Elite indicators :) - page 541

New to the Elite Section

Hi everyone! I'm new and have a lot of questions. I can see this an advanced area of the forum and I knew that coming in but I'm lost as to use some of these systems and indicators. I'm usually a lurker on forums and don't post much but as I said, I'm a bit lost.

Rather than write a book here and ask all my questions at once I'll just ask a couple.

1. What is Jurik? I see a lot of indicators recoded with that lable.

2. On some indicators I see the setting "Interpolate" and I'm not sure what that means.

That's all for now but I'll say I'm glad to be here as part of the group.

dvsbruce

1. What is usually refereed to as "Jurik" is actually a way to smooth and filter data. Using the "Jurik" term for that smoothing we are using here is a bit misleading since our TSD smoothing is in fact better than the original Jurik smoothing (the response time in the situations when the price changes suddenly is improved significantly compared to the original and "double smoothing" does not exist anything else but here)

2. Interpolation and what does it do can be seen when you turn the indicator into multi time framing mode. Then, if Interpolation is done, instead of having the "step like" look of the indicators values you will have a smooth line. It is because linear interpolation is applied to the values. As an addition : linear interpolation has exactly the same number of exact values on bars as the "step like" classical multi time framing mode, so, when "precision" is concerned, they are exactly the same

dvsbruce:
Hi everyone! I'm new and have a lot of questions. I can see this an advanced area of the forum and I knew that coming in but I'm lost as to use some of these systems and indicators. I'm usually a lurker on forums and don't post much but as I said, I'm a bit lost.

Rather than write a book here and ask all my questions at once I'll just ask a couple.

1. What is Jurik? I see a lot of indicators recoded with that lable.

2. On some indicators I see the setting "Interpolate" and I'm not sure what that means.

That's all for now but I'll say I'm glad to be here as part of the group.

mladen, your explanations are so precise and helpful

mladen:
dvsbruce

1. What is usually refereed to as "Jurik" is actually a way to smooth and filter data. Using the "Jurik" term for that smoothing we are using here is a bit misleading since our TSD smoothing is in fact better than the original Jurik smoothing (the response time in the situations when the price changes suddenly is improved significantly compared to the original and "double smoothing" does not exist anything else but here)

2. Interpolation and what does it do can be seen when you turn the indicator into multi time framing mode. Then, if Interpolation is done, instead of having the "step like" look of the indicators values you will have a smooth line. It is because linear interpolation is applied to the values. As an addition : linear interpolation has exactly the same number of exact values on bars as the "step like" classical multi time framing mode, so, when "precision" is concerned, they are exactly the same

mladen,

Thanks so much for your precise and thorough explanations. Just when I thought I already understood the meaning, reading your explanations showed me I was wrong, and significantly further enhanced my understanding of the terms. thanks once again for all your help, it's very much appreciated.

traderdp

David

mladen:
dvsbruce

Thanks so much mladen!

Ema

Hello mladen & mrtools,

I was looking for a "double-EMA" (EMA of EMA) and a "triple-EMA" (EMA of EMA of EMA) - each with colorchange and interpolated MTF but coundn't find them.

as an example please see the attached "TEMA_RLH" (they are included there, but without interpolated MTF and no colorchange, I mean the lime and the yellow).

Could you please tell me where I can find them - or could you please make them (just each seperate) ?

Thanks in advance and a happy new near.

derfel

Files:
tema_rlh.mq4  4 kb

Derfel

Use the one from this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

If you set the Method to 1 you are going to get EMA of EMA of EMA of ... depending on Depth parameter. So, for EMA of EMA set the depth to 2, for EMA of EMA of EMA set the depth to 3 and so on. And it already has the interpolation and all the stuff that you need

derfel:
Hello mladen & mrtools,

I was looking for a "double-EMA" (EMA of EMA) and a "triple-EMA" (EMA of EMA of EMA) - each with colorchange and interpolated MTF but coundn't find them.

as an example please see the attached "TEMA_RLH" (they are included there, but without interpolated MTF and no colorchange, I mean the lime and the yellow).

Could you please tell me where I can find them - or could you please make them (just each seperate) ?

Thanks in advance and a happy new near.

derfel

Hello mladen,

that's exactly what I was looking for.

Thank you very much. Happy new year and all the best to you

derfel

Guys, please help to make attached indicator run on a constant range bar chart

Hi to All,

Guys, please help to make attached indicator run on a constant range bar chart. Currently it makes MT4 freeze constantly.

Many thanks and a Happy New Year!

traders_dynamic_cb_ssa_norm_index_alertsarrows-1.ex4traders_dynamic_cb_ssa_norm_index_alertsarrows-1.mq4

mladen:
yigal

I don't know what constant rage bar chart are you using (I don't have one) so I tried it on another offline chart (tick chart in this example) and it works OK (i.e. it works on offline charts as it should too). If the constant range chart yiu are using is making standard (as it should be) offline data for metatrader then it should work on it too but with custom offline chart you can never know (there is a significant lack of standard in offline charts and some versions are simply working "their own way" instead of trying to work the "standard way")

PS: attaching a version that works much faster than the previous version. You still need the "libSSA.dll" file in the libraries folder in order to let this indicator works as it should

Thanks a lot! This one works just fine.

Wishing you a successful 2013

Dear Mladen

Wishing you and your family a successful 2013.

Thank you for all have done for me in particular, but also the community at large. Without you I would not have been nearly as successful and I acknowledge you for that.

Best wishes,

Reason: