New EA - "Predator"

Following in the fabulous lead of "Terminator" (based on the 10Point 3 EA) brought to us by Tom Maneval, here's a version I've been developing that I've dubbed "Predator" to continue the tradition. Like Terminator, this EA uses the core order processing logic of 10Point3 and provides five different trend selection options using some super responsive indicators, several based on Jurik MA's. These indicators do a great job keeping this EA on the right side of the trend. If you have the time and interest, please install and test. My results have been positive so far but I haven't been at it that long. The included readme contains the lowdown on the various indicators.

Cheers!

** Update - zip file attached for those who don't use WinRar.

Files:
predator.rar  14 kb
predator.zip  14 kb

Wow! Looks interesting! Ill test it this week and let you know my results.

Just to know, does Predator requires high amount of money, high leverage and small lots to trade like Terminator?

Thank you!

pabloski7:
Wow! Looks interesting! Ill test it this week and let you know my results.

Just to know, does Predator requires high amount of money, high leverage and small lots to trade like Terminator?

Thank you!

Yes. Anything based on 10Point3 requires deep pockets. However, I think these new indicators are really going to perform at keeping this EA on the right trend track which might decrease the "surprises".

Having said that, I'm going to completely overhaul the money-management and lot control logic to make this thing safer. I've got a ton of ideas along that line. The Martingale approach is weird in this EA, but if you can get on the trend properly, the doubling lots are less menacing.

bluto:
Following in the fabulous lead of "Terminator" (based on the 10Point 3 EA) brought to us by Tom Maneval, here's a version I've been developing that I've dubbed "Predator" to continue the tradition. Like Terminator, this EA uses the core order processing logic of 10Point3 and provides five different trend selection options using some super responsive indicators, several based on Jurik MA's. These indicators do a great job keeping this EA on the right side of the trend. If you have the time and interest, please install and test. My results have been positive so far but I haven't been at it that long. The included readme contains the lowdown on the various indicators. Cheers!

What time frame for testing please?

aelimian:
What time frame for testing please?

I'm testing on TF = H1 with EURUSD, USDJPY, GBPUSD & USDCAD.

Demo runs

I am using the Terminator EA since a few month on a live account with IBFX.

My setup allows the EA to trade only in the direction of positive swap.

Now i am testing the Predator EA on the suggested FX pairs in both directions plus GBP/JPY to see the performance with the Turbo JRSX indicator.

On a seperate Demo account T2.02 runs on Jurik MACD into the positive swap direction only to compare results with real trading.

Will post statements end of each week.

Matrix

That's what I'm using right now .

What is the diffrence ?

xra:
That's what I'm using right now . What is the diffrence ?

The difference is in the user selectable options available for determining trend. This is all explained in the readme file. There are several optimized methods based on Jurik MA's (MACD, RSI, MA-XO) that aren't in Terminator. Other than that, it's the same order processing logic.

Attached is a new version of Predator. I found and fixed a bug in the Jurik Moving Average crossover trade option.

Files:
predator.mq4  17 kb

Predator vs Terminator

Hi bluto,

Thanks for your effort and sharing this EA.

Can you tell from your tests so far how much better is the performance compared to Terminator ?

Comparison

From the Demo trading so far here are my observations:

Currently Terminator is trading most pairs only in one direction.

With the new Jurik indicators it appears that Predator trading in both directions(i have default settings with Jurik Turbo JRSX) seems to catch the trend very good.

Terminator is preferably traded into direction of positive swaps.(single direction)

Therefore you see more trades and less drawdown in Predator so far.

A demo account at Alpari started yesterday is already up by 4% on more than the suggested pairs and i included GBP/JPY to test the performance.

Further it appears that the overall currency pair mix might have a very positive effect on the equity needed in the account to safely trade this Martingale EA.

I will post statements end of this week.

Take this with impressions of 1.5 days.

I am trading Terminator for a few month now in an IBFX live account with a very low leverage, but very nice results on the same pairs Tom reports his trades on.

So far way to early to make an assesment, but it looks very promising.

Thanks Bluto for your great effort and sharing this EA.

Reason: