Any good expert advisors available for free?

Any good expert advisors available for free?

Just need something to compare my prototype with.

Try the code-base, sort by Rating.

I've already tried some of them, but they show ~1 profit factor on backtesting. It looks nearly useless to me.

Then it probably makes your prototype look really good?

I hope so, but cannot trust my feelings. Greed consumes my mind, ahaha.

if it is good, it will not be free.

I advice you to get a good system and hire a coder to help you trade

if its good, it wouldn't be available (free/sale) :) my opinion.

And let's also put it otherwise. If your prototype that you're testing is any good ( you must have a fair opinion about it right now) would you post it for free any where on the web? (this being unless you have 15 other good EAs and you're showoffing, which I also doubt, as probably if u had that much money, you'd be chilling somewhere with hot sun, hot chicks and cold mojito in your hands, showing off other stuff).

Be honest with yourself,

-have you optimized your system to the limit?

-are you comfortable with the drawdown? (very important)

-are you aware of the tester limitations?

-is there room for higher spread (could sometimes even be as high as 40 pips), swap costs, slippage and the system would still be profitable?

-are you using any kind of game strategy (aka martingale or similar)

At last i suggest to search the forum for topics regarding statistical analysis of results. There are some very good topics on this issue.

I just had a hope, that some of these free EAs can be good enough to win in strategy tester, but not good enough for the real world (because of slipped prices, missed trades, etc). But it seems they are not better than "50% wins, 50% losses" even in strategy tester :)

>-is there room for higher spread (could sometimes even be as high as 40 pips), swap costs, slippage and the system would still be profitable?

Ah yes, this is very important. I'm not sure I understand fully, when and how spread can change.

>-are you using any kind of game strategy (aka martingale or similar)

No, of course :)

>At last i suggest to search the forum for topics regarding statistical analysis of results. There are some very good topics on this issue

Do you have any in your mind? :)

Reason: