Requests & Ideas - page 295

Hi, can anyone help me with this indicator?

It is deleting all my trendlines on restarting MT4.

The indicator has a feature where it draws SL lines and these lines are deleted automatically when price passes them.

So my question is, can it be fixed that the original idea of the indicator and its SL lines is maintained without having my personal trendlines deleted all the time ?

Help is greatly appreciated as always.

candlestick_alerts.mq4

EDIT: And by the way, the indicator still seems to have an error. When attaching it to one timeframe only and then restarting MT4 then strange dots appear at the bottom of the chart.

Files:

Gfuchs:
Hi, can anyone help me with this indicator?

It is deleting all my trendlines on restarting MT4.

The indicator has a feature where it draws SL lines and these lines are deleted automatically when price passes them.

So my question is, can it be fixed that the original idea of the indicator and its SL lines is maintained without having my personal trendlines deleted all the time ?

Help is greatly appreciated as always.

candlestick_alerts.mq4

EDIT: And by the way, the indicator still seems to have an error. When attaching it to one timeframe only and then restarting MT4 then strange dots appear at the bottom of the chart.

That indicator needs a complete rewrite.

Isn't there something else that you can use instead of that one?

mladen:
That indicator needs a complete rewrite. Isn't there something else that you can use instead of that one?

Hi Mladen, thanks for your reply. Well, I haven´t found any indicator which gives the same results. I can live with the dots error when attaching it to one timeframe only, but would it be possible to fix the "deleting trendlines" issue ?

I also wouldn´t mind if you lead me to a superior candlestick indicator

rayphua:
Mladen, just tested it, works great. I made some additional changes to allow color selection of the 2 modes as my trading system requires this. hahaha worked great, my feeble attempt at programming. If the same was to be created as a candle indicator, would the buffers be enough? If buffers weren't enough, can the body and wick be coded as one to save on buffers? Ultimately, would you be able to help code it?

Mladen, dont really want to chase, sorry, please help.

rayphua:
Mladen, dont really want to chase, sorry, please help.

rayphua

When drawing candles (state), for each color we need 2 buffers. Since we have a neutral color too that repeats itself, that would make a total of 12 buffers which we do not have.

If it was made as bars, then we would need 6 drawing buffers but in that case it would need another rewrite to keep multi time framing operational and to have all working as it should (as you can see from the code, it already is using 8 buffer - the maximum that can be allocated by metatrader 4)

Gfuchs:
Hi Mladen, thanks for your reply. Well, I haven´t found any indicator which gives the same results. I can live with the dots error when attaching it to one timeframe only, but would it be possible to fix the "deleting trendlines" issue ? I also wouldn´t mind if you lead me to a superior candlestick indicator

Gfuchs

Try out this version : candlestick_alerts_1.01.mq4

mladen:
Gfuchs Try out this version : candlestick_alerts_1.01.mq4

It is not deleting my trendlines anymore Thanks Mladen !

mladen:
rayphua

When drawing candles (state), for each color we need 2 buffers. Since we have a neutral color too that repeats itself, that would make a total of 12 buffers which we do not have.

If it was made as bars, then we would need 6 drawing buffers but in that case it would need another rewrite to keep multi time framing operational and to have all working as it should (as you can see from the code, it already is using 8 buffer - the maximum that can be allocated by metatrader 4)

Ok Mladen, I'm now thinking out of the box. What if we have two indicators, one which is the regular one that does not color on slope changes in the overbought and oversold zones, and one that just colors the slope changes, and I have them overlaid over one another? Would two indicators solve the issue of the buffers?

rayphua:
Ok Mladen, I'm now thinking out of the box. What if we have two indicators, one which is the regular one that does not color on slope changes in the overbought and oversold zones, and one that just colors the slope changes, and I have them overlaid over one another? Would two indicators solve the issue of the buffers?

rayphua

Frankly I do not like the 2 indicators ideas (too much risk of it not functioning OK). Will try to come to some acceptable solution

mladen:
rayphua Frankly I do not like the 2 indicators ideas (too much risk of it not functioning OK). Will try to come to some acceptable solution

Thank you Mladen, truly appreciated.

Reason: