Elite indicators :) - page 1181

Juan Fernandez
Juan Fernandez  
mladen:

For custom time frame you have to have the data as offline data

Here is an example how it is set in the averages (I have the "10 minutes" data as offline data) :

Ok. But what is the constant number for Custom TF? Maybe 10? Because I want call from iCustom and I know rest of TFs in first option are 0 to 9. If i use iCustom( NULL, 0, "averages...", 10, 18,.... ); its right for have custom TF 18M?

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
braintheboss:
Ok. But what is the constant number for Custom TF? Maybe 10? Because I want call from iCustom and I know rest of TFs in first option are 0 to 9. If i use iCustom( NULL, 0, "averages...", 10, 18,.... ); its right for have custom TF 18M?

:)

And then you can use any number for the custom time frame value (the second parameter)

Juan Fernandez
Juan Fernandez  
mladen:

:)

And then you can use any number for the custom time frame value (the second parameter)

Lol. Only one number in that range ( 12345678 )? Or that is the constant number for custom timeframe? Now I'm confused. iCustom( NULL, 0, "averages...", 12345678, 18,... )?

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
braintheboss:
Lol. Only one number in that range ( 12345678 )? Or that is the constant number for custom timeframe? Now I'm confused. iCustom( NULL, 0, "averages...", 12345678, 18,... )?

That is a constant that is used as a custom time frame identifier

That iCustom() call would have call the indicator using 18 minute time frame

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

PS: I have a feeling that you are trying to solve your problem from the wrong side. When called from an EA none of the first 2 parameters for time frame are needed. All you have to do is a simple iCustom() call like this :

iCustom(NULL,18,"name of the indicator",PERIOD)CURRENT,0,.....)

and it will work with any custom indicator and any time frame

Juan Fernandez
Juan Fernandez  
mladen:
PS: I have a feeling that you are trying to solve your problem from the wrong side. When called from an EA none of the first 2 parameters for time frame are needed. All you have to do is a simple iCustom() call like this :

iCustom(NULL,18,"name of the indicator",PERIOD)CURRENT,0,.....)

and it will work with any custom indicator and any time frame

Ah. Im sorry. But I didnt use much iCustom and I always thinked you have use parameters like MT4 dialog. For that I put constant in first indicator parameter. Ok. Then first 2 parameters I set to 0. Thanks for all. I think my EA will improve much with your indicator.We will see this week how works

Juan Fernandez
Juan Fernandez  

Dont works. Its weird. I have one M6 offline chart created and loaded. Event putting indicator in that chart show anything. Your indicator alone works fine.

properties.timeframe = 6;

plot1[ i ] = iCustom( symbolz.get(), properties.timeframe, AVERAGESºICUSTOMªINDY, 0, 0, ...);

I tried put NULL in symbol and PERIOD_CURRENT in timeframe loading in M6 chart but same result. I test Symbol(), Period() and Bars and show correct data in that M6 Chart. Only values iCustom return is 0.0 or 0x7FFFFFFF

William Snyder
William Snyder  

This is an updated version of squeeze channel bars made a little more user friendly and a little shorter code wise.

squeeze_channel_bars_2.mq4

traderduke
traderduke  

very bad input

traderduke
traderduke  

mladen

I would like to put your new indicator into an EA but only having the compiled version of your new input structure confuses me. Just putting the input section together is confusing. The iCustom layout is even more confusing.

Input questions;

split words i.e. Ema period,

quoted words i.e. Ema "speed",

several split words with quoted word i.e. Divisor to use for "ema" calculation

How do the above look in the iCustom structure.

adema1 = iCustom(NULL,0,indicatorFileName,"",

Emaperiod,

Emaspeed,

Price,

Divisortousefor"ema"calculation

Filter,

Prescision,

1,1)

Any help would be appreciated

thank you

Ray

adaptive_ema_variation__filter_2.01_mtf.ex4