Requests & Ideas - page 293

mladen:
rayphua

double cci uses two cci values + the slope of the ccis (it is completely different from the regular cci) to show colors, completely different from the other cci indicators

PS: CCI can not be calculated for fractional periods. It is bars based indicator and periods must always be integer values (I see that you have changed the type of cci length to double). Please revert those to integers because that way, for example, in CCI study you can get completely unexpected and completely wrong results

Mladen,

I see what you mean about the double and integer. Changed them to integer and now the Cci Study Tape Histo and Cci Candle conforms.

Is there tape histo indicator apart from CciStudy based on the calculation/coding of the candle indicator?

Regarding the double cci, I know it's different in that it has two cci parameters; TrendCci and EntryCci. I was hoping you could code neutral zones based on only the TrendCci parameter, since the histogram is drawn only on the TrendCci parameter. The EntryCci only draws lines anyway. Kindly help, thank you Mladen.

rayphua:
Mladen,

I see what you mean about the double and integer. Changed them to integer and now the Cci Study Tape Histo and Cci Candle conforms.

Is there tape histo indicator apart from CciStudy based on the calculation/coding of the candle indicator?

Regarding the double cci, I know it's different in that it has two cci parameters; TrendCci and EntryCci. I was hoping you could code neutral zones based on only the TrendCci parameter, since the histogram is drawn only on the TrendCci parameter. The EntryCci only draws lines anyway. Kindly help, thank you Mladen.

Mladen, kindly help on the following:

Regarding the double cci, I know it's different in that it has two cci parameters; TrendCci and EntryCci. I was hoping you could code neutral zones based on only the TrendCci parameter, since the histogram is drawn only on the TrendCci parameter. The EntryCci only draws lines anyway.

Thanks!!!

rayphua:

Regarding the double cci, I know it's different in that it has two cci parameters; TrendCci and EntryCci. I was hoping you could code neutral zones based on only the TrendCci parameter, since the histogram is drawn only on the TrendCci parameter. The EntryCci only draws lines anyway.

Thanks!!!

see this part of the code of double cci :

if (TCCI > 0 && ECCI > 0) trend = 1;

if (TCCI < 0 && ECCI < 0) trend = -1;

if (TCCI > TCCI && ECCI > ECCI) trens = 1;

if (TCCI < TCCI && ECCI < ECCI) trens = -1;

if (trend== 1 && trens == 1) Upa = TCCI;

if (trend== 1 && trens ==-1) Upb = TCCI;

if (trend==-1 && trens ==-1) Dna = TCCI;

if (trend==-1 && trens == 1) Dnb = TCCI;

TCCI is trend cci and ECCI is entry CCI. So the colors depend on both cci values (not just one)

As of the "tape" : do you mean a simple histogram having constant values of 1 just changing colors?

In continuation:

high-low_activator.ex4

high-low_activator_histo.ex4

high-low_activator_bars.ex4

Mladen and Mrtools, thanks for your awesome support and have a nice Sunday !

Gfuchs:
In continuation:

high-low_activator.ex4

high-low_activator_histo.ex4

high-low_activator_bars.ex4

Mladen and Mrtools, thanks for your awesome support and have a nice Sunday !

Gfuchs

Aren't they working already?

According to metaquotes ex4 compiled with previous version of metatrader should work on these new builds

PS: checked if they are working and all are working except that, for some reason, the histo version does not work properly in multi time frame mode (although the other two work just fine in multi time frame mode). Anyway, to prevent that multi time frame problem fr the histo version, here it is recompiled with build 509 (the build of the new metatrader 4 I am using is 616 and majority still does not use so it would not work)

Tested all the 3 and all are working OK (here is an example of all 3 with default values)

high-low_activator_histo_1.ex4

mladen:
Gfuchs

"...Tested all the 3 and all are working OK (here is an example of all 3 with default values)"

high-low_activator_histo_1.ex4

Mladen, I am sorry. It must have been my morning blindness. I have seen them grayed out in the indicators folder having totally forgotten that .ex4 are always grayed out...

Thanks a lot for finding and fixing the multitimeframe error in the histo version Greetings and have a nice day!

mladen:
see this part of the code of double cci :
if (TCCI > 0 && ECCI > 0) trend = 1;

if (TCCI < 0 && ECCI < 0) trend = -1;

if (TCCI > TCCI && ECCI > ECCI) trens = 1;

if (TCCI < TCCI && ECCI < ECCI) trens = -1;

if (trend== 1 && trens == 1) Upa = TCCI;

if (trend== 1 && trens ==-1) Upb = TCCI;

if (trend==-1 && trens ==-1) Dna = TCCI;

if (trend==-1 && trens == 1) Dnb = TCCI;

TCCI is trend cci and ECCI is entry CCI. So the colors depend on both cci values (not just one)

As of the "tape" : do you mean a simple histogram having constant values of 1 just changing colors?

That is correct Mladen. I need the single histogram of constant values.

Btw, can you explain to me the differences between CCI study and the regular CCI or Woodies.

rayphua:

Thanks!!!

Here is a tape (histogram) version of the cci (it is giving exactly the same results as CCI candles and is using the same metatrader built in CCI cci_histo_mtf.mq4

Files:

rayphua:
That is correct Mladen. I need the single histogram of constant values. Btw, can you explain to me the differences between CCI study and the regular CCI or Woodies.

rayphua

I am not talking about woodies CCI (woodies CCI is a combination of 2 cci and some rules of trading that Woodie made up, so Woodies CCI is not a differnt kind of a CCI but a trading system using 2 cci values and some rules), but of commodity channel index (CCI) (the formula is described in more details here : Commodity channel index - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia )

CCI is calculated as (price - simple moving average(of that price))/deviation of that price to average. In CCI study the simple moving average can be replaced with different types of averages in order to calculate possible different variations of CCI (since sma is replaced with some other averaging / smoothing, then it is not a cci any more, but it resembles to it - only CCI that uses SMA and typical price is the "real" CCI)

Thank you Mladen. I am waiting..

mandagozu81:
Thank you Mladen,

Can i have the attached "velocity macd 2 histo indicator" as summed,unlimited & pretending to be two indicators the very same way the attached "Volty Channel Stop on jurik summed histo unlimited indicator" please?

Parameters of the velocity macd 2 histo in the inputs tab can be as always as below:

12,50,0;13,50,0;14,50,0;15,50,0;16,50,0;17,50,0;18,50,0;19,50,0
Reason: