Elite indicators :) - page 539

Ccfp on offline charts

Hello Mladen,

I have tried to use the ccfp 1.02 indicator that you have modified in the elite section on offline generated time frames like m3 m8 and renko. Found out that it doesnt work on offline timeframes. I think i remember reading another person mentioning this and you have said that ccfp uses 2 timeframes in its algorithm and this causes it not to appear on offline charts. There is fast ma and slow ma. I want to try to circumwent this problem and request a coder friend of mine to force it to work in offline charts.

Before that i want to ask you. Is the fast ma, ma applied on the prices of the current time frame on which the indi attached? Then what is the slow ma? One timeframe bigger or the average of the 2 bigger timeframes? Is there a way to know what the timeframes for the fast and slow ma are looking at the code? And moreover is it possible to recode it to have a different but similar logic of math to make the ccfp indi work on offline charts? Waiting for your answer. Thank you!

mandagozu81

It can not work on any kind of offline charts. It is meant to be used on regular charts with all the regular time frames available for the symbol. It can use up to 9 time frames depending on the time frame of the chart (on a 1 minute chart it will use 9 time frames, on a 5 minute chart it will use 8 time frames, ... and so on)

As of fast and slow ma : they are both applied to all the time frames used in calculation and then a sort of a "ratio" is calculated (fast ma/slow ma -1) that is then used in further calculation/accumulation

And since it is using a set of other symbols too, I think it answers to your question : each and every symbol should have the offline chart generated in order to have some at least meaningful result (but I am not sure how meaningful would that combination of offline chart be since the would not have a normal time relation)

mandagozu81:
Hello Mladen,

I have tried to use the ccfp 1.02 indicator that you have modified in the elite section on offline generated time frames like m3 m8 and renko. Found out that it doesnt work on offline timeframes. I think i remember reading another person mentioning this and you have said that ccfp uses 2 timeframes in its algorithm and this causes it not to appear on offline charts. There is fast ma and slow ma. I want to try to circumwent this problem and request a coder friend of mine to force it to work in offline charts.

Before that i want to ask you. Is the fast ma, ma applied on the prices of the current time frame on which the indi attached? Then what is the slow ma? One timeframe bigger or the average of the 2 bigger timeframes? Is there a way to know what the timeframes for the fast and slow ma are looking at the code? And moreover is it possible to recode it to have a different but similar logic of math to make the ccfp indi work on offline charts? Waiting for your answer. Thank you!

mladen:
airquest

As far as I see it uses average true range for pivots calculation and it was the problem (this line :

double atr = iATR(NULL,PERIOD_D1,ATRDays,i)/2.0;

calculates daily atr but uses current time frame index (the "i"). Made some changes and you will notice that it does not change value now when changing time frames (values on different time frames are now the same)

PS: right now not aware how and who actually made this version

Hello all, I'm sharing this for fun, not sure it's worth it.

I've made some modifications on this indicator modified by Mladen (https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general) to plot pivots points based on ATR and set to Fibo numbers. The result is pretty cool. With my poor coding skills, I didn't know how to make it in one indicator, so there are 4. One of each draws two levels. So the four are open +/- 38.2, 61.8, 100, 138.2, 161.8, 200, 261.8, 423.6.

The result looks a bit like Atr Open Indent for MT5 from this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/181297/page22.

This is multi timeframe on balance volume slope divergence, the slope divergence is actually linear regression.

Files:

Shifted indicators

Dear coders, I've got a question. Is it possible to shift an indicator like MAs ?

What to put in the code if it's not too complicated to do it by ourselves ?

Could I have an example with the stochastic oscillator ?

Thanks a lot.

airquest:
Hello all, I'm sharing this for fun, not sure it's worth it.

I've made some modifications on this indicator modified by Mladen (https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general) to plot pivots points based on ATR and set to Fibo numbers. The result is pretty cool. With my poor coding skills, I didn't know how to make it in one indicator, so there are 4. One of each draws two levels. So the four are open +/- 38.2, 61.8, 100, 138.2, 161.8, 200, 261.8, 423.6.

The result looks a bit like Atr Open Indent for MT5 from this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/181297/page22.

Mladen, can you combine it in one indicator? Btw. good idea Airquest.

Thank you in advance.

It needs to be rewritten to use objects instead of buffers for that purpose (since there is already 8 buffers used and the total buffers used in the combined one would by far exceed 8 drawing buffers), but yes, it can be done. It will take some time, but will be done

altoronto:
Mladen, can you combine it in one indicator? Btw. good idea Airquest. Thank you in advance.

mladen:
It needs to be rewritten to use objects instead of buffers for that purpose (since there is already 8 buffers used and the total buffers used in the combined one would by far exceed 8 drawing buffers), but yes, it can be done. It will take some time, but will be done

OK, cool. No rush. Have nice weekend.

mrtools:
This is multi timeframe on balance volume slope divergence, the slope divergence is actually linear regression.

MrTools, is it possible to make channel on OBV2 when they are at least 6 consecutive bars on Ichimoku Kinko Hyo indicator where the Kijun_Sen line (the blue line) is absolutely flat? The channel should continue as long as the Kijun_Sen line is flat.

altoronto:
MrTools, is it possible to make channel on OBV2 when they are at least 6 consecutive bars on Ichimoku Kinko Hyo indicator where the Kijun_Sen line (the blue line) is absolutely flat? The channel should continue as long as the Kijun_Sen line is flat.

When MrTools is MIA, maybe is time to ask Mladen if he can take a look,

Thank you guys.

Reason: