Elite indicators :) - page 1182

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
traderduke:
mladen

I would like to put your new indicator into an EA but only having the compiled version of your new input structure confuses me. Just putting the input section together is confusing. The iCustom layout is even more confusing.

Input questions;

split words i.e. Ema period,

quoted words i.e. Ema "speed",

several split words with quoted word i.e. Divisor to use for "ema" calculation

How do the above look in the iCustom structure.

adema1 = iCustom(NULL,0,indicatorFileName,"",

Emaperiod,

Emaspeed,

Price,

Divisortousefor"ema"calculation

Filter,

Prescision,

1,1)

Any help would be appreciated

thank you

Ray

adaptive_ema_variation__filter_2.01_mtf.ex4

Ray

From your post I can not see at all what type of variables are you trying to pass to iCustom() call. The "split words" are descriptive parameter names and should not be confused with real variable names (which is completely unimportant - parameters are not passed by name but by value) and variable types (which is the essence of how they should be passed to iCustom() call). You can see the parameter types from the small icons in the parameter list when you attach it to the chart

Anyway : please post the example code that you are trying to use otherwise I can only guess what are the variable types

mntiwana
mntiwana  
mladen:

You can see the parameter types from the small icons in the parameter list when you attach it to the chart

Dearest MLADEN

thanks for pointing out some tips, can we know more about in more descriptive/details way rather than only types .... left/right of mouse click even doing nothing here, can you explain more plz or any link about.

regards

Files:
2.png 71 kb
Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
mntiwana:

Dearest MLADEN

thanks for pointing out some tips, can we know more about in more descriptive/details way rather than only types .... left/right of mouse click even doing nothing here, can you explain more plz or any link about.

regards

mntiwana

Yes, those icons are showing the parameter types

mntiwana
mntiwana  
mladen:

mntiwana

Yes, those icons are showing the parameter types

Dearest MLADEN,

thanks for early response,if we can know some thing more about from here or just only type ?

regards

traderduke
traderduke  

mladen

thank for the interest.

//Indic_Name1 "adaptive ema variation + filter 2.01 mtf"

// ademav = iCustom(NULL,0,Indic_Name1,"",emaperiod,emaspeed,P rice,Divisortouseforema,Filter,Precision,1,0);

// ademav1 = iCustom(NULL,0,Indic_Name1,"",emaperiod,emaspeed,P rice,Divisortouseforema,Filter,Precision,1,1);

// ademav2 = iCustom(NULL,0,Indic_Name1,"",emaperiod,emaspeed,P rice,Divisortouseforema,Filter,Precision,1,2);

PS: Ok I got it working but the "ademav1 == EMPTY_VALUE" makes for 67 buy trades compared to 7 sells. Any chance we can get a dedicated buffer for the +1 buys ?

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
traderduke:

mladen

thank for the interest.

//Indic_Name1 "adaptive ema variation + filter 2.01 mtf"

// ademav = iCustom(NULL,0,Indic_Name1,"",emaperiod,emaspeed,P rice,Divisortouseforema,Filter,Precision,1,0);

// ademav1 = iCustom(NULL,0,Indic_Name1,"",emaperiod,emaspeed,P rice,Divisortouseforema,Filter,Precision,1,1);

// ademav2 = iCustom(NULL,0,Indic_Name1,"",emaperiod,emaspeed,P rice,Divisortouseforema,Filter,Precision,1,2);

PS: Ok I got it working but the "ademav1 == EMPTY_VALUE" makes for 67 buy trades compared to 7 sells. Any chance we can get a dedicated buffer for the +1 buys ?

Ray

Is till do not see the parameters types

Please post the code part where you declare the parameters

matej
matej  

I found this indicator over the weekend, so first a huge thanks to Mladen for coding it. I ve been looking for something like this for a long time. There are other custom candle indicators out there, but

they usually show built in TF, which is also usefull.

The problem is, that with 4 custom TF charts (2x 3 min and 2x 10min) it slows down MT4 a lot. I know from trying other similar indicators, that limiting number of candles, that the indicator paints, helps with that issue.

So mladen, if it s not to much bother, i would kindly ask if you can add this feature...ability to limit number of candles the indicator paints.

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
judokamak:
I found this indicator over the weekend, so first a huge thanks to Mladen for coding it. I ve been looking for something like this for a long time. There are other custom candle indicators out there, but

they usually show built in TF, which is also usefull.

The problem is, that with 4 custom TF charts (2x 3 min and 2x 10min) it slows down MT4 a lot. I know from trying other similar indicators, that limiting number of candles, that the indicator paints, helps with that issue.

So mladen, if it s not to much bother, i would kindly ask if you can add this feature...ability to limit number of candles the indicator paints.

judokamak

I am not sure that it will speed up those cases that you have (simply because I do not think that it is an issue of the indicator), but here you have the version with limited bars option added : custom_candles_-_any_time_frame_1_1.mq4

traderduke
traderduke  
Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
traderduke:
Mladen

Here is the EA, thanks

Ray

rk-adaptive_ema-ea-v1-wtrendwdayw9-trls-fixed-nf.mq4

As far as parameters are concerned, you can use those (you can change the emaperiod type from int to double -adaptive ema allows fractional periods - but it is not a significant change)

As of the rest : emadav is always > 0. If you are looking for slope (and color is changed on slope change, then simply compare adaptive ema value with a value one bar before the value you are testing. You can not use buffers 2 and 3. As I explained a long time ago, non repainting drawing buffers can not be used that way and that will cause you errors in the EA