10points 3.mq4 - page 65

10points 3

teamfri:
I just openned a live mini account with FXDD. The minimum trading size is 0.1 lot, which equals $1000. The value of 1 pip movment is about 10 cents.

I plan to apply 10point3 only on the pair of Eur/USD. If I deposit $2000 into the mini account, can anybody tell me which version of 10point3 in its family will be most suitable to use. I mean not too risky to use.

Many thanks!

The copy of 10points that most of us are using is the 10points_3_Dynamic_Stop copy found on this thread on page 18. Read back and forth for a couple of pages each way to understand what was achieved with this copy and it's ramifications.

The risk involved can be adjusted with the settings but it is a dangerous EA. If I was recommending any action it would be to utilize a broker which allows trading in .01 units. InterBankFX, Neuimex, Velocity & SBFX allow this level of trading. I would use .01 as the start off together with a MaxTrades10. Take profit set at 25 and trailing StopLoss at 15.

After testing this EA since August that is my recommendation and my current testing #2 follows that strategy.

FXDD will allow a start of .1 and that would be the equivalent of an account of $200 compared with $2000 starting at .01. If you were to use FXDD I would use only the one pair suggested and re think my strategies.

John

John,

Thanks a lot for your explanation. It is really helpful to me.

Good luck to your trading.

teamfri

yeoeleven:
Matt,

rather than reinvent the wheel it may be worthwhile to have a look at the EA's listed under 10points 3 on this page http://www.lightpatch.com/forex/_MT4_Experts/

The last EA listed is 10points 3emsjoflo.mq4 and the progression is listed is extern double IncreaseFactor = 1.64; I noticed that the trade selection was still MACD but it has a limiting factor of 150 pips based on Maxtrades10 with a 15 pipstep.

Without a coding knowledge the main thrust of the EA is lost on me but you may see some value in an examination of it.

John

i have tested it but failed to open trades...

i really badly need to change 1.64 increasefactor... please someone modify it from 10points3_dynamic stop?

yeoeleven:
Now a couple of days on #1 is still in profit but USDCHF increased to 1.6 twice.

#2 still good but GBPUSD increased to .64 twice and USDCHF & USDJPY once each. Still a long way from MaxTrades10.

John

what do you mean by 10point1 #1 and #2, is it terminator?

10points3

abrs70:
what do you mean by 10point1 #1 and #2, is it terminator?

If you look at the quote on the page where the results are posted I refer to First and Second which is #1 & #2.

I will not post any further Terminator results but both my 10points testings are more profitable.

John

abrs70:
i have tested it but failed to open trades... i really badly need to change 1.64 increasefactor... please someone modify it from 10points3_dynamic stop?

10points 3emsjoflo.mq4 will only work as is on accounts that accept .01 unit trades. I opened it on FXDD and it would not trade but when I opened it on NEXTT4 it traded immediately. So far it has opened a .01 unit trade on each pair but just now things are quiet and no further progression has occurred.

I have set this EA to the same settings as 10points3, TP25 TS15 MaxTrades10 and will post seperate detailed statements.

John

yeoeleven:
10points 3emsjoflo.mq4 will only work as is on accounts that accept .01 unit trades. I opened it on FXDD and it would not trade but when I opened it on NEXTT4 it traded immediately. So far it has opened a .01 unit trade on each pair but just now things are quiet and no further progression has occurred.

I have set this EA to the same settings as 10points3, TP25 TS15 MaxTrades10 and will post seperate detailed statements.

John

i see...i thought ibfx allow 0.01

what is the difference between #1 and #2 ?

The first continues from before and now concentrates only on EURUSD & USDCHR but with MaxTrades7 and starting at .05 unit.

The second uses all recommended pairs with MaxTrades10 and startes off at .01.

I want to see if MaxTrades10 will ever be closed by the Dynamic Stop and how soon will MaxTrades7 be breached.

That was posted in the post where I made the detailed reports I am not sure how much more advice you need.

Yes IBFX will allow .01 trades so if the EA was compiled and attached correctly it should work. Does your copy have the Blue Hat, have you allowed live trading and have you enabled the advisor to work?

John

yeoeleven:
The first continues from before and now concentrates only on EURUSD & USDCHR but with MaxTrades7 and starting at .05 unit.

The second uses all recommended pairs with MaxTrades10 and startes off at .01.

I want to see if MaxTrades10 will ever be closed by the Dynamic Stop and how soon will MaxTrades7 be breached.

That was posted in the post where I made the detailed reports I am not sure how much more advice you need.

Yes IBFX will allow .01 trades so if the EA was compiled and attached correctly it should work. Does your copy have the Blue Hat, have you allowed live trading and have you enabled the advisor to work?

John

thanks for the explanation.

yes there is blue hat with neuimex... but not with NF, ibfx, fxdd

i am now testing it on H4, looks better..

tf

mtaboneweb,

I have an unreasonable request. Can you program 6 different indicators into an EA. And whenever 3 of these indicators give a buy or sell signal, the trade is activated. The key here is not to have the same type of indicator telling you to buy or sell, but rather when either one is activated, it can combine with an indicator in the other 2 groups to get you into a trade.

IE trend following would be in one group, oscillators in another , channels or BB bands or Envelopes or some of the newer indicators like super8filter, juice, heiken ashi (new versions), fisher-yurik, or JMA in the last group. Can we get a consenus of the people interested in 10P3 and lets us know what indicators should be in each group. We all have favorites, but which ones are we the most confident with.

On the subject of exit signals, we also have 2 choices. Pivots, camarilla, octaves all are based off yesterdays price movement and that could be an exit strategy once those targets are hit. An indicator that follows the trend like Price_channel stop, short moving average, or silvertrend could be used for carrying the trade to a more profitable level. Can we get a consenus from everybody on that as well. Or maybe build it in so we can choose our exit strategy. Like I said, an unreasonable request. Thanks for reading tf

Reason: