Step back - page 7

IvanIvanov:
I thought you were a programmer... not me....

You are mistaken. I am a member of the forum.

Contender:

You are mistaken. I am a member of the forum.

Well sorry, my mistake, you were talking so much about the need to save some data that I thought you knew what you were talking about...

Contender:

That is, not a recalculation, but a restart followed by a recalculation. For an indicator based on opening prices, maybe, but not necessarily.

And here, please elaborate - how can a simple indicator use ticks, if it hasn't collected them before? Most indicators don't use ticks (there is no internal access to tick history in MT; the last 2000 ticks in MT5 don't count), all data is based on formed bars plus four prices of the current bar.

We pressed the button "one bar back". One bar has been erased from the chart and all indicators have recalculated their values on the existing history. What is the problem?

You are describing a special case.

If the indicator is implemented, let's say, according to the classical scheme (i.e. at any moment it can be painlessly recalculated from any depth of history), then there is no problem to implement by the proposed method. But there is also no problem to see what was there before - all you have to do is to roll back (cover) the right bars and that's it.

But it seems to me that the desire to roll back and see what was there is due to the fact that the behavior of the indicator (or Expert Advisor) is not as expected. And this may be a consequence of errors and a simple recalculation will not show what was there.

IvanIvanov:
I thought you knew what you were talking about...
Don't you think you think you know too much?

Contender:

If the indicator is implemented, let's say, according to the classical scheme (i.e. at any moment it can be painlessly recalculated from any depth of history), then there is no problem to implement by the proposed method. But there's also no problem to see what was there before - you just have to drop (cover) the right bars and that's it.

And that's not all.... :-) you will be very surprised that the picture of the indicator as it is on some bar, if it is the last one in the calculations - will be somewhat different from the indicator readings.... If you close some of the candles with a notebook...

In some terminals, there is even a button for this.... that disables the indicator's look ahead...

Contender:
Don't you think that you think too much?
No, I don't think so, I think I have a decade of experience in the field of indicators...

IvanIvanov:
It seems to me that my experience in the field of indicators is now in its second decade...
And now it seems to you again.

IvanIvanov:

And here's not all of it.... :-) you will be very surprised that the picture of the indicator as it is on a certain bar, if it is the last one in the calculation - will be slightly different from the reading of the indicator.... If you close some of the candles with a notebook...

In some terminals, there is even a button for this.... that disables the indicator's look ahead...

You're being too hasty. Reread my reply, which you quoted, about the difference in calculations "before" and "after" the recalculation.

Contender:
You are being too hasty. Reread that reply of mine you quoted again, there's a discrepancy in the calculations "before" and "after" the recalculation.

But it seems to me that the desire to roll back and see what was there is because the behaviour of the indicator (or EA) is not as expected. And this may be due to errors and a simple recalculation will not show what was there.

I think we are talking about different things, you are focusing on calculations and errors in them, while I need to see the picture, just to see the picture of how an indicator behaves in the market.

Indicator errors in calculations, if I wrote the TOR, I can see without it ... although the new feature may help with that as well, thanks for the new argument FOR this feature

...........Repeat, not enough "But also there is no problem to see what was there before - all you have to do is tuck away (cover) the right bars and that's it . " there's also a history to the future with this option.

Reason: