Profit Generator EA - page 26

novafx99:
What will it do? Add to positions? I'm excited about this EA. 9 out of 10 winning trades. Can't beat that. Plus the thing actually works right. So many of these EA's are too buggy. I've also been testing hans123 and am having good trades. I use smaller Tp and Sl than the original formula and have been profitable this week. Personally, I think a scalping strategy is best in forex market unless you know a lot about fundamentals and keep up with all the news and market analysis. All I know is, between these two EA's I would have made big$$$ this week. I've tried real time trading with real money using indicators and have found that my emotions get too much in the way. Automation is the key as you all feel as well. Maybe not for everyone but most of us will lose in forex when we get involved in the trades. The big players know how to manipulate emotions very well. So many fishing for stops and it works everytime they do it. Maybe we could analyze what happens in bars on a low tf when the operators are fishing for stops and devise an EA to go in with them. It happens several times a day.

What Money Management (MM) does when you turn it on is that it increases your lot size automatically to the percentage of your risk. The risk is defaulted at 10 which means that it will trade 10% of your margin with that currency pair. As you make more money, it will increase the lot size. As you loss money, it will decrease the lot size. This way, if you are going through a losing streak in the market, it will decrease the lot size (so that you don't lose your money as fast) and if you are going through a winning streak in the market, it will increase your lot size (so that you will make even more money). Very smart how it works and it is what I will impliment when I go live with this EA when the time comes.

I hope that helps. Thanks for all your work backtesting. The results are amazing, lets hope it forward test as good.

laserjet:
I am backtesting EURUSD according to your setting but getting oppsite results, I don't know what is missing, can you please have a look.

TF=H4

Stoploss=28

Takeprofit=13

Longbar=16

usehourtrade=false

I backtested for 3 months and getting modeling 90% also.

Thanks in advance

Interesting, I backtested for the exact same timeframe with 90% modeling as well but my results are very much different. I don't know how to explain it except that backtesting is just a "guide" to what can be profitable. Obviously, with the forward testing this week of this setting it appears to be profitable so far. We need to keep forward testing to see if it really is profitable.

Additional Tester Needed on Minor pairs

I also request voluneers that additional testers also test out the following currency pairs as well. They all appear to be profitable from the backtests.

GBPUSD (H1)

Stoploss: 23

Take Profit: 12

Longbar: 18

No timefilter

No Trailing Stop

USDCHF (H4)

Stoploss: 25

Take Profit: 12

Longbar: 16

No timefilter

No Trailing Stop

USDJPY (H4)

Stoploss: 70

Take Profit: 140

Longbar: 18

Timefilter ON 7-20

No Trailing Stop

EURJPY (H4)

Stoploss: 70

Take Profit: 150

Longbar: 22

No timefilter

No Trailing Stop

GBPJPY (H4)

Stoploss: 60

Take Profit: 110

Longbar: 28

No timefilter

No Trailing Stop

CHFJPY (D1)

Stoploss: 50

Take Profit: 100

Longbar: 15

No timefilter

No Trailing Stop

Thanks, in advance. You can test these out alongside the EURUSD on the same Metatrader 4 install and see by currency pairs which seem profitable.

Volunteers Needed

Well, I have taken from the thread some very promising backtests that we need to forward test together. Can we get volunteers to help forward test this week the following settings on the EURUSD that appear to be very promising.

EURUSD (H4) by holyguy7

Stoploss: 28

Take Profit: 13

Longbar: 16

No timefilter

No Trailing Stop

EURUSD (M5) by taxiran

Stoploss: 30

Take Profit: 10

Longbar: 15

Period: 60

No timefilter

No Trailing Stop

EURUSD (M5, M15, M30) by amckeen

Stoploss: 10

Take Profit: 10

Longbar: 10

No timefilter

No Trailing Stop

EURUSD (M5, M15, M30) by amckeen

Stoploss: 10

Take Profit: 40

Longbar: 10

No timefilter

Useclose: True

Trailing Stop: 5

Trailing Stop Activation: 17

amckeen did not give a timeframe for his backtest so I backtested it on all timeframes and found that the three timeframes above all appear very profitable. We need to see which timeframe will work the best and be most profitable. So I need testers to test each of the three timeframes on each setting (six in all) and also mine and taxiran's as well. I have backtested and verified the results are very good in all these settings.

Holyguy7

Should we use to test ver. 2.7 backtest only attached by jojolalpin in post no. 233?

krall:
Holyguy7 Should we use to test ver. 2.7 backtest only attached by jojolalpin in post no. 233?

I am not sure what it does exactly. I am just using the standard version 2.7 and it appears to work fine backtesting. However, try them both out and see if it makes a difference.

Once Nich gets off vacation, I am going to see if I can get him to add an additional feature to the EA to make it even better, a reverse feature.

HI!

I didn't get time to test my add (for this EA only) and I won't have a lot of time untill sunday so if you are a coder just look at the change, else wait I will try it and tell.

It should just allow you to set optimisation to reference Period.

I explain: optimisation allow you to make a parameter change step by step. But with time frames you cannot make it change 1 5 15 30 60... automatically. So if you set backtest parameter to 1 and tell MT4 to change period parameter from, for example, 3 to 9, period will change from M15 to Monthly.

Understand? (sorry for my english but I speak french easier)

Also, about money management, I think we could do better.

We want to play on a lot of currencies with a 10% risk (based on free margin).

So if you have a 10 k$ account, first EA playing will order 1lot -> still 9k$ left. On second currency it will only play with 0.9 lots .... And at the end you have more than 10% in the game.

Maybe we could set a global variable that set how much to play for each currency (5 currencies on a 10k$ account at 10% risk -> 0.2 lots per currency). Also, playing different currencies should protect us so we could increase risk %.

And you could use this to set a trailing stop to global drawdown of the account (like Nich was telling about somewhere before) to stop all EA's untill human intervention. So you can let it run and enjoy life.

PG 2.7 - backtest only - not tested yet

see last post - a bug and can't delete this one

Hello,

Here my statement this day with the version + adjustments of the backtests seen on the post 184 and 185 :

results Profit Generator forward testing for the week of March 27-31 Using FXDD

Attached in a PG.zip file are the results Profit Generator forward testing for the week of March 27-31 Using FXDD. EA's were added as they were posted. (or as I found them, would be more accurate.)

I have not found a forward testing ready of PG2.7 mentioned in many recent posts for forward testing next week so I will Use The 2.[1].6.2 again along with the origin Profit Generator with the lower TP:15 and SL:25 settings time:7-12

All Longbars will be set to 15. I'm thinking of using M30 & H1 only in the Euro/UK time period as this seams to give the best forward test results. I will only be testing 6 pairs that are showing the most consistent results. GBPUSD,USDCHF,USDJPY,EURJPY,EURUSD,NZDUSD

As I have 8 Copies of MT4 and my forward testing will only take 2 copies, I will have 6 available for forward testing as decided by the forum.

Not too interested in the Backtesting, I've never see it work on any platform in my 10years of trading. (2inFX) It may be useful however for starting points.

Please let me know what settings should be used for forward testing next week.

Divide the workload and conquer the FX!.

Thanks for really great work and an EA that looks like it's really going to work.

Settings for DetailedStatement-1 Profit Gerator Orignal

GBPUSD,USDCHF,USDJPY,EURJPY,EURUSD,NZDUSD

All pairs (H1) Stoploss: 25, Take Profit: 15. timefilter: 8-24

Settings for DetailedStatement-2 Profit Gerator Orignal

GBPUSD,USDCHF,USDJPY,EURUSD

All pairs (D) Stoploss: 25, Take Profit: 15. timefilter: 7-24

Settings for DetailedStatement-3 Profit Gerator 2.[1].6

GBPUSD,USDCHF,USDJPY,EURJPY,GBPJPY,CHFJPY,AUDUSD, USDCAD,EURGBP, EURCHF, EURJPY,GBPJPY,GBPCHF, EURAUD,CHFJPY,EURCAD,AUDCAD,AUDJPY,NZDUSD,USDMXN

All pairs (H1) Stoploss: 30, Take Profit: 40. Longbar: 18 timefilter: 8-18 Trailing Stop=5 MM=TRUE

Settings for DetailedStatement-4 Profit Gerator 2.[1].6.2

GBPUSD,USDCHF,USDJPY,EURJPY,EURUSD,USDCAD,AUSUSD,NZDUSD

All pairs (H1) Stoploss: 30, Take Profit: 40. Longbar: 17 timefilter: 7-18 Trailing Stop=5 MM=TRUE

Settings for DetailedStatement-5 Profit Gerator Orignal

GBPUSD,USDCHF,USDJPY,EURJPY,EURUSD,NZDUSD

All pairs (H1) Stoploss: 25, Take Profit: 15. timefilter: 8-18

Settings for DetailedStatement-6 Profit Gerator 2.[1].6.2

GBPUSD,USDCHF,USDJPY,EURJPY,GBPJPY,CHFJPY,AUDUSD, USDCAD,EURGBP, EURCHF, EURJPY,GBPJPY,GBPCHF, EURAUD,CHFJPY,EURCAD,AUDCAD,AUDJPY,NZDUSD,USDMXN

All pairs (H4) Stoploss: 30, Take Profit: 40. Longbar: 16 timefilter: 8-18 Trailing Stop=5 MM=TRUE

Settings for DetailedStatement-7 Profit Gerator Orignal

All pairs (M30) Stoploss: 30, Take Profit: 40. timefilter: 8-18

Settings for DetailedStatement-8 Profit Gerator 2.[1].6

All pairs (M30) Stoploss: 30, Take Profit: 40. Longbar: 16 timefilter: None Trailing Stop=5 MM=TRUE

Settings for DetailedStatement-9 Profit Gerator 2.[1].6

All pairs (H1) Stoploss: 30, Take Profit: 40. Longbar: 10 timefilter: None Trailing Stop=5 MM=TRUE

Files:
pg.zip  118 kb
Reason: