Interesting and Humour - page 643

Mischek:

Shit, are they being forced or something?

They probably want to raise the prestige of the postal service, which is now at a low ebb. Can't they try to work properly instead of slagging it off? It will boost trust and prestige of the post office.

sumkin75:
There is panic among postmen. They want to be put into private hands. That is, they want to privatise them. First-hand information (from postmen).
Of course there's panic. We'll have to work, yes. You can't go around the private sector.

sumkin75:
There is panic among postmen. They want to be put into private hands. That is, they want to privatise them. First-hand information (from postmen). They are afraid that they will cut wages and bring in gastarbeiters.
There have been rumours about their privatisation for a long time. I think it is unlikely that the post office will be privatised and there is no need. In the US and UK, postal services are public and everything works well.

i_logic:
Naturally, panic sets in. You have to work, yeah. You can't go easy on a private contractor.
Are you saying they don't work or something?

With us, it is always the staff who suffer in these kinds of changes. Those who really work. And the administrative part gets fat.

sumkin75:
Are you saying that they don't work or something?
They do, but they work so hard that it would be better if they didn't.)) Although in some places, they are understaffed. In my post office, instead of 4 people there are 2, sometimes even one. Recently, there was even a news story that post office workers refused to send mail because they have no time. Although post office officials assured us that everything was in order.)

sumkin75:
Are you saying that they don't work or something?

They do, but it's a pain in the ass. I went to our local post office in the summer, stood in a 15-minute queue at one window to get a receipt for a parcel, and then a queue for 40 minutes, of 5 people to pay this receipt. I noticed why those standing in front of me were so slow - the typist would press the computer keys once every 5 seconds. She would find one letter, press it, then another one, looking for 5 seconds. In the end I gave up, turned around and left, it was hot outdoors and it was unbearably hot indoors, I was breaking a sweat. So to this day they still send me notices in the post box, 'Come and collect your parcel'.

i_logic:
They work, but it's a pain in the ass. I went to our local post office in the summer, stood in a 15-minute queue at one window to get a receipt for a parcel, and then queued for 40 minutes, of 5 people, to pay for this receipt. I noticed why the people standing in front of me were so slow - the typist would press the keys on her computer once every 5 seconds. She would find one letter, press it and then another one, looking for 5 seconds.
They are the weakest link). I'd sacrifice them altogether.) Postmen are the strongest link. And about queues, yes, but not just at the post office. Take Sberbank, it's a mess. They can't work at all.

sumkin75:
They are the weak link). I'd sacrifice them altogether). The postmen are the strongest link. And about queues, yes, but not just at the post office. Take Sberbank, it's a mess. They can't work at all.
And, to be honest, the salaries there and there are pennies.

Mischek:

what was it

the songwriter is totally out of his head - every line contradicts logic

I don't know what's going on there now, the last time I was there about 5 years ago, the only thing I noticed is that the buildings have been renovated, they don't spoil the view around them.

I think that if it were not for pensioners, there would be no post office - people are used to paying their utility bills at the post office rather than in terminals or online

Reason: