Requests & Ideas - page 512

timmyhanke:
This indicator is the one that ive searched for all this time. the movements is beautiful . The alerts however seems to be far from what im searching for .

I backtested it and i got 20+ alerts a few minutes before the bar was about to close.

Can it be changed so that it alets when the current price touches the upper or lower band , and maybe add alerts for highlow to , just so the indicator can get the full amount of what it can do

timmyhanke

Tested it too, and it seems top be working as it is supposed to work

mladen:

timmyhanke

Tested it too, and it seems top be working as it is supposed to work

I get this kind of reslut when i backtest it , i do use a band period of 2 .

Files:
image_197833.png  135 kb

timmyhanke:
I get this kind of reslut when i backtest it , i do use a band period of 2 .

Do not set the bands too tight

In that case it first breaks down and then up. There is no way to prevent that. If you artificially cause a break on both band sides, then you are going to get those results and the code will not be able to resolve simultaneous breaks of both bands at the same time (the case that you are having with your settings).

morro:
What would happen if the phase was more than 100?

Morro, good question I've only heard of +100 and -100 being the maximum and minimum.and looking at the chart picture there seems to be no change between +100 -100 and +200 and -200.

Files:
jts_phase.png  62 kb

mladen:

Do not set the bands too tight

In that case it first breaks down and then up. There is no way to prevent that. If you artificially cause a break on both band sides, then you are going to get those results and the code will not be able to resolve simultaneous breaks of both bands at the same time (the case that you are having with your settings).

Ive backtested it in very low speed just to see if the bands contract , pull together in or before a new bar is created and it dosnt , it seems that it alerts when it shouldent be , can ma averages be added , as smoothing to maybe help the indicator to alert when it should , or maybe by adding atr to it ?

Or is it maybe that the middle line isnt centered to the bands , i dont know .

That i know is that the indicator behaves exactly as i want it to , and that is rare .

If it would behave like other indicator in how it alerts , like most of channel , bands and envelope indicators , we have a winner !

mrtools:

Morro, good question I've only heard of +100 and -100 being the maximum and minimum.and looking at the chart picture there seems to be no change between +100 -100 and +200 and -200.

thank you mrtools

timmyhanke:

Ive backtested it in very low speed just to see if the bands contract , pull together in or before a new bar is created and it dosnt , it seems that it alerts when it shouldent be , can ma averages be added , as smoothing to maybe help the indicator to alert when it should , or maybe by adding atr to it ?

Or is it maybe that the middle line isnt centered to the bands , i dont know .

That i know is that the indicator behaves exactly as i want it to , and that is rare .

If it would behave like other indicator in how it alerts , like most of channel , bands and envelope indicators , we have a winner !

The problem that i think is that it alerts on high and low . Is there a way to make it alert on current price break instead ? Because this indicator is incredible !

Hello Mladen,

Can you please make the attached Average Range indicator multi tame frame? Thank you.

Files:

mandagozu81:
Hello Mladen, Can you please make the attached Average Range indicator multi tame frame? Thank you.

mandagozu81

Try it out : average_range_mtf.mq4

Files:

mrtools:

Oguz, have this updated version with all the alerts.

xsupertrend_tape_mtf_alerts.mq4

Dear @mrtools,

I have tested that indicator. But the last three bars are changing color. What can we do to solve this problem?

Sincerely...

Reason: