Elite indicators :) - page 536

Averages bands + fibo

airquest

Here you go Added the usual 18 types of averages we are using (they are described in parameters, so not going to list them in this post too)

airquest:
Anyone have or can make this indi using other MAs (like smoothed and simple MA) ?

Thanks a lot.

bandsfibo_true_2.mq4

mladen:
airquest

Here you go Added the usual 18 types of averages we are using (they are described in parameters, so not going to list them in this post too)

Mladen, you are a genius. God bless you.

Differences between TD&FI and FI

Dear Mladen,

I would like to ask you a question about your indicator Trend Direction & Force Index.

I'd like to understand the difference between it and the regular Force Index indicator. As I have noticed (see screenshot below), the zero crosses and the spikes are not quite the same, even when the smoothing is set to "1", so with no smoothing. First ones are delayed or don't appear at the same time, second ones have different amplitudes.

I am concerned about this, because I'd love to see what a smoothed regular Force Index looks like on a chart.

I have guessed, but am not sure at all, that this has to do with a filter around the zero line, to filter the oscillations around it. If it so, I think it would be nice to be able to modifiy the settings of this filter.

Thank you very much for your explanation.

Files:
force_index.gif  43 kb

airquest

Those are completely different indicators. Trend direction & force index is (as far as I know) an original indicator by Piotr Wojdylo (he made it for metastock, I converted it to metatrader and added some things in our metatrader version, but the formula used is the original Piotr Wojdylo formula) so those 2 indicator should be treated as completely different indicators

airquest:
Dear Mladen,

I would like to ask you a question about your indicator Trend Direction & Force Index.

I'd like to understand the difference between it and the regular Force Index indicator. As I have noticed (see screenshot below), the zero crosses and the spikes are not quite the same, even when the smoothing is set to "1", so with no smoothing. First ones are delayed or don't appear at the same time, second ones have different amplitudes.

I am concerned about this, because I'd love to see what a smoothed regular Force Index looks like on a chart.

I have guessed, but am not sure at all, that this has to do with a filter around the zero line, to filter the oscillations around it. If it so, I think it would be nice to be able to modifiy the settings of this filter.

Thank you very much for your explanation.

Smoothed Force Index

mladen:
airquest Those are completely different indicators. Trend direction & force index is (as far as I know) an original indicator by Piotr Wojdylo (he made it for metastock, I converted it to metatrader and added some things in our metatrader version, but the formula used is the original Piotr Wojdylo formula) so those 2 indicator should be treated as completely different indicators

Thank you very much, I understand better now.

So I would have a request for a Smoothed Force Index indicator (with custom smoothing period), if it's possible and if you think it is worth to try out.

I've looked for one over the web, but without success.

Thanks again.

airquest

Sorry, I do not understand the question. Could you explain more?

airquest:
Thank you very much, I understand better now.

So I would have a request for a Smoothed Force Index indicator (with custom smoothing period), if it's possible and if you think it is worth to try out.

I've looked for one over the web, but without success.

Thanks again.

mladen:
airquest Sorry, I do not understand the question. Could you explain more?

I mean : is it possible to smooth the regular Force Index indicator the way for example this one is smoothed : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general, to avoid false signals and have a better view.

Thanks.

airquest:
I mean : is it possible to smooth the regular Force Index indicator the way for example this one is smoothed : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general, to avoid false signals and have a better view. Thanks.

Airquest there is a smoothed histo version here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

mrtools:
Airquest there is a smoothed histo version here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

Thank you MrTools,

I have a couple of questions about this indicator.

- What are the settings ForcePhase and ForceDouble for ?

- Can you modify it so that we can choose between simple, exponential, smoothed and LW method like the original force index indicator ? From what I've seen, it is set by default on exponential method, is that right ?

- Can you also add a setting to be able to customize the period/length of smoothing ?

mrtools:
Airquest for the first question that force guess you can say more of a pure jurik force the ForcePhase and ForceDouble are simply the Phase and Double used in jurik smoothing, the phase really can't explain very well but the Double to me means twice the speed to try and cut down on lag introduced by the smoothing, in a lot of cases its just too fast using double = true. This version is using regular force where you can choose which ma to use like the original, and now you can control the amount of jurik smoothing you want using smooth length,smooth phase,or smooth double

Thank you so much MrTools. This is fantastic.

Reason: