10points 3.mq4 - page 26

DLMv1.3

Toccata:
Yeoeleven - what do all the cancelled trades mean in DLM1.3 testing? Is this the account protection kicking in? Thanks

Toccata,

this EA creates pending trades when it starts the initial trade and when it closes, at whichever level it closes on, it cancels the remaining pending trades for that pair.

It then starts off again with a trade and it creates new pending trades according to how many trades you select as your MaxTrade.

John

Yeoeleven - thanks for the explanation. I am working on the assumption that DLM is the same strategy as 10points3 - e.g. it will give the same results but it has bells & whistles - e.g. account protection, optional entry criteria etc. It just does some things in a slightly different way from an operational perspective? Thanks

furious_angel:
.. when will you start testing this one live? and will you be using which pairs? and what will be your strategy during news releases..?

furious_angel,

I will be forward testing until I can afford to put funds into a live account.

The way testing is going initially I will only use USDCHF & EURUSD making them trade both long or both short, there has been lately sufficient movement to allow many closures as the detailed reports will attest. The hedging will hopefully prevent either pair from getting out of hand.

I am not over worried about the news except NFP, I believe that the inevitable spikes and retracements will allow closure in most cases. I will close off the trades manually during Friday as they become profitable.

That is how I see the position now but that may change as more forward testing is completed.

John

Yeoeleven:

exactly how are you going to hedge this in Dlmv1.3, please explainn in detail. Yes this week I did not close on Friday as last week look what happened here on the Major trend in CHF, the account blew up overnight being on the wrong side, trends kill this if on the wrong side. $449 profit just before bedtime now negative .

Files:
dlmv1.3_3.htm  74 kb

DLMv1.3

txsundevil:
That's why using just EUR & CHF would limit the risk like a hedge.

txsundevil

We both thought that under usual trading the mirror effect of both pairs would result in a hedged situation.

In your detailed summary it is clear that whilst EURUSD started out at 28 18:44 priced at 1.2705 it had fallen to 1.2699 by the end of your summary a gain of 36 pips. During that same time period USDCHF was priced at 1.2455 and had risen to 1.2537 a loss of 82 pips. Clearly there was no mirrored effect.

When you compare my final weeks summary I was long whilst you were short and I had closed off CHF when it was in profit earlier and just now closed off EUR when it became profitable, overall I suffered no loss. Even though I suffered a loss of pips in EUR during the same period I was able to make profit from the increased unit trades. The gain in CHF was not so great since I had closed it off earlier.

All in all I would have expected that these pairs which usually mirror each others result would provide a hedge.

John

Files:
dlmv1.36.htm  77 kb

Yeoeleven:

Actually the Hedge worked in the end but with alot of stress. Thank's STRANGE EA, got all the money back and closed the EA a few minutes ago, it covered all the CHF losses and made over $650 for week on Demo, Float was over $1,100 then all came back, due to reverse turn in the market, will need to watch this more closely if traded live

Files:

txsundevil:
Yeoeleven: Actually the Hedge worked in the end but with alot of stress. Thank's STRANGE EA, got all the money back and closed the EA a few minutes ago, it covered all the CHF losses and made over $650 for week on Demo, Float was over $1,100 then all came back, due to reverse turn in the market, will need to watch this more closely if traded live

Hi txsundevil,

Becarfuly... to lose everythink you only need 1 oportunite

txsundevil:
Yeoeleven: Actually the Hedge worked in the end but with alot of stress. Thank's STRANGE EA, got all the money back and closed the EA a few minutes ago, it covered all the CHF losses and made over $650 for week on Demo, Float was over $1,100 then all came back, due to reverse turn in the market, will need to watch this more closely if traded live

Just a thought, was the EA working whilst it lost so dramatically? Or was the computer off and just the actual trades were actioned?

I am not aware of all the ramifications of EAs but would the calculations about profitability and closure occur if the EA was not actually live and working?

In other words would the EA have been able to close early when in profit or would just the actual trades run fully?

This could be the reason for the losses if the EA was not using it's inbuilt stoploss also the reason why it subsequently was able to close when you were monitoring it.

John

Yeoeleven:

No The computer was on all week 24/7 except for mid Wednesday had to reboot for 5 minutes. I am on AT&T Pro in Houston, very stable connection here only down once for a few hours in July of last year.

There is another way to protect yourself the PIPSTEP is 15 in the default if you increase this to say 20-25 during like a news event that may help will have to investigate that.

No I did not use the so called stop loss there was no stop loss programmed in the Ea I was using.

Hi all, I am new to metatrader and have not had much time to play with it and all the EA's and what not. But I have followed this thread from the begining! I think its great the way people can work together to solve problems and find good solutions. Once I get a better understanding of MetaTrader I hope to contribute more!!

A couple things about this EA (in my opinion)... I am thinking start with a good size account and take out the profits often!! Like every two weeks!!! But I really see how a broker could make lots of $$$ trading like this...but we must remember they already have lots of $$$ to ride those bad streaks!! Good luck to all keep up the good work and thank you for the education!!

Reason: