Requests & Ideas - page 274

I know how to use this, but I'm doing some MTF studies with Custom EA and would like to reference H2 during M5. So that is my actually the issue but if you have another idea I'm all ears. Was trying to some :

[ iBarShift(NULL,Period(),iTime(NULL,H1,iBarShift(NULL,H1,Time)+1) ] type calcs but finding the correct start bar is getting complicated.

mladen:
Walter Just an idea : did you try using the period converter to generate offline charts for any time frame and then applying any indicator in that offline chart?

Walter Fordham:
I know how to use this, but I'm doing some MTF studies with Custom EA and would like to reference H2 during M5. So that is my actually the issue but if you have another idea I'm all ears. Was trying to some : [ iBarShift(NULL,Period(),iTime(NULL,H1,iBarShift(NULL,H1,Time)+1) ] type calcs but finding the correct start bar is getting complicated.

Perfect solution would be to have the desired custom time frame generated as an offline chart and then, with minimal changes to mtf indicator, using it as any other time frame. I am not sure if period converter is doing it run-time so I have to check it first.

Wow, I never realized that you could access a offline chart from another online chart. Have you tried this with backtesting before?

Anyway this looks like the perfect solution.

mladen:
Perfect solution would be to have the desired custom time frame generated as an offline chart and then, with minimal changes to mtf indicator, using it as any other time frame. I am not sure if period converter is doing it run-time so I have to check it first.

mladen:
rayphua Will see what solution can be used to make it that way

Hi Mladen

Checking to see if you have any breakthrough with this yet. Thanks.

Raymond

Hello

I want to know if it is possible to take the chart below to the regular chart - Foreign Exchange Live Charts - FXstreet.com

See the candle on the chart, I also want to make an effective expression of it on the sub_indicator as “chg” is changing its color to green or red.

My idea is that it would be better to have “0” as a reference so when the value of “chg” is larger than 0 it is green and lower than 0 it is red. Sometimes the chart on the link is not showing the data in real time I guess it is the problem of compatibility in java. At times the data is not reflected in real time but just stop for a while, and you move to the website again then you find things being changed a lot compared to the previous one. If it is not problem of java, it is the real problem.

I am not sure whether there is a better solution, personally I have idea like below.

The picture below is showing the changes of “chg”. It also requires MTF function.

Taking a previous bar as a reference, when the “chg” changes its color from red to green its value is larger than 0. Therefore it shows a green bar like the picture and the bottom of the candle shows a green arrow. Likewise with the same reference, when the “chg” changes its color from green to red, its value is smaller than 0. As you see in the picture it shows a red bar and the top of the candle shows a red arrow.

P.S. It is freezing cold out there. I would like you to take care in the cold weather. And happy new year.

Files:
pic01.png  21 kb

davidoh:
Hello

I want to know if it is possible to take the chart below to the regular chart - Foreign Exchange Live Charts - FXstreet.com

See the candle on the chart, I also want to make an effective expression of it on the sub_indicator as “chg” is changing its color to green or red.

My idea is that it would be better to have “0” as a reference so when the value of “chg” is larger than 0 it is green and lower than 0 it is red. Sometimes the chart on the link is not showing the data in real time I guess it is the problem of compatibility in java. At times the data is not reflected in real time but just stop for a while, and you move to the website again then you find things being changed a lot compared to the previous one. If it is not problem of java, it is the real problem.

I am not sure whether there is a better solution, personally I have idea like below.

The picture below is showing the changes of “chg”. It also requires MTF function.

Taking a previous bar as a reference, when the “chg” changes its color from red to green its value is larger than 0. Therefore it shows a green bar like the picture and the bottom of the candle shows a green arrow. Likewise with the same reference, when the “chg” changes its color from green to red, its value is smaller than 0. As you see in the picture it shows a red bar and the top of the candle shows a red arrow.

P.S. It is freezing cold out there. I would like you to take care in the cold weather. And happy new year.

davidoh

I am afraid I do not understand. What does the "if it is possible to take the chart below to the regular char" mean?

mladen:
rayphua Will see what solution can be used to make it that way

Hi Mladen, was wondering if there has been any progress on this? Thanks for your time.

rayphua:
Hi Mladen, was wondering if there has been any progress on this? Thanks for your time.

rayphua

I am working on it. As soon as there is a finished version it will be posted here

mladen:
rayphua I am working on it. As soon as there is a finished version it will be posted here

Thanks for your time Mladen. I look forward to it.

Hello sir

I apologize for that the expression ‘whether it brings to the chart or not’ is doubtful somewhat to you.

In the chart of the link, there is “chg” in each candle. This is to see this data “chg” in MT4 having regular chart(M1, M5, M15…). In your heard contents before, the picture explains when chg data of H1 is seen in M5.

Reason: