Your symbols and your datafeeds in Metatrader 5 - page 22

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

Haha, true... and for some reason I thought the topic was relatively new :) so we'll have to wait a decent bit longer

So maybe there's no need to wait... The essence of it all is not covered in the discussion...))

Реter Konow:
I'm still not sure what the "custom symbols" and "datafeeds" are for. Please explain in simple language. It's better with some concrete example. Otherwise, all pages of discussion are completely off-topic...

For example, you can form a synthetic from available symbols, you can generate a homemade symbol for some parameters or even with dynamic parameters in increments of one bar and see how it responds to the TS. The number of arbitrage traders will probably increase.

There are a lot of possible applications.

It says it will be possible to "write your own data sources". Sounds cool, but it's completely unclear what that means. Where to write? On what? How to write? What kind of data?

If you mean writing data for your characters, what do you need your characters for? And what does "their own" mean? Are they made up? And I have to invent ticks and bars for them myself?

Doesn't it make sense? )

Andrey Dik:

For example, we can generate synthetics from the available symbols or generate a self-made symbol using some parameters or even dynamic parameters with one bar step and see how the TS reacts to it. The number of arbitrage traders will probably increase.

There are a lot of possible applications.

By 'synthetics' do you mean a mixture of several characters? How can you mix their data? It's not a mush... And most importantly, where? In a terminal? You need special software tools. So there will be a "symbol generator" and a "symbol mixer" for better strategy testing? Do I understand the point correctly?

It's all baffling, interesting and, most importantly, mysterious.

We will wait...

P.S. thank you for your answers.

Реter Konow:

It's all baffling, interesting and, most importantly, mysterious.

We will wait...

P.S. thank you for your answers.

It's all understandable, but it's dangerous to let it out into the world :) and maybe even undesirable... Or maybe it's OK, it's hard to say...

Maxim Dmitrievsky:
It's all understandable, but it's dangerous to let it out into the public :)

If I make up a story for my symbol myself, it's like drawing $100,000,000,000 on a piece of paper and putting it in my bank account. It makes just as much sense. If a program generates the symbol's story for me, then the fictitious symbol will be as unpredictable in its behaviour to me as the real one. The question is, why do I need it? If I can pre-set the desired properties of the generated symbol, isn't that a fitting of the test results? What is the value of such a test? Well, from an objective point of view?

Реter Konow:

If I make up a story for my symbol myself, it's like drawing $100,000,000,000 on a piece of paper and putting it in my bank account. It makes just as much sense. If a program generates the symbol's story for me, then the fictitious symbol will be as unpredictable in its behaviour to me as the real one. The question is, why do I need it? If I can pre-set the desired properties of the generated symbol, isn't that a fitting of the test results? What is the value of such a test? Well, from an objective point of view?

You don't understand anything about trading as usual) You're making up some images yourself. If there are such opportunities, then you'll understand, and if not, you shouldn't even think about it.

Maxim Dmitrievsky:
You don't understand anything about trading as usual)) You're making up images yourself. If such opportunities appear, then you'll understand, if not, you don't have to think about it.

Exhaustive answer! Except that I'm not the one suggesting the imagery here)))

Maybe I really am not thinking straight. I don't deny it. But no one has explained it properly for 23 pages.

True, no one asked anyone to think here either... so you're probably right.)

Реter Konow:

Exhaustive answer! Except that I'm not the one suggesting the imagery here)))

Maybe I really am not thinking straight. I don't deny it. But no one has explained it properly for 23 pages.

True, no one asked anyone to think here either... so you're probably right.)

There's one over there who's gone for a beer for joy at the news on the first page... Looks like he's been on a three-year binge :))
Reason: