator:
This is business and hassle, not "saving money".

Did you think it was so easy to save money? It's hard to earn it, and even harder to keep it. If we talk about increasing it, it is several times more difficult than the first two.

Here is an interesting video for novice and inexperienced investors (not traders) from top blogger Crimson Alter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRFrjzeNLvk

Maxim Romanov:

it is better then to store in major currencies, USD, EUR, CAD, GBP, CHF, JPY, NZD, AUD.

Where do you buy an Aussie? You can't even buy an Aussie at the Sberbank.

If you do, you will buy it with a spread of 4 roubles.

khorosh:

You can open an unallocated metal account at Sberbank. I.e. "gold" in virtual form. When you open the account, the amount of virtual metal is determined as the ratio (of the invested amount in rubles/the value of the metal weight unit at the time of opening the account) and this metal weight is recorded on the account. When you close the account you get the sum in rubles calculated as the product of (amount of metal on the account x cost per unit of metal weight at the moment of deposit closure). There are accounts for gold, silver, platinum and palladium. So there is no need to bury gold in the garden).

This option is interesting. Here's just not like one thing about this game. Paper gold is hundreds of times, maybe even thousands of times more than metal gold.

The Pindos passed laws five years ago to stop trading in case of a sharp drop in the dollar against the gold.

This shows that paper gold is nothing.

Evgeny Belyaev:

Where do you buy an Aussie? You can't even buy an Aussie from Sberbank.

If you do, you will buy an Aussie at a spread of 4 roubles.

I have not tried to buy them, but it is possible to find a way out if you are eager. I know that they trade currency futures on the CME.

Uladzimir Izerski:

This option is interesting. There's just one thing I don't like about this game. There is hundreds of times more paper gold, maybe even thousands of times more metal gold.

The Pindos passed laws five years ago to stop trading in case the dollar falls sharply against gold.

This shows that paper gold is nothing.

And there's nothing to stop the Sberbank from zeroing out your account if it's really a safe way to save money. As we live in a country with aBBB- rating, thesafety of savings is no higher than that rating. The rating of any company cannot be higher than that of a country, so Sber is so-so by world standards. It is possible to pick stocks of companies that are more reliable than our whole country.

Maxim Romanov:

and there is nothing stopping Sberbank from zeroing out your account if it was a really reliable way to save money. As we live in a country with aBBB- rating, thesafety of savings is no higher than that rating. The rating of any company cannot be higher than that of a country, so Sber is so-so by world standards. It is possible to pick shares of companies that are more reliable than our country.

And what if you buy real estate in different countries? (An option for the rich, of course). There, in Moscow, Munich, London, and New York. Purely theoretically. It's like it never goes down in value...

UPD

Crap, I forgot about the apocalypse. I mean, real estate can fall apart. From tsunamis, earthquakes, al-Qaeda and American tomahawks. Risk of partial loss.
Still, virtual capital looks safer.
Reason: