Jurik TrendStrength Ea - page 11

Hi Mr Tools,

Great. Appreciate it. I do have some ideas. Just allow me to spend time to collect my thoughts and provide my input tomorrow.

Hi Mr Tools,

For the new trend strength EA, I'd like to add the following:

1) Add a forced order close after an order is open for certain period of time. And a forced wait period before new trade can be opened if the previous order close is open time forced.

2) Add an exitmode based on change of kst slope.

3) v1.2 allows different timeframe for LT and ST kst. However, codes of your kst indicator show that, you used fixed parameters for calculation. For short term, you used parameters based on d1 timeframe, for intermediate, you used parameters for w, for long term, you used paramters for mn. Martin Pring's article shows that, for long term, you can use both w and mn timeframe, with different parameters for them. In my opinion, as we use the signal based on closed bar, mn might be too slow for our purpose. I'd like to add an option of w1 for kst long term in the indicator.

Noticed some difference between your version of kst and kst_v1 on mn tf. Please see attached. The uper one is kst_v1. The lower one is yours.

Thanks.

Files:
two_kst.jpg  106 kb

pooh123:
Hi Mr Tools,

For the new trend strength EA, I'd like to add the following:

1) Add a forced order close after an order is open for certain period of time. And a forced wait period before new trade can be opened if the previous order close is open time forced.

2) Add an exitmode based on change of kst slope.

3) v1.2 allows different timeframe for LT and ST kst. However, codes of your kst indicator show that, you used fixed parameters for calculation. For short term, you used parameters based on d1 timeframe, for intermediate, you used parameters for w, for long term, you used paramters for mn. Martin Pring's article shows that, for long term, you can use both w and mn timeframe, with different parameters for them. In my opinion, as we use the signal based on closed bar, mn might be too slow for our purpose. I'd like to add an option of w1 for kst long term in the indicator.

Noticed some difference between your version of kst and kst_v1 on mn tf. Please see attached. The uper one is kst_v1. The lower one is yours.

Thanks.

Hi Pooh,

Your suggestions sound no problem to do. Are there exits you think need not be there? Think any of the indicators can be removed or replaced? Also there are some new trend strength indicators in elite section, what do you all think about replacing the jurik trend strength with one of those? About the kst indicator, i found it in elite section and considering the author:) i would go with it but that just my opinion, if you all prefer the other, can go with it, doesn't really matter.

Hi Mr Tools,

As for exit modes, I only found that, with current versions, exitmode=0 is what I'm most confortable with. The downside is that it leaves some orders hanging there forever. The other exit modes seem to be less profitable than the 0 one.

As for the other trend strength indicators, I haven't played with them long enough to be able to say anything.

mrtools:
BTW Peekaboo, Pooh and Newdigital since you all are the main testers, have decided to completely redo TrendStrength Ea if you all could please help decide what, you all want to keep or do away with, there's a lot of possibilities for trailing stops, can do partial close,psar trail,etc. and let me know, here on this thread, all and any ideas welcome.

Hi MrTools,

Some of the things that I would like to see in the new version of the EA is the implementation of the trailing stop that you had in version 2.5. In the testing that I have done it seemed to keep the trade going for the long trends and maybe an option to close the trade when it detects a change in direction (I don't know if it is a good idea to also be able to open a trade in the opposite direction when this change has been detected ?)

I would also like to have the stop loss applied as soon as the order has been placed.

With regards to the other trend indicators, it would be interesting to test them against Jurik to see see how they perform. Maybe you could have a setting that allows you to choose which trend indicator you want to use. Would there be any benefit of using a combination of trend indicators. i.e only enter the trade if two of the trend indicators agree with each other ?

Peekaboo

Hi Peekaboo,

Thanks for the input, the different entries are no problem, and trailing stop will add,been meaning to add that Jurik trend strength indicator is basically a rsx (rsx is the dashed center) wonder if it would just be better to use rsx slope, might be just a little bit quicker on the entries.Anyway if you or Pooh or anyone else have nothing else to add will start on it, want to get it right so may take a bit want to make sure all changes are working right.

Mr. Tools:

Any updates on the new EA?

thorcmt:
Mr. Tools: Any updates on the new EA?

Hi Thorcmt,

Only update i have is its close to being done, hoping in a couple of weeks to be posting it.

Another update working on adding a couple of market condition functions in the Ea, something similar to what was talked about in Ea switcher thread, probably Ichimoku,Absolute Strength Market,and Kst each being separate or together, now have a problem with one of my teeth affecting me all last week and too "chicken" to go to the dentist, but the way it is hurting think the chicken may lose, anyway will continue with it shortly.

Hi MrTools,

I was wondering how the development of the new EA was going?

Regards

Peekaboo

Reason: