Blessing 2 - page 187

pudseybear:
I don't think it gets confused.

I closed level 8 yesterday when it retraced to near level 7, then I reset all TPs to level 7 manually, Blessing reopened limit for level 8, and continued as normal, and level 8 got hit again and it reset all TPs

But I think if this procedure could be programmed it would be really good.

Pudseybear,

I mentioned in a previous post that I do this also. I agree, if this could be programmed that would be a nice feature. My thought was a turn on/off feature whereby you could enter an amount to close the profitable trade and reset the others.

I would like to get Iron's input to see if this is feasible.

Good Luck to you.

Ajm

Togu, yes you are right, when you close last level it doesn't reset the TPs, you have to do this manually, but when Blessing reopens limit for last level it will reset the TPs to that level. Hope this makes sense.

ajm, yes I do recall you posted something on this previously, a turn on/off feature would be good. I was thinking that everytime it retraces a complete level maybe the pips could be banked and TPs reset for next level down. Though I'm not sure whether this would work with the fifo rule, I'm using UK broker so don't have a problem.

I've been stuck with eurusd on level 8 this week and had a couple of opportunities to bank some $ when it retraced to near level 7. I think I will make more use of this procedure whenever the opportunity arises. But if the programmers could help us it would be really good. One for Iron or maybe Jepm on the other Blessing thread who also does a lot of programming on different versions of Blessing.

Take care

pudseybear:
Togu, yes you are right, when you close last level it doesn't reset the TPs, you have to do this manually, but when Blessing reopens limit for last level it will reset the TPs to that level. Hope this makes sense.

ajm, yes I do recall you posted something on this previously, a turn on/off feature would be good. I was thinking that everytime it retraces a complete level maybe the pips could be banked and TPs reset for next level down. Though I'm not sure whether this would work with the fifo rule, I'm using UK broker so don't have a problem.

I've been stuck with eurusd on level 8 this week and had a couple of opportunities to bank some $ when it retraced to near level 7. I think I will make more use of this procedure whenever the opportunity arises. But if the programmers could help us it would be really good. One for Iron or maybe Jepm on the other Blessing thread who also does a lot of programming on different versions of Blessing.

Take care

Pudseybear,

Good point on the FIFO rule. You're right. I forgot about that new rule. I have IBFX as my broker. So I believe this capability would not be allowed.

I still like the idea and I'm sure others do, too.

I wish you good luck and good fortune.

Ajm

Though I pointed Fifo out as a potential problem, I just realised that I also closed out a level 8 trade on my IBFX account and it worked.

ajm864:
Pudseybear,

Good point on the FIFO rule. You're right. I forgot about that new rule. I have IBFX as my broker. So I believe this capability would not be allowed.

I still like the idea and I'm sure others do, too.

I wish you good luck and good fortune.

Ajm

pudseybear:
Though I pointed Fifo out as a potential problem, I just realised that I also closed out a level 8 trade on my IBFX account and it worked.

I don't know how IBFX does it, with regard to FIFO. Supposedly, you can't

enter simultaneous sell-stop/buy-stop orders, but I tried it and it works.

Rob

ChicagoRob:
I don't know how IBFX does it, with regard to FIFO. Supposedly, you can't

enter simultaneous sell-stop/buy-stop orders, but I tried it and it works.

Rob

Did anyone closed his trades on EUR/USD?

tp is 1.4435 - 1.4436 . it has to fall another 100p. i am tired of eurusd it has been really naughty for the last 10 days

i closed my trades. I lost quite a bit.

James666:
i closed my trades. I lost quite a bit.

what exactly happened? please tell me more about it

feline207:
tp is 1.4435 - 1.4436 . it has to fall another 100p. i am tired of eurusd it has been really naughty for the last 10 days

So it means you are close to break even? nice to hear it

Reason: