Take Profit is -- 26

Pip distance is -- 25

Progression #2

Take Profit is -- 26/1.25 = 21

Pip distance is -- 25

Progression #3

Take profit is -- 21/1.25 = 17

Pip distance is --25

Understand. but any math theory? I'll check if it's risk and profit is worth. but any way I'll have a plan to have different scales.

The math seems to work from progressions 1-4 when the multiplier is 3 we can still eek out a profit. However the EA would then have to stop dividing the take profit so as not to get into the point when it's too small to close all of the progressions in profit.

I think this money management method will make it far easier for a retracement to be hit at one of the progressions. For example on progression #3 it would be far easier to hit a take profit of 17 rather then the standard 26. Once the take profit is hit all the progressions close and we start over. This would be more likely.

This EA is very good except since the markets are not Gaussion, and are not normally distributed certain chaotic "black swan" events send this EA into blowing up your account.

What worries us about this EA is the "fat tails" the blips that are way outside the normal distribution. They don't happen often, but when they do your account is wiped out.

When I run backtests on this EA, I just measure how often the progressions reach #6 and above. That's the danger zone for this EA. If we can build a money management system that keeps this EA from having to reach that high progression then we reduce the probability that we hit a "Black swan".

I hope someone can build the Take Profit Divider into the EA. It'd be really interesting to test to see if it reduces the likelihood of the EA reaching higher and higher lot progressions.

-dgv

Martigale system need very big money to account

like 50 000 to run it 0.1 in safe.

Like newdigital say he run very small account just 5000 and amazing not yet

blow up .

I just did test of one ea 50 000 it win all it trades and make 3000 $ win

eweryday ..then i test it in 5000 account and it survive there 4 hour before

hit 100 wrong way rally and lost all.

So if you not have big enought money to behing martigale system forget it.

10p3v003

Enforcer:
I think your balance is way too low for this type of EA

My min lot was 0.01 nino 1c. If I need to have a balance of more than $540 for a $13 return in 2 months, maybe the risk/reward ratio could be better. Would you agree? Thanks.

forexjim:

What do you guys think?

I think it's only a matter of time until you get blown.

forexjim:
My min lot was 0.01 nino 1c. If I need to have a balance of more than $540 for a $13 return in 2 months, maybe the risk/reward ratio could be better. Would you agree? Thanks.

You need money to make money especially with this EA, simple as that.

forexmoments is right, you can get your account blown at any moment.

I don't have the guts to use my ea on live, even tests are good, due to big DD

see test report

Dd

Enforcer:
You need money to make money especially with this EA, simple as that.

forexmoments is right, you can get your account blown at any moment.

I don't have the guts to use my ea on live, even tests are good, due to big DD

see test report

Hi Enforcer,

Except for the relative DD of 38558, your EA result looks beautiful. Are there variables that we can play with to possibly get the DD lower? Would you mind posting your EA so that we can backtest different variable settings to see if the DD can be lowered to a tolerable level?

Thank you.

forexjim

forexjim:
Below are the closing posts of my live and demo comparison using 10p3v003.

Results:

1. live account is more risky and makes less;

2. 10p3v003 most of the time is out of market but live account on 4/8/08 came close to crash: half balance in margin and about half in floating loss, only about $10 free margin left. This time it did come back but the risk/profit ratio was not attractive: for 2 months I made $13 or so but risked $540.

What do you guys think?

forexjim

Please discontinue. We have a lot of work to do for now, atleast the indicator is useless as everybody said.

Regards

David

davidke20:
Please discontinue. We have a lot of work to do for now, atleast the indicator is useless as everybody said.

Regards

David

Advice received. Thanks. David. -forexjim

forexjim:
Hi Enforcer,

Except for the relative DD of 38558, your EA result looks beautiful. Are there variables that we can play with to possibly get the DD lower? Would you mind posting your EA so that we can backtest different variable settings to see if the DD can be lowered to a tolerable level?

Thank you.

forexjim

That DD was from end of 2007, in 2008 max DD is 48%. I will make a separate thread for this, not here, I posted as example about what I do not use and why.

For now I need to clean up the code, is a total mess, still have some bugs..

Enforcer:
That DD was from end of 2007, in 2008 max DD is 48%. I will make a separate thread for this, not here, I posted as example about what I do not use and why. For now I need to clean up the code, is a total mess, still have some bugs..

Please let us know the new thread when set up so that we can backtest. Thanks. -forexjim

Reason: