Requests & Ideas - page 143

Hi Traders

Two years back Mladen posted a set of indicators based on Holt double exponential smoothing here

That was really a breathe of fresh air that time)) Thanks Mladen!

So far I have found the only good use of the Holt DES trend indicator which gives an extra edge in a combination with EMA 9 (yellow) as a signal line applied as separate indicator to oscillating trend line (blue). Good signals occur when signal line crosses Holt des trend line as well as when the oscillator crosses the zero line

I'd like to request a further development of this indicator by adding MTF and alerts features and dynamic zero line with zones. Of course if there will be enough free buffers to use.

Files:

Dynamic zone Holt double exponential smoothing trend ...

werto

Here you go. Multi time frame added as well as dynamic zones (with dynamic zero line as well). Seems that the dynamic zones are adding value to it but it needs to be tested more (just my first impression - I know that in hindsight multi time frame always looks better than in real time but look at the second example of a 1 hour indicator as an example too, it is just one time frame down (30 minutes) with a small 2 bars per higher time frame). Alerts added also (I assumed that you want the alerts on zero line cross, so the alerts are on zero line crosses only in this version of the indicator)

werto:
Two years back Mladen posted a set of indicators based on Holt double exponential smoothing here

That was really a breathe of fresh air that time)) Thanks Mladen!

So far I have found the only good use of the Holt DES trend indicator which gives an extra edge in a combination with EMA 9 (yellow) as a signal line applied as separate indicator to oscillating trend line (blue). Good signals occur when signal line crosses Holt trend line as well as when the oscillator crosses the zero line

I'd like to request a further development of this indicator by adding MTF and alerts features and dynamic zero line with zones. Of course if there will be enough free buffers to use.

Awesome!

Thank you very much Mladen!

Dear Mladen,

Could you please kindly take a look at my request post #1390?

If you could just make an entry indicator based on this rules, it would be awesome:

-price breakout past the X bars high or low

-check volatility by looking Y bars.

an example: price goes from 50-100; range is 50, mean is 75. so volatility is 50/75 = 66.66%

-if volatility is more than Z%, no signal

-if volatility is less than Z%, and price breakout high, long entry signal - draw arrow

-if volatility is less than Z%, and price breakout low, long entry signal - draw arrow

Thank you very much

winer246

This is the multi time frame version histo version of Kalman filter as you requested. It still needs the "KalmanAGJW - new" in order to work normaly

Files:

Kalman mtf

HELLO MLADEN, THANKS for the great work and new indicator,its highly appreciated.

Painted Bars and Indicators

Hi mladen

Can you please post a template including all the indicators in the attached picture especially the one that paint bars? This was originally posted by mrtools in post #92 under Dynamic Zone indicators section.

Files:
dzkasesto.gif  70 kb

dbarkah

I am sure that mrtools, when he sees your post, will post the template he used on that picture. I am saying this because I can only guess his settings for each an every indicator and only he can "reconstruct" the settings he used

dbarkah:
Hi mladen Can you please post a template including all the indicators in the attached picture especially the one that paint bars? This was originally posted by mrtools in post #92 under Dynamic Zone indicators section.

dbarkah:
Hi mladen Can you please post a template including all the indicators in the attached picture especially the one that paint bars? This was originally posted by mrtools in post #92 under Dynamic Zone indicators section.

Hi Dbarkah,

Was awhile back, so not real sure which version dynamic zone indicator was the chart indicator the others have some minor changes IMO better. The paint bars use Hodrick Prescott Filter, it requires the Hodrick Prescott Filter dll file for it to work, and it recalculates. Hopefully everything you need should be in the rar file if I forgot something please let me know.

ps)for the dynamic zones indicators to work you will need the dynamic zones dll file from the first page, first post of that thread.

Files:
dz_zones.rar  44 kb
dzones.gif  47 kb

Help Please - Counted Bars problem in indicator

Hi All,

I am new to the forum and fairly new to MT4 development and am very impressed with what I've seen so far. I hope this is the right place to post this question, and I'd appreciate any help that you are able to give me.

I have developed a few indicators, and I am now struggling with the behaviour of the IndicatorCounted() function in my latest indicator.

My understanding is that the first time the indicator program is launched, IndicatorCounted() is zero, which means I can process every bar in the chart. Subsequent entries into the indicator would have IndicatorCounted() as very small value such as 1 or 2, which shows that only the latest bar (or bars) need to be processed. I have been using this method successfully so far with my indicators. The typical code I am using is as follows.

int i, limit;

int counted_bars=IndicatorCounted();

if(counted_bars>0) counted_bars--;

limit=Bars-counted_bars;

if(limit == 0) return(0);

for(i=0; i<limit; i++)

{ . . . .

However in my latest indictor ROCTrigger Indictor, I have an intermittent problem, where the IndicatorCounted() value is zero again, which implies that I need to process all of the bars again. My indicator creates various objects in the chart, and I am forced to delete them all and recreate them, as the placing of the objects is no longer accurate on the chart after I get IndicatorCounted()has the value zero again.

I feel that Metatrader shouldn’t normally behave this way, and I am at a loss to find what I have done to cause this problem.

Some background details on my indicator are as follows. The ROCTrigger indicator combines ADX details with SmoothedROC indicator (Smoothed Rate Of Change). The structure I am using is that I have a SmoothedROC Indicator which is called from ROCTrigger Indicator using the iCustom function. I also have a standard ADX indicator, which is also called from ROCTrigger Indicator using the iCustom function.

The ROCTrigger Indicator runs in a separate window to the main chart.

I usually run the ROCTrigger indicator on about 20 hourly charts. When the problems start occurring, it is usually at the start of a new hour, and one or more charts start this looping and getting IndicatorCounted() with zero value. This forces the delete all objects and recreate all objects in the ROCTrigger Indicator, and this appears to then occur at every new tick or price change, which arrives for the chart.

I have attached copies of the code. I hope it’s not too misleading with all of the Print statements, but this is the only way I know of trying to debug the logic and learn about what is actually happening.

Thanks in advance for your help

Martin

Files:
adx.mq4  4 kb
roctrigger.mq4  12 kb
Reason: