10points 3.mq4 - page 59

tf

As far as indicators go, there should be at least 3 different types of indicators. A trend following indicator, an oscillator, and a directional indicator such as ADX. Trend following indicators are profitable when markets are moving but lead to whipsaws in trading ranges.Oscillators are profiitable in trading ranges, but give premature signals when the markets begin to trend. If trading on a 15 min chart, the trend following indicator should be based off a 30 min chart. If trading on a 4 hr chart, the trend following indicator should be based off a daily chart. Then trades are only taken in the direction of the trend. 1.) Identify the trend and only trade in that direction. MACD is a possibility. There are others. Oscillators identify deviations from the trend. They point out declines in an uptrend as a buying opportunity and rallies in a downtrend as a selling opportunity. 2.) use the oscillator to determine opportune entry points. Stochastic or Force Index are possibilities. ADX tracks changes in behavior of the crowd. Bullishnes or Bearishness. 3.) What is the crowd GOING to do. In programming these to get a buy signal, could it be that every time the criteria was met, the EA would put a # on the chart. When the total of the #'s became 3, then a buy signal was sent. 1+1+1 For trades in the opposite direction, use 4+4+4 and when the total became 12, a sell signal was sent. Any other combinations are ignored. Can this also be set up so that the indicators just have to be in the indicators folder and not physically on the chart. All this work will get us in a high probability trade in the right direction at an opportune time.

Folks -

I've been following this thread for quite awhile. I'm really amazed at the profit potential of 10Point 3 but to me it's like the thrill of bungie jumping to trade with as long as the cord doesn't snap. I believe it was said that DLM (by the same author) was an improvement to 10Point3, and that DLM is a countertrend EA. Here's where I'm lost because from what I can see testing 10Point3 is that it actually follows the trend. In fact, I've got modified versions of 10Point3 I've where I substitued a different MACD based on variable MA's and it tracks trend even faster. Those deadly towers (power spikes/fast bars) provide even greater profit potential.

Anyway, is 10Point3 and DLM modeled on the same basic trading concept, or is 10Point3 a trend trader and DLM a countertrend trader? Thanks.

Dear Bluto,

10point3 purposely develop based on MACD, just like looking at the histogram to open trade, if the current bar is shorter than the previous bar, then SHORT....its crazy!!! The actual benefit from the 10point3 solely because of the builtin martingale. DLM has built in function of changing between 6 condition to open trade... i trend, rsi, s&r, macd, pivot....forgotton what else. Again, still profitting based on the Martingale system. So far, using setting trade based on 1(PIVOT) is the most profitable. Cheers

davidke20:
Dear Bluto, 10point3 purposely develop based on MACD, just like looking at the histogram to open trade, if the current bar is shorter than the previous bar, then SHORT....its crazy!!! The actual benefit from the 10point3 solely because of the builtin martingale. DLM has built in function of changing between 6 condition to open trade... i trend, rsi, s&r, macd, pivot....forgotton what else. Again, still profitting based on the Martingale system. So far, using setting trade based on 1(PIVOT) is the most profitable. Cheers

Thanks for the explanation. Ok, then that confirms what I was thinking about the behavior of 10Point3 - if the Macd bar is declining that implies a downtrend which would trigger a short and visa-versa - the EA is trying to follow the trend and not countertrend although it's using a doubling Martingale method to place increasing trades. Sound right?

yup! you get the point. but as far as i figure out. the 10point3 not really efficient to use that method to trade. even evolve to DLM, the system still taking profit from other indicators compare to MACD

by the way, its dynamic stop loss now.

davidke20:
yup! you get the point. but as far as i figure out. the 10point3 not really efficient to use that method to trade. even evolve to DLM, the system still taking profit from other indicators compare to MACD

Cool. Thanks a million for confirming, davidke20. Yeah, I agree on why the Martingale method in 10Point3 but man does it ever work! If you've got the capital to endure the temporary drawdowns, this thing can mint money!

But just to confirm....DLM is NOT countertrend....same basic approach as 10Point3 except just more internal indicator options??

DLM v 10points

bluto:
Cool. Thanks a million for confirming, davidke20. Yeah, I agree on why the Martingale method in 10Point3 but man does it ever work! If you've got the capital to endure the temporary drawdowns, this thing can mint money! But just to confirm....DLM is NOT countertrend....same basic approach as 10Point3 except just more internal indicator options??

