Bashneft's prefs look like they should be taken - page 7

prostotrader:

As I was told "So there is no manipulation of the market" :)

Very, very strange statement - a monopoly on manipulation ....

By the way, what if you don't sell the shares without going out to expire, but close the futures on the expiration day and sell a new one at the current price?

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

Very, very strange statement - a monopoly on manipulation ....

By the way, what if you don't sell the shares without going out to expire, but close the futures on the expiration day and sell a new one at the current price?

It makes sense if the % for entry is acceptable, otherwise it's just freezing of funds

prostotrader:

It makes sense to do this if the entry rate is acceptable, otherwise it is just a freezing of funds.

There are people who have shares and don't want to sell them (even after privatisation). So I wonder if it makes sense for such people to just sell the futures periodically - the only question is whether such an approach would be more profitable than the gains from a rise in share prices in the long run.

Evgeny Belyaev:

Prefs are preference shares.

Yes

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

There are people who have shares and don't want to sell them (even after privatisation has been received). I wonder if it might make sense for such people to just sell periodically in futures - the only question is whether this approach would be more profitable than gains from rising share prices in the long run.

Who don't want to sell, they don't have to hedge with futures.

prostotrader:

Who don't want to sell, they don't have to hedge with futures.

The question is to get a better return than from a rise/fall...

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

The question is to get a better return than from the rise/fall...

Those who bought and do not want to sell, they bought at historical lows, e.g. I recently bought RusHydro at 0.5

so why should I sell (no lower)? the target is 1.4 + dividends and, in this case, no need to hedge with futures.

Added

Hedging with futures is mandatory when you buy a stock at any price (not the historical low)

and you wait for expiration, only in this case you will receive the income you have fixed when you enter the market,

in this case, the risks = 0! Bought - sold -->> wait for expiration --> profit is assured.

prostotrader:

Those who bought and do not want to sell, they bought at historical lows, e.g. I recently bought RusHydro at 0.5

So why should I sell (no lower)? The target is 1.4 + dividends and, in this case, no need to hedge with the futures.

Added

Hedging with futures is mandatory when you buy a stock at any price (not the historical low)

and you wait for expiration, only in this case you will receive the income you have fixed when you enter the market,

in this case, the risks = 0! Bought - sold --> wait for expiration --> profit is assured.

I think that if a person bought for a long term in order to invest and receive dividends, the potential income will be slightly ahead of inflation, while locally it may be in a drawdown for a long time.

Gazprom, for example, is a very flat stock with a large spread. And what prevents us from playing share against the buying trend, in an attempt to catch a correction?

I estimated roughly, it turns out that in increments of lot by Fibonacci we can open 8 times, at that we need in total 1.3 million rubles for shares and CS (this is before zeroing of CS in clearing)

8 incremental steps is pretty decent, and will be less most of the time, but the return on the idea should be 30% per annum. The idea is that if all the increments have been eaten and we have a loss on the futures, then we just wait until the expiration and take the interest rate delta, plus growth of BA, and then wait for the BA correction and run the algorithm again.

Of course, we need 5 such designs to make the money work better.

Unclaimed GO on futures, you can keep in OFZ or any other low-yielding asset - even in the same spread - if necessary, it is simple to cover it.

I have a technique to build such counter-trends, at least in Forex (see signals in my profile). But the problem for me is in the connection of the quote and the MT5.

What do you think?

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

But the problem for me is the connection between the quik and MT5.

What do you think?

I have reviewed all options with KVIK.

Stopped at KVIK -->>DDE-->Introduction software --> trans2quik.dll --> KVIK.

All other devices are slower.

And on EBS only KVIK

prostotrader:

I've reviewed all the KVIK options.

I settled on KVIK -->>DDE-->Introduction software --> trans2quik.dll

All other "gadgets" are slower.

And on EBS only KVIK.

Why it is impossible to make stable MT5 to Quik binding?

The main idea is to use pending orders, and to follow one-minute candlestick openings.

Reason: