Requests & Ideas - page 289

Solariz
Solariz  
mladen:
Next this one :

Mladen, still the same error...

zero divide in 'KVO smooth divergence nmc.mq4' (218,81)

Solariz
Solariz  
mladen:
rayphua

Here is the candles version too

Happy trading

Terminal crash when changing the timeframe of the indicator ?

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
Gfuchs:
Terminal crash when changing the timeframe of the indicator ?

Try it out now

It is made "strict" (it will not work on older builds of metatrader 4, only the newer builds). On the example - one hour indicator on 15 minute chart

Solariz
Solariz  
Gfuchs:
Mladen, still the same error... zero divide in 'KVO smooth divergence nmc.mq4' (218,81)

Mladen, I managed to make it run. But I had to open a fresh chart.

I checked it a couple of times, it won´t run on my old chart/template...

Isn´t that strange ??

Solariz
Solariz  
mladen:
Try it out now It is made "strict" (it will not work on older builds of metatrader 4, only the newer builds). On the example - one hour indicator on 15 minute chart

This one works. Thanks!

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
Gfuchs:
Mladen, I managed to make it run. But I had to open a fresh chart.

I checked it a couple of times, it won´t run on my old chart/template...

Isn´t that strange ??

That is a result of the stupid metaeditor

If I have the same file opened two times in the editor and when I press compile, it happens that sometimes not the one that I have changed is saved as the newest but the previous version. So, even though I made changes in code and was looking at code changes in one metaeditor window it already rewrote the file with old version and my changes of code was uselles

Download the indicator again. Now I made sure that only one source is opened and a correct version is uploaded there (checked it now). This stupid new metateditor is not worth talking about

Solariz
Solariz  
mladen:
That is a result of the stupid metaeditor

If I have the same file opened two times in the editor and when I press compile, it happens that sometimes not the one that I have changed is saved as the newest but the previous version. So, even though I made changes in code and was looking at code changes in one metaeditor window it already rewrote the file with old version and my changes of code was uselles

Download the indicator again. Now I made sure that only one source is opened and a correct version is uploaded there (checked it now). This stupid new metateditor is not worth talking about

Thanks a lot Mladen, now it works fine

ismael360
ismael360  
mladen:
that is a result of the stupid metaeditor

if i have the same file opened two times in the editor and when i press compile, it happens that sometimes not the one that i have changed is saved as the newest but the previous version. So, even though i made changes in code and was looking at code changes in one metaeditor window it already rewrote the file with old version and my changes of code was uselles

download the indicator again. Now i made sure that only one source is opened and a correct version is uploaded there (checked it now). This stupid new metateditor is not worth talking about

"stupid new metaeditor!!!"

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
ismael360:
"stupid new metaeditor!!!"

Yep

It is clearly written out when you drag the mouse over the compile icon that it "Compiles the currently open file, F7". What it does not say is that the unlucky F7 (or "compilation of the currently opened file") is, if you have any other opened files in other metaeditor windows, writting all all those files to the disk and that, in cases when you have opened multiple files in editor you have no idea what will be written to the actuall file. See the example : it keeps both as "current" version :

Or the "pearl" : try typing "bars" and you will get no autocomplete at all. You have to know the exact casing of a reserved word, function, procedure, variable, or you will get nothing. Zip. So much about the editor helping you with autocomplete. Better to turn it of than to always think "how the hell they named that ... exactly"

And these are just two cases. Things like these are all over the metaeditor and are making it one of the lowest end coding editors I have seen. Didn't they learn from visual studio (they are proudly telling that it was their row model). Metaeditor is nothing, but nothing like the visual studio code editor. And it will never be

Files:
efitor.gif 65 kb
Solariz
Solariz  
mladen:
Yep

It is clearly written out when you drag the mouse over the compile icon that it "Compiles the currently open file, F7". What it does not say is that the unlucky F7 (or "compilation of the currently opened file") is, if you have any other opened files in other metaeditor windows, writting all all those files to the disk and that, in cases when you have opened multiple files in editor you have no idea what will be written to the actuall file. See the example : it keeps both as "current" version :

Or the "pearl" : try typing "bars" and you will get no autocomplete at all. You have to know the exact casing of a reserved word, function, procedure, variable, or you will get nothing. Zip. So much about the editor helping you with autocomplete. Better to turn it of than to always think "how the hell they named that ... exactly"

And these are just two cases. Things like these are all over the metaeditor and are making it one of the lowest end coding editors I have seen. Didn't they learn from visual studio (they are proudly telling that it was their row model). Metaeditor is nothing, but nothing like the visual studio code editor. And it will never be

I agree. What is driving me crazy is that when I compile a file in metaeditor that it resets the settings of e.g. SSA indicators which I have attached to an opened chart even though I do not have the SSA indicators opened in metaeditor.

Each and every time after compiling a file I have to restore my templates in order to get back my settings.