I have taken these copies from the Elcactus site.

Dealers Lots Management Expert. Based on 10 points 3 already on this site. This version fixes some small bugs and i made a special addition, we can select the method to decide if we start long or short.

OpenOrdersBasedOn=2 // Method to decide if we start long or short. The actual values for this parameter are:

0. MACD

1. Pivot price level

2. Support/Resistance levels (best results on all symbols)

TimeZone=16 // Time zone to calculate the pivots (not all the methods uses it

Obviously Terminator by the same author has taken the opening options further and added more. This explains the differences between the actual opening of trades according to the selected options where DLM has the option and 10points has not.

John

Forward testing

Here are the results of my forward testing this week.

Terminator has a closed profit $2503 but still has a minus floating profit of $5128. I have not closed it off and hope that it will regain profitability over the weekend or next week.

10points has had a MaxTrades6 closed this week as well as one last week so it is not performing well. I have decided to revert to MaxTrades10 starting at .01 and use all the recommended pairs and test how much funding the account will need to operate. I closed it off in order to start a new week with the new settings.

John

Files:
10points26.htm  21 kb
term13.htm  33 kb
term13.gif  5 kb

A huge waning for live account!!!

Dear all,

I took the initiative to start the T2 in the live account. Trading with 0.01 lot in pivot settings, max trade 7. Amazingly survived all the while. Normally TP to taken out position can only reach trade 6. which is 3.2lot. Max trade 7 is the last 1 i try to recover losses if trade 6 wento loss. Manually close when trade 7,6,5,4 back to profit(doesn't matter how much, as long as cover the loss). Account grow steady and healthy. No problem at all.

This is what need to be caution!!! Once I seen the stability of T2 on my own account, I started to apply it to my investor account. Started with 1 full lot, end up at 64lot, we actually having a great slippage!!! I dont realize that problem until the 1st round close during the 64 lot started to retrieve losses. Open trade based on different of lossing 10pips, it actually open slipped up to 5pips to open trade, which is opening trade based after lossing 10~15pips to open new position. During the 64lot position, I need almost 20pips in profit to cover all the losses everywhere.!!! This only happen to live account. All broker are scams! Beware on your live trading if your trading account is huge. I have a minor drawdown on that account, will stop using T2 for the manage account next week. I'm in deep shit! Need to recover them by manual trading 1st... Bruno, any comment on this?

p/s: I did setup another demo account run togather with the manage account start trading with 1 lot. Amazingly, the demo open trade every 10pip loss as I preset at the EA. When closing trade, each and every position is profiting smoothly. The differences between non actual trading and actual money exchange show drastically different!!!

davidke20:
Dear all,

I took the initiative to start the T2 in the live account. Trading with 0.01 lot in pivot settings, max trade 7. Amazingly survived all the while. Normally TP to taken out position can only reach trade 6. which is 3.2lot. Max trade 7 is the last 1 i try to recover losses if trade 6 wento loss. Manually close when trade 7,6,5,4 back to profit(doesn't matter how much, as long as cover the loss). Account grow steady and healthy. No problem at all.

This is what need to be caution!!! Once I seen the stability of T2 on my own account, I started to apply it to my investor account. Started with 1 full lot, end up at 64lot, we actually having a great slippage!!! I dont realize that problem until the 1st round close during the 64 lot started to retrieve losses. Open trade based on different of lossing 10pips, it actually open slipped up to 5pips to open trade, which is opening trade based after lossing 10~15pips to open new position. During the 64lot position, I need almost 20pips in profit to cover all the losses everywhere.!!! This only happen to live account. All broker are scams! Beware on your live trading if your trading account is huge. I have a minor drawdown on that account, will stop using T2 for the manage account next week. I'm in deep shit! Need to recover them by manual trading 1st... Bruno, any comment on this?

p/s: I did setup another demo account run togather with the manage account start trading with 1 lot. Amazingly, the demo open trade every 10pip loss as I preset at the EA. When closing trade, each and every position is profiting smoothly. The differences between non actual trading and actual money exchange show drastically different!!!

Sorry to hear about your losses. I keep a $12K account for trading T2 and only use EURUSD & USDJPY. I pull out the profits to keep it at this funding level. Yes, you are definitely correct about live vs. demo accounts. I see IBFX pulling stunts all the time.

Reason: