Elite indicators :) - page 1189

Mdalen. I have doubt. When i wrap you averages indicator, if original indicator is present too works fine. If I remove original indicator I have rename error dialog. My doubt is a kind of protection, because if I have deploy my indicator with your indicator as standalone then I dont need include it as resource in my indicator. I loose the advantage of have only 1 indicator but I understand this behaviour. Thanks for advance

mladen:
Averages ribbon made multi time frame : averages_ribbon_2_2_mtf.ex4

PS: the example is 14 and 15 double smoothed EMA. The rest is default. I find that periods close to each other (like that example - just one period difference) are producing results that are very usable.

Of course that some parameters experimenting is recommended, but this usage (when the periods are so close) made me change the appearance of the "ribbon" to the current one and allows us more experimenting now. I even changed my all time preferred symbol for example since I was checking how it performs on other symbols and with same settings it is not bad at all - on a 1 hour chart it cleanly catches all the major trend changes and makes it a as-simple-as-it-gets candidate for trending system (please do remember that by definition in trending systems 80% of trades can be negative but the rest of the trades are taking your equity into positive areas, do not expect from trending system to have 100% winning ratio, even though on some of the symbols with the above settings it resembles to grail like system). Use proper MM in any case

Thank you

mladen:

mandagozu81

Use the version 4_11 (as it was explained it solved some issues of previous versions)

Dear Mladen,

I checked the price list of the previously attached StepMA averages indicator and some other StepMA indicators coded by you.

I found out that there are 2 types of prices "high/low" & "open/close" prices that only exist in some of the StepMa indicators.

I download all the new elite indicators with the updated 20plus price types, but only some StepMA indicators have these above mentioned 2 price types.

Can you explain me how these price types are calculated? Thank you as always.

mandagozu81:

Dear Mladen,

I checked the price list of the previously attached StepMA averages indicator and some other StepMA indicators coded by you.

I found out that there are 2 types of prices "high/low" & "open/close" prices that only exist in some of the StepMa indicators.

I download all the new elite indicators with the updated 20plus price types, but only some StepMA indicators have these above mentioned 2 price types.

Can you explain me how these price types are calculated? Thank you as always.

mandagozu81

That "prices" can be used only in specific indicators that are using multiple prices in some cases. For example stochastic and some step indicators allow that. But others simple can not use more than one price and for that reason they can not use those price combinations

mladen:
Averages ribbon made multi time frame : averages_ribbon_2_2_mtf.ex4

PS: the example is 14 and 15 double smoothed EMA. The rest is default. I find that periods close to each other (like that example - just one period difference) are producing results that are very usable.

Of course that some parameters experimenting is recommended, but this usage (when the periods are so close) made me change the appearance of the "ribbon" to the current one and allows us more experimenting now. I even changed my all time preferred symbol for example since I was checking how it performs on other symbols and with same settings it is not bad at all - on a 1 hour chart it cleanly catches all the major trend changes and makes it a as-simple-as-it-gets candidate for trending system (please do remember that by definition in trending systems 80% of trades can be negative but the rest of the trades are taking your equity into positive areas, do not expect from trending system to have 100% winning ratio, even though on some of the symbols with the above settings it resembles to grail like system). Use proper MM in any case

Looks nice

Doing some experiments with the ribbon - interesting results

Thanks guys

mladen:
Why don't you use some of the trading sessions indicators for that?

I found something similar to what I was looking for so I share , so someone can find it handy . Attached trading hours . You can set the hours in which the market use to be weak in a day basis .

uploaded file

Files:

mladen:

mandagozu81

That "prices" can be used only in specific indicators that are using multiple prices in some cases. For example stochastic and some step indicators allow that. But others simple can not use more than one price and for that reason they can not use those price combinations

Dearest MLADEN

one question regarding price calculation,at any chart with any tf and pair...... bars and or candles are calculated with any or a combination of from 4 price type values (open,close,low and high)...my question is, how line chart is calculated,if with close price value only or (open+close+low+high/4) value ?

regards

Files:
eurusdm1_4.png  24 kb

mntiwana:

Dearest MLADEN

one question regarding price calculation,at any chart with any tf and pair...... bars and or candles are calculated with any or a combination of from 4 price type values (open,close,low and high)...my question is, how line chart is calculated,if with close price value only or (open+close+low+high/4) value ?

regards

mntiwana

The difference is that, for example stochastic, adx and some more use 3 prices/value in calculations, some step algorithms allow 2 prices//value, while, for example, average simply uses one price/value - there is no place where to use more than one price value. So it depends on what is calculated how much prices/values can be used. So it is not a matter of price/value, but a matter how many of those prices/values can be used, at the same time - not as some average value (like the (open+close+low+high/4)), in calculation

Reason: