Elite indicators :) - page 544

mladen, re my recent indicator request

mladen:
David My experience with Ninja trader is very limited. Will try to set it up and see what can be done, but please, do not take this post as a promise that I will do it. Will try, but if it will take too much time (since I am a novice in NT7) ... learning a new trading platform is always time consuming and I simply can not promise anything except that I will try

mladen,

I am eternally grateful that you have very graciously agreed to look at the NT7 platform coding conversion of this indicator. I fully understand that it may simply be too time consuming and undoable period and that there are absolutely no promises whatsoever. Again, thank you so much for all that you have done on these 2 forums to help me, and countless others, to realize my dream to become a real trader.

traderdp

David

Dear Mladen,

I've been looking around for a histogram version of the following indicator which is currently in Bar/Tape format, supertrendxtapemtf.mq4. I found one but it doesn't have any input tabs for me to enter the periods I require. Would you be so kind as to convert the attached into a histogram version in MTF that shows the ups and downs. Thank you very much in advance.

Ray

Files:

Supert tremd tape inputs ...

Ray

Try it out now. When you use the usual right click this is what you are going to get (as far as inputs are concerned) and you can no adjust those parameters

rayphua:
Dear Mladen,

I've been looking around for a histogram version of the following indicator which is currently in Bar/Tape format, supertrendxtapemtf.mq4. I found one but it doesn't have any input tabs for me to enter the periods I require. Would you be so kind as to convert the attached into a histogram version in MTF that shows the ups and downs. Thank you very much in advance.

Ray
Files:

mladen:
Ray Try it out now. When you use the usual right click this is what you are going to get (as far as inputs are concerned) and you can no adjust those parameters

Thanks for the prompt response, Mladen. However I think I may not have made myself clear enough. I have that indicator you posted which is in tape/bar format. What I really do need is one in histogram format, to see the strength of the moves in histogram, which a flat tape format wouldn't show. Would it be possible to adjust the codes to show it in histogram also in MTF, like how the macd would look like?

Thanks again, and apologies for the additional work.

Ray

Since super trend is a average like indicator in its original form (it "dances" around the piice on chart) If you wish it in a MACD like form this is the best that I can do (lower is this version) :

Otherwise it would have to go to the chart, and then it is a classical super trend indicator. These levels are not "strength" but, as you will notice it, a price it would take if it was on chart

rayphua:
Thanks for the prompt response, Mladen. However I think I may not have made myself clear enough. I have that indicator you posted which is in tape/bar format. What I really do need is one in histogram format, to see the strength of the moves in histogram, which a flat tape format wouldn't show. Would it be possible to adjust the codes to show it in histogram also in MTF, like how the macd would look like? Thanks again, and apologies for the additional work.

mladen:
Ray Since super trend is a average like indicator in its original form (it "dances" around the piice on chart) If you wish it in a MACD like form this is the best that I can do (lower is this version) :
Otherwise it would have to go to the chart, and then it is a classical super trend indicator. These levels are not "strength" but, as you will notice it, a price it would take if it was on chart

Thanks Mladen, that was quick. Yes, I can see what you mean now, it basically follows price as the numbers on the indicator shows. Not sure how useful this would be, I explore it further.

Btw, what are your thoughts on SuperTrend? Looking back historically, it does seem to be rather accurate since it is quite a similar method to price action based on supports and resistances. I am of the assumption it does not repaint, does it? Would you have any suggestions as to what other sort of filters would help?

I've been making comparisions to the earlier StepMaPdfMa which you did and have been wondering if you see any advantages or disadvantages both indicators would bring.

I suppose this could also have a cross indicator like Nina?

Ray

Brainstorming : try this version too. If you set the SuperTrend.ShowAsDiff parameter to true, you will get what is in thhe lowest sub-window

As of "super trend" itself : originally (when it was invented) as far as I remember it was called atr stops and that is one of the good old trading systems with a sound logic and good results if one follows the rules. Will try to find the tradestation rules for trading atr stops and if I find it will post it here (maybe helps in clarifying this kind of "super trend" trading)

rayphua:
Thanks Mladen, that was quick. Yes, I can see what you mean now, it basically follows price as the numbers on the indicator shows. Not sure how useful this would be, I explore it further.

Btw, what are your thoughts on SuperTrend? Looking back historically, it does seem to be rather accurate since it is quite a similar method to price action based on supports and resistances. I am of the assumption it does not repaint, does it? Would you have any suggestions as to what other sort of filters would help?

I've been making comparisions to the earlier StepMaPdfMa which you did and have been wondering if you see any advantages or disadvantages both indicators would bring.

I suppose this could also have a cross indicator like Nina?

Spamming now

Here is a version with one more option : if you set the ShowAsDiff to true and set the ZeroBased to true too, you will get what is in the lowest sub-window :

No more spamming now

mladen:
Ray

Brainstorming : try this version too. If you set the SuperTrend.ShowAsDiff parameter to true, you will get what is in thhe lowest sub-window

As of "super trend" itself : originally (when it was invented) as far as I remember it was called atr stops and that is one of the good old trading systems with a sound logic and good results if one follows the rules. Will try to find the tradestation rules for trading atr stops and if I find it will post it here (maybe helps in clarifying this kind of "super trend" trading)

Dear Mladen,

Looking forward to more of your research regarding the stops.

Btw, I've looked at version 1.02. It's interesting. Although the bars seem to quite erratic, you'll realize that the first push of a change into the opposite direction of the Supertrend would usually result in a longer 1st bar in the opposite direction when you set Showdiff as True. The subsequent bars are usually shorter till they almost flatten before the bars extend longer again. Perhaps if the calculations could be somehow smoothened or averaged, and be given different coloring options, the moves could be clearer; shorter red bars show as orange, longer red bars show as red, for eg.

mladen:
Spamming now

Here is a version with one more option : if you set the ShowAsDiff to true and set the ZeroBased to true too, you will get what is in the lowest sub-window :

No more spamming now

Of all the spamming, these sort of spamming I LIKE! Seriously though, this is turning out to be quite interesting.

Files:
1_1.gif  18 kb
Reason: