Requests & Ideas - page 300

mandagozu81:
Mladen,

Can we have the attached AllAverages indicator as unlimited summed histo please? (the same as velocity macd summed histo unlimited indicator)

The ma line indicator has the third state where the slope changes direction colored as yellow, simply only red and green histos are fine, so don't need the yellow color in histos.

PS: The AllAverages already has 26 types of ma calculations. I downloaded the attached one more average indicator from the advanced elite section. Can you please add oma as the 27th type of ma calculation to the unlimited summed indicator?

Thank you very much for your continued support.

mandagozu8

As far as I remember we already had this kind of conversation

This was the post where I answered a question very similar to this one : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general . Please read that post again.

I will just repeat the most important part : I could right now throw together some 40-50 types of averages in one file, but then the list of parameters would be a mile long and nobody would understand which parameter would need to be used in which case, or I would have to decide to use some silly default values for some parameters and cripple all the smoothing/averages that need more than two parameters for calculation. Much better to keep the things as they are, and not to use some averages without knowing exactly how they work and what do they need in order to work properly (as it is done in the all averages)

As of making the unlimited version of that indicator : it can be done only as a two file indicator. Otherwise the AllAverages would need to be rewritten completely (the way how averages are made) and then we are back to step one

As of third state : it happens because the code is written in a way that that indicator can sometimes repaint.

Mladen,

Thank you for reminding me again you are right.

From reading your last post i came to understand that, the allaverages v3.2 indicator would be very problematic (it has unneccessary parameters, coding is difficulting to make it standalone, has the unneccessary third state and it sometimes repaints) to make unlimited summed in one file.

As i solution attempt, i found your "averages mtf & alerts indicator" which has the 19 averages types that you generally prefer to use in your averages derived indicators in the forum, which are perfectly sufficient for me.

I prefer to have a standalone indicator like the others, is it possible to do the attached averages indicator "one file" unlimited summed histo?

mladen:
mandagozu8

As far as I remember we already had this kind of conversation

This was the post where I answered a question very similar to this one : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general . Please read that post again.

I will just repeat the most important part : I could right now throw together some 40-50 types of averages in one file, but then the list of parameters would be a mile long and nobody would understand which parameter would need to be used in which case, or I would have to decide to use some silly default values for some parameters and cripple all the smoothing/averages that need more than two parameters for calculation. Much better to keep the things as they are, and not to use some averages without knowing exactly how they work and what do they need in order to work properly (as it is done in the all averages)

As of making the unlimited version of that indicator : it can be done only as a two file indicator. Otherwise the AllAverages would need to be rewritten completely (the way how averages are made) and then we are back to step one

As of third state : it happens because the code is written in a way that that indicator can sometimes repaint.

mandagozu81:
Mladen,

Thank you for reminding me again you are right.

From reading your last post i came to understand that, the allaverages v3.2 indicator would be very problematic (it has unneccessary parameters, coding is difficulting to make it standalone, has the unneccessary third state and it sometimes repaints) to make unlimited summed in one file.

As i solution attempt, i found your "averages mtf & alerts indicator" which has the 19 averages types that you generally prefer to use in your averages derived indicators in the forum, which are perfectly sufficient for me.

I prefer to have a standalone indicator like the others, is it possible to do the attached averages indicator "one file" unlimited summed histo?

mandagozu81

Yes it can be done. I assume that it should be based on the slope of the average(s)

Yes exactly Mladen, histo color change on slope change

Can it contain the shift parameter as summed and have average price & heiken price types (price types 7-15)

The input parameters may go as

For example

14,0,19,0;15,0,0,0;16,0,1,0;17,0,2,0;18,8,3,1;19,8,4,1;20,8,5,3;21,8,6,1

PS: As i said in the previous post i downloaded "one more average" from the advanced elite section which drew my attention to be a very good ma type (smooth, adaptive and responsive). Can you incorporate oma as the 20the ma type to the summed averages indicator please?

mladen:
mandagozu81 Yes it can be done. I assume that it should be based on the slope of the average(s)

mandagozu81:

Can it contain the shift parameter as summed and have average price & heiken price types (price types 7-15)

For example

PS: As i said in the previous post i downloaded "one more average" from the advanced elite section which drew my attention to be a very good ma type (smooth, adaptive and responsive). Can you incorporate oma as the 20the ma type to the summed averages indicator please?

mandagozu81

OK as far the averages are concerned

As of one more average - as you can see one more average has 2 additional parameters and that is exactly that I do not want to change in the averages indicator - to add more parameters that would be specific for just one average type. That was my idea from the sart with the averages : to have averages that need only 2 parameters - length and price, in one file and not to stuff a file with as many averages as it is possible (as I mentioned, right now I can recall at least 40-50 types when we take into account a new adaptive types that do not exist anywhere else but here on TSD)

PS: I am glad that you like the one more average. It has been a long time since it was made, but, so far, it is still one of the best averages / smoothers that are around (at least that is my opinion - even the jurik smoothing that I improved to be faster in response than the original JMA is behind oma in some cases - and knowing one major flow of jma (that its most recent results can differ very much depending on the starting point of calculation) then the choice is clear

That "property" of JMA was explained a long time ago and probably a lot of members even do not remeber it any more, so here is the link to the post wher it is explained what happens to jurik ma : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/180729/page18

mandagozu81:

For example

PS: one more question : I see that in parameters you have them arranged in groups of 4. What are those (averages require just 3 parameters - 3rd being the average type)?

My lack of attention Mladen, you are right oma can't be incorporated duly cause it has speed and adaptive: true/false paramaters, sorry for my mistake.

So you can do averages summed histo unlimited without oma then, period, price, method and shift parameters as summed.

Btw, thank you for your continued support and wish you a nice weekend..

mladen:
mandagozu81

OK as far the averages are concerned

As of one more average - as you can see one more average has 2 additional parameters and that is exactly that I do not want to change in the averages indicator - to add more parameters that would be specific for just one average type. That was my idea from the sart with the averages : to have averages that need only 2 parameters - length and price, in one file and not to stuff a file with as many averages as it is possible (as I mentioned, right now I can recall at least 40-50 types when we take into account a new adaptive types that do not exist anywhere else but here on TSD)

PS: I am glad that you like the one more average. It has been a long time since it was made, but, so far, it is still one of the best averages / smoothers that are around (at least that is my opinion - even the jurik smoothing that I improved to be faster in response than the original JMA is behind oma in some cases - and knowing one major flow of jma (that its most recent results can differ very much depending on the starting point of calculation) then the choice is clear

That "property" of JMA was explained a long time ago and probably a lot of members even do not remeber it any more, so here is the link to the post wher it is explained what happens to jurik ma : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/180729/page18

mladen:
PS: one more question : I see that in parameters you have them arranged in groups of 4. What are those (averages require just 3 parameters - 3rd being the average type)?

The 4th is the shift parameter. I want to test some mas with shift some without shift. I hope it is possible to make the shift parameter as summed. In case it is not possible i have another idea.

Hi, could you please update the attached indi Dynanic Zones Polychromatic momentum. Thanks.

kiko12:
Hi, could you please update the attached indi Dynanic Zones Polychromatic momentum. Thanks.

kiko12

Here you go : dynamic_zones_polychromatic_momentum_3.01_nmc.mq4

Reason: