10points 3.mq4 - page 62

abrs70:
Can you post some statement for your modified EA? We will love to forward test it real soon. Like i said, if you can modify to 0.1, 0.2, 0.4, 0.7, 1.1 much better for small size fund. Wish you the best

Those lot size intervals you suggest would go contrary to the whole Martingale methodology of placing trades via doubling, especially when a trade moves against you. Funny thing is, since this EA is a trend trader, I'm not real sure why that trade style was implemented. I'm thinking a better approach might be something like a traditional closing of half the lots @ breakeven and taking profit on other half when reversal or consolidation occurs. I understand what you're saying though about wanting conservative lot sizing for small accounts. I personally don't have any answers at this point.

duhhh....

bluto:
Here ya go.

** Update **

Well, I really screwed up and posted something here that I shouldn't have. For those interested in the Terminator EA and other valuable tools, please register for the elite section and support the keepers of this amazing forum.

Duhhh.. Bluto,

I would like to be the elite group of this forum once I make profit out of it, but not before because it once posted in this thread, right?

I am happy to post my result with 10point3 and Terminator v2 once I get them, coz I like to test every good EA.

well...........

bluto:
Those lot size intervals you suggest would go contrary to the whole Martingale methodology of placing trades via doubling, especially when a trade moves against you. Funny thing is, since this EA is a trend trader, I'm not real sure why that trade style was implemented. I'm thinking a better approach might be something like a traditional closing of half the lots @ breakeven and taking profit on other half when reversal or consolidation occurs. I understand what you're saying though about wanting conservative lot sizing for small accounts. I personally don't have any answers at this point.

May be you're right. Since this is a trender, why it use Martingale? Should have tweak up the accuracy of open trade rather than taking care of the lossing trade. If this is a countertrender, then Martingale might be useful. I think the entire concept is a false approach...

davidke20:
May be you're right. Since this is a trender, why it use Martingale? Should have tweak up the accuracy of open trade rather than taking care of the lossing trade. If this is a countertrender, then Martingale might be useful. I think the entire concept is a false approach...

i don't think its false approach. As you know market is moving zig zagging, there are whipsaws somewhere so the EA was designed to maximize profit. We can set higher secure profit to maximize the profit. However, by setting it higher, this could also give you high risk of closing the trades as soon as possible.

bluto:
I think the Fibonacci idea is a great one. In fact, the better route might be to take the lead of Terminator and build this as an additional option to base trade orders on. The core code of Terminator and 10Point3 are identical. I'm also a huge fan of candles & pivots combined (see John Person's books) and there's another ripe method.

Another possibility in the same chain of thought would be using the baby Murrey Math Lines. They could be a very good confirmation to exit a trade early when loosing (if support/resist broken), and where to set profit. (I want to write code to provide MM levels to an EA for TP/SL.)

I can probably make a quick indicator specifically to be used by EA, but if you look at MM_Octavesv5 and your trades I am very interested in the results.

The dotted 4/8 line, the thicker 0/8 and 8/8 line are all support/resist lines that should mostly not get touched. If the are penetrated (at least on higher timescales) the OSMA value is much higher than normal.

Code is copyright Xard777, I was granted redistribution right.

Edit: more info available at https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/172943/page22

Files:
mm-octaves.mq4  23 kb

tf

Another thing that could be done is when you are increasing the lot sizes, close the ones in the beginning that have no chance of recovering. They are just dead weight adding to your loss as the mkt moves against you. then if you get all the way to level 6, I think you could be saving 14*4 + 28*3 + 56*2 +112*1 or about 364 pips based on 14 pip secure profit segment. how hard would that be to program into 10p3

tf

The pips you save could be used to carry you 1 step farther or add to the profit margin when the market does turn. I don't know if 14 was the correct # to use for the calculations but there comes a point in time when that earliest trade will never be recouped, because 10p3 as written will never back up that far before closing everything. By being proactive, and closing the losers out early, you could also not have to have as big of a rebound to get out with a profit, which in the later stages would allow you to close quicker and possibly it would get back in, in the correct direction??? just an idea

Where's the Stop Loss?

I have done forward test with this EA and I really wonder,

WHy didnt the author put any Stop Loss in all open position?

only Take Profit limit is being set.

Today I forwarded test for USDCHF H4 with 10point3, the EA opened 3 position of sell

and lost -80 pips in single day without a stop loss

Just thinking about how if we make a -30 pips stop loss, will it be better?

New version of 10Point3

yeoeleven:
I have been away from this thread for 24 hours and in that time there have been several suggestions made for the improvement of 10points and other suggestions that Terminator with Option1 would be a better proposition.

Is it possible to improve 10points by adding more indicators that can be used simultaneously and would that be better than using just one indicator of choice in Terminator?

Other suggestions were to use fibonnacci numbers for increment increases, an improved StopLoss and Pipsteps adjusted according to each pairs average daily performance.

Some ideas can be done in the preset area of the EA but most would require a reworking of the actual coding as tururo did when he introduced the Dynamic Stop back on page 18.

I have no coding skills but it would be helpful if one of our testers could improve 10points by adding other indicators so that further testing can be done and a comparison with Terminator could be made.

My week to date testing of 10points but now down to one pair and starting at .2 units and Termination option 1 is attached.

Have just had another loss at the MaxTrades6 level in 10points so as has been suggested this EA's weakness is that it needs more help in setting the direction of the trade. Terminator looks good on the gif but had a large minus floating profit. So neither are looking good this week.

John

John,

I have decided to make the changes to the 10Point3 EA that we have been talking about on this thread. I also intend to re-organize the code to make it easier to follow and ultimately easier to modify from here on out. Here is what I have on the to do list so far...

1) New order spacing, instead of doubling it could possibly go by 1.6 each time. This still makes the possible profit larger each time a new order is placed but also takes far less margin. The original x2 for 10 positions starting at 0.01 would take $511.50 in margin and the new proposed x1.6 for 10 positions would only require $113.50 in margin.

Times 2 would be...

01 - 0.01 ($0.50)

02 - 0.02 ($1.00)

03 - 0.04 ($2.00)

04 - 0.08 ($4.00)

05 - 0.16 ($8.00)

06 - 0.32 ($16.00)

07 - 0.64 ($32.00)

08 - 1.28 ($64.00)

09 - 2.56 ($128.00)

10 - 5.12 ($256.00)

Times 1.6 would be...

01 - 0.01 ($0.50)

02 - 0.02 ($1.00)

03 - 0.03 ($1.50)

04 - 0.05 ($2.50)

05 - 0.08 ($4.00)

06 - 0.13 ($6.50)

07 - 0.21 ($10.50)

08 - 0.34 ($17.00)

09 - 0.54 ($27.00)

10 - 0.86 ($43.00)

2) Set S/L based on Trailing stops so that older orders close when a new order placed would make it impossible for an older one to profit due to new T/P level. This should minimize losses if more orders need to be opened.

3) New way of deciding which direction to go in. I could use some help with this one. If anyone has an idea of a reasonable set of indicators/conditions to make this decision then please let me know.

Is there anything that I may have forgotten about? Does anyone else have reasonable requests that may help this EA? Feedback is greatly appreciated and I will try to get the new EA posted for everyone to test ASAP.

Matt

10points 3.mq4

Does anyone have an updated MT4? The site given on thread 1 no longer works.

Any other indicator that is used in conjunction with the 10points 3.mq4 is very much appreciated....thanks!

Reason: