Max number of indicators in indicators folder?

Hi All,

I've got a bunch of indicators in my indicators folder and I've noticed some of them are now gray and I can't select them.

Is there a max number of indicators I can have in the folder?

Thanks!

moneyline

moneyline:
Hi All,

I've got a bunch of indicators in my indicators folder and I've noticed some of them are now gray and I can't select them.

Is there a max number of indicators I can have in the folder?

Thanks!

moneyline

U can load them to the chart by using navigator (left side of application).

I think the max numbers of indicators in custom (under navigator ) is 250

thats not the reason they are grey

they are grey because they didnt complile

meaning they have errors

maybe incompatible with the version of meta4 you are running

I think lol

They are grey because there are too many for the menu to display, as was stated go to Veiw .....Mavigator, and select them from there, its easier than the list anyway

Thanks Folks,

That did it, I'm now able to use them via the navigator window. Too many of them for the list to display.

@---> Perky, I was doing my best to load your Super XO, but now it's a done deal, thanks!

Thanks!

moneyline

after certain quantity of files (or folder size) Navigator didn't show all the files

so, periodically i have to clean-up indicator folder (reduce size)

4 Example, now it works fine, i have 5.59 MB, 973 objects (about 400-450 indicators)

I got 6 custom indicators in the folder. Wish you the same.

6 - that's way too many, get read of 'em...

over about 1000 objects in MT4 indicators folder(about 500 indis), MT4 Navigator cutts-off display of indicators over the "limit"

in pict. below it cut-off list on "SilverTrend"

very simple method:

Just make in "My Documents" folder "MT4 Archive", in which create new folder "20070718" - today's date - and paste into it whole MT4 Indicators folder

___Now you have beckup - just delete indis you didn't use from MT4 Indicators folder to keep files under 1000...

pict.: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

To many indicators

I haven't been a member of this forum very long, but I keep seeing the same thing over and over. People developing systems with 5,6,7 or more indicators. There IS such thing as to many indicators. Looking at some people's methods actually made me dizzy. You can't tell one thing from another.

The problem with too many indicators in SBFX 4

Hi All,

the number of indicators in SBFX 4 is defined by the bigness of the file "mqlcache.dat" in the "StrategyBuilderFX 4\experts\indicators" folder!!!

If this file is bigger as 164 KB after compiling of all files in the "StrategyBuilderFX 4\experts\indicators" folder, the Navigator do not show all files in the indicator menu-folder.

The files are sorted alphabetical and the last indicator-files via alphabet are not listed in the menu.

If you want to compile all files in "StrategyBuilderFX 4\experts\indicators" folder to see the state of the "mqlcache.dat"-size, delete the "mqlcache.dat" file and restart SBFX 4 programm.

It takes a few minutes at the new start till compiling is done.

That applies to the "mqlcache.dat" file in "StrategyBuilderFX 4\experts" folder too!

Excuses my bad english.

Hope that i can help so.

Regards to all

Reason